The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer Neutron! Semi modular
Old 7th February 2018 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by stopthesignal ➡️
Not really. If there's one effect type that is often left cryptic it's the analog vs. digital nature of delay. For example, nothing in the official specs on the websites for the Korg Minilogue or Dreadbox Erebus refers to the built-in delay as "digital" even though both are digital delays. Even in dedicated delay pedals, you'll often see a digital delay referred to as "analog style" with no explicit mention of digital.
Yeah, but BBD is analog so it's kind of stupid to call it BBD if it isn't. And nothing in the specs of those two synths say's anything about Bucket Brigade Delay.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkos ➡️
Yeah, but BBD is analog so it's kind of stupid to call it BBD if it isn't.
I'm still not sure what your point is. Up until those specs were posted, there was nothing I had seen referring to the delay as BBD. The front panel certainly doesn't say BBD.

And per RunnyKine's post, not all delays referred to as BBD are analog. Sometimes they are digital delays with BBD emulation.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
And nothing in the specs of those two synths say's anything about Bucket Brigade Delay.
I guess you added this after I quoted the post. My point referring to those other synths was that they have digital delays, but the company does not refer to them explicitly as digital. You argued that if the delay in the Neutron was digital, Behringer would have called it a digital delay. I gave examples of companies that don't refer to their digital delays explicitly as digital - they leave it cryptic, effectively refuting your statement.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Here's the delay specs according to Guitar Center.....
"Multiple stage analog delay based on legendary BBD (Bucket Brigade Delay) technology"
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Here's the delay specs according to Guitar Center.....
"Multiple stage analog delay based on legendary BBD (Bucket Brigade Delay) technology"
Um...look back at the first post of mine that you quoted. I quoted and was referring to that exact spec! Up until that point, there was no confirmation that delay was an analog BBD-based delay and I was excited to see that confirmed in the specs. At this point, I have no clue what it is you are trying to get at in this conversation, so I think we should leave it and let meaningful discussion return to this thread.
Old 7th February 2018
Gear Head
Time for a silly question, I guess . How do we determine whether this will support velocity and aftertouch? For example, my ARP Odyssey module doesn't support support either, and it is documented, but I am not sure if it could be deduced from the specs.
Old 7th February 2018
Gear Nut

Aaaaand the listings have all been pulled. Guess we’ll have to wait and see if that price was accurate. At least we got the specs. Behringer may as well go ahead and release all the details now
Old 7th February 2018
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
I'd guess that the BDD is analog, Uli's really keen to take analog synthesis as far as possible with all these new synths, no reason to think it would be a digital delay, I might be wrong of course, either way it's a cracking synth.
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz ➡️
I'd guess that the BDD is analog, Uli's really keen to take analog synthesis as far as possible with all these new synths, no reason to think it would be a digital delay, I might be wrong of course, either way it's a cracking synth.
It specifically says analog bbd delay in the product specs. It’s definitely analog
Old 7th February 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I'll wait for an official statement from Behringer regarding price. $300 seems too good to be true.
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleyas ➡️
I'll wait for an official statement from Behringer regarding price. $300 seems too good to be true.
They did take pre-orders which haven't yet been cancelled. So, interested to see what happens next.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Yeah, waiting for Uli to confirm. I was thinking $400-ish, but I don't see $300 as too good to be true. The question is how confident retailers are that they can sell this in mass.

edit: Unrelated, but I wonder if the included effects are taken/adapted from Behringer's range of cheap guitar pedals, one of which does feature a BBD.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankzz ➡️
Time for a silly question, I guess . How do we determine whether this will support velocity and aftertouch? For example, my ARP Odyssey module doesn't support support either, and it is documented, but I am not sure if it could be deduced from the specs.
Given the info we currently have there's no way to tell. That said, there's a mysterious "Assign" out under "MIDI Gate" in the matrix.
Old 7th February 2018
Deleted 153c85c
Allow me to clarify:

1.) This is a true analog BBD (Bucket Brigade Delay) circuitry based on 3205 chips.

2.) We are targeting to ship the first products from our factory by end of April. It will take a bit more time for products to reach our retailers.

3.) I can now confirm that the official US MAP for the Neutron is US$ 299.99.

We have received such positive feedback about the Neutron that we feel confident about high projected production runs.
As explained before, we work very differently from most competitors as we calculate our prices "bottom up".
This means that the larger the production volume is, the lower our component and manufacturing cost will be. Based on our philosophy, we then pass these savings on to you.

As you know I am very passionate about synths and it’s our goal to get as many people as possible into making music.

Last but not least, I like to give credit to our multiple innovation teams who have been tirelessly and passionately working on this synth. I am very proud of you!

I hope you are as excited about the Neutron as we are :-)

Uli

Last edited by Deleted 153c85c; 7th February 2018 at 08:06 AM..
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Wonderful
Old 7th February 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
So can I get one before everyone else?
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyBox ➡️
Given the info we currently have there's no way to tell. That said, there's a mysterious "Assign" out under "MIDI Gate" in the matrix.
Thanks for chiming in! Makes sense. Wait and watch, I guess
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Behringer ➡️
Allow me to clarify:

1.) This is a true analog BBD (Buckey Brigade Delay) circuitry based on 3205 chips.

2.) We are targeting to ship the first products from our factory by end of April. It will take a bit more time for products to reach our retailers.

3.) I can now confirm that the official US MAP for the Neutron is indeed US$ 299.99.

We have received such positive feedback about the Neutron that we feel confident about high projected production runs.
As explained before, we work very differently from most competitors as we calculate our prices "bottom up".
This means that the larger the production volume is, the lower our component and manufacturing cost will be. Based on our philosophy, we then pass these savings on to you.

Uli
Thanks for the clarification, Uli! Super excited to see the price point confirmed, and a bit sad to see that Musician's Friend and Guitar Center shipping estimates proved to be fictitious after all. Well, April-May timeframe is still pretty great if you are able to hit it, I think.
Old 7th February 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Can you combine two Neutrons somehow to get four-voice paraphony?
Old 7th February 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
You could run 2 separate midi channels if chaining isn't available
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

I can now confirm that the official US MAP for the Neutron is indeed US $299.99
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Uli, the Elon Musk of synth,s. :-)
Great! I want 2 of these neutrons please.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Ok - that IS a truly exciting time to get into hardware. So as a synth newbie, which way should I go - the Model D or the Neutron? ...Well both, right?!!
Old 7th February 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Dang, the Neutron most likely won't work with my present setup, but I'll probably have to get one anyway. Because it's so cool.

Gateway to modular madness too....
Old 7th February 2018
Lives for gear

That is just crazy pricing. Bravo. I take my hat off to you sir.
Old 7th February 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Jeez, so I can get the model d + neutron for about 1 k aud? Amazing. Can't wait for a price on the obxa.

These here are crazy times.
Deleted b472e31
Quote:
Allow me to clarify:

1.) This is a true analog BBD (Bucket Brigade Delay) circuitry based on 3205 chips.

3.) I can now confirm that the official US MAP for the Neutron is US$ 299.99.

As you know I am very passionate about synths and it’s our goal to get as many people as possible into making music.

Last but not least, I like to give credit to our multiple innovation teams who have been tirelessly and passionately working on this synth. I am very proud of you!

Uli
Hi Uli

the size 84hp is confirmed ?
Lives for gear

Quote:
1 way of bringing more people into music is to run classes at your customer care centres around the world. This will give people (and potential customers) hands on experience using synths etc and also mixing basics, DAW's etc.
Also, when can we expect to see a Behringer DAW?

Last edited by matt pinchin; 7th February 2018 at 09:15 AM.. Reason: Spelling mistake
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Allow me to clarify:

Is that one single 3205 chip or several? Each chip gives 200ms or so of delay time, right?
Deleted 0cbbc73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinakroon ➡️
Is that one single 3205 chip or several? Each chip gives 200ms or so of delay time, right?
You can see two bbd’s if you look at the first pcb pics on page 1
📝 Reply