The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The UB-Xa Synthesizer
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
vlz
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanrock ➡️
Check this out, the Rev 4 vs a Mono/poly: New Sequential Prophet 5 and 10

I got the numbers wrong too, the Rev 4 is 0-120, seems the filter knob covers a narrower range than the P6/OB6 (0-164). Each step is a chromatic note frequency.
Ouch!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Mods - clean up on aisle 7 please.
We don't need no Brexit discussions on here where half the readers haven't even heard of it or don't care.

Back to synths please..

Behr need to release the specs for this synth before WW3 breaks out on the forums.
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfiedotwtf ➡️
The Prophet 6 has obvious stepping when resonance is up, but I've never heard stepping with the Prophet 5 rev 4 or OB-6.
All three step but only under manual control (i.e. not when envelopes/LFOs control it) and only when moved quite slowly - there is smoothing involved I believe.

It’s harder to hear on the OB-6 due to lack of self resonance.

It is a design decision which has very little impact on my synth use, but others may find it an issue - if you like hi res slowish manual sweeps! It is handy when tuning the resonance to specific notes though.

It is also the same on the OG P5s - without seemingly hindering their popularity - but the Pro 3/Take 5 dropped it I think.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I would laugh but it is just so sad…

:-(
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bftucker ➡️
I would laugh but it is just so sad…

:-(
Agreed. Apparent mental health and/or substance abuse issues.

One thing is certain, it's all about attention seeking for himself, not the gear, so a ban seems appropriate.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymooger ➡️

One thing is certain, it's all about attention seeking for himself, not the gear, so a ban seems appropriate.
He was removed from the B2600 thread and will surely be removed from this one in time. His inane, xenophobic comments on the Sweetwater thread were roundly ignored but will most likely result in a temporary ban then a permanent one. People, huh?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
So - maybe Behringer are waiting to launch it as soon Sequential announce the OB-X ?

Like - maybe tomorrow, at Superbooth ?

I know, but we need a bit of excitement. It feels like 1964 when Uli first started this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendell r. ➡️
So - maybe Behringer are waiting to launch it as soon Sequential announce the OB-X ?

Like - maybe tomorrow, at Superbooth ?

I know, but we need a bit of excitement. It feels like 1964 when Uli first started this thread.
I was shot down for suggesting Behringer might be looking to see what Sequential does, but heh, can you imagine? LOL!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I suppose another interpretation is that Uli Behringer is just determined to wait ages and ages until he feels that the sound is just right. It is their first big VCO polysynth after all, and the first of several on the same platform and format they've got planned.

I remember it took about five years from the announcement of their first synth to the Deepmind, so maybe see you in 2022.

Last edited by wendell r.; 1 week ago at 11:44 AM..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The original is his favorite synth ever so you could imagine he wants to do it right
Old 1 week ago
DGL
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
The only issue stopping release is component shortages, nothing else.
I'm guessing the only reason for a lack of demos is they want to wait until you at,least have some chance of buying one.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGL ➡️
I'm guessing the only reason for a lack of demos is they want to wait until you at,least have some chance of buying one.
Everyone loves a conspiracy though.

Used to be 80% of internet traffic was SPAM. Now it's conspiracy theories.

What a way to run a rail road.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Not sure that mine particularly could be described as a conspiracy theory, but whatever the reason, hope it's out soon ..
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymooger ➡️

I put him on ignore. I have never done that before.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapro ➡️
I put him on ignore. I have never done that before.
I did that more than a month ago.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Not really behringers style. When they designed the cat/wasp they had item pages already on their website with pictures/specs over 6 months before they started showing up on sweetwater.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by styphon ➡️
Not really behringers style. When they designed the cat/wasp they had item pages already on their website with pictures/specs over 6 months before they started showing up on sweetwater.
I have no problem with Music Tribe wanting to get this product right, before its release.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddever ➡️
I have no problem with Music Tribe wanting to get this product right, before its release.
That should be the common theme here.

The trolls are not effective.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddever ➡️
I would agree with that for any company. I think its much better to release a finished/refined product then release a product to the public for "public beta test", which is the way video game companies function.

Now that I think of it, there are some people who want a product released ASAP even with errors, and enjoy the public beta test phase. I do not, I have little free time and don't want to spend it trouble shooting.
Quote:
I would agree with that for any company. I think its much better to release a finished/refined product then release a product to the public for "public beta test", which is the way video game companies function.

Now that I think of it, there are some people who want a product released ASAP even with errors, and enjoy the public beta test phase. I do not, I have little free time and don't want to spend it trouble shooting.
Whilst I generally agree, with software it's always tricky to determine when something is "done". There will always be bugs, and of course the advantage with firmware is that a company can issue updates (or not, if it gets bored cough Korg).
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Nah, there's always errors even with finished ones. I don't like finding them, but there they are. Nothing is bug free.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Perhaps a holding statement from Behr just to say:
a). it's ready, but we're waiting for components/containers, or
b). it's not quite ready; we want to get it to sound 99.9999% like the OG, or

c). both of the above.

Then we could unplug from the thread for another couple of months with our troubled minds at rest. I haven't been able to sleep for months because of the sheer stress and mental turmoil this waiting has caused.

Where's that personal injury lawyer's business card again..
Gear Addict
Quote:
I'm still waiting for my RD-9 which I pre-ordered from Thomann. If Schabb decides all countries should go in a lockdown when we can wait even longer.
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurzweil ➡️
Perhaps a holding statement from Behr just to say:
a). it's ready, but we're waiting for components/containers, or
b). it's not quite ready; we want to get it to sound 99.9999% like the OG, or

c). both of the above.

Then we could unplug from the thread for another couple of months with our troubled minds at rest. I haven't been able to sleep for months because of the sheer stress and mental turmoil this waiting has caused.

Where's that personal injury lawyer's business card again..
People will always claim the sound doesn't sound like the original while they didn't even have/had one. People will always say the synth will suck while it isn't even released. Even if you would compare two vintage synths like a Juno 106 they wouldn't sound exactly the same.

It's just synths, there are more important things to worry about.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurzweil ➡️
Is it really worth losing sleep over a synth? Relax...meditate, deep breathe, enjoy other synths in the meantime. When this one comes out or reviewers start getting their hands on it, THEN start allocating brainpower to it.

Ignore this thread if it stresses you out.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpatz ➡️
Is it really worth losing sleep over a synth? Relax...meditate, deep breathe, enjoy other synths in the meantime. When this one comes out or reviewers start getting their hands on it, THEN start allocating brainpower to it.

Ignore this thread if it stresses you out.
NO - CAN'T - IGNORE - GOTTA - GET - SYNTH - PAH - AARGH!

{I am sorry to announce that Kurzweil is dead - Long Live Kurzweil!}

Kind regards,
Polly Mogue (Kurz's sister-in-law).
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
It is a bit odd to see Behringer, who were cranking so much stuff out for a while, seeming as though their new synths have been circling the airport for some time now while other companies are landing planes, so to speak.

Though in truth, most of what's "landing" isn't filling me with gear lust. Not very interested in the Take 5 - it's a little too cut-down to be my main analog poly synth. The Waldorf M (to me) is too expensive for what it is and it hasn't been demonstrated yet that it can convincingly do the Microwave 1 sound, whereas the Behringer Wave will likely sound pretty close to a PPG (since that's the whole point of it) and be half the price.

So yeah, not going to feel compelled to buy something now just because it's there to be had. Makes much more sense to wait for the things I genuinely want, even if it takes a while. It's not like I need any of it...I could record another half dozen albums with what I already have and never run out of things to explore.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Behringer are so serious about making this authentic they're going to make each one actually vintage before releasing them to customers.
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectorman ➡️
It is a bit odd to see Behringer, who were cranking so much stuff out for a while, seeming as though their new synths have been circling the airport for some time now while other companies are landing planes, so to speak.

Though in truth, most of what's "landing" isn't filling me with gear lust. Not very interested in the Take 5 - it's a little too cut-down to be my main analog poly synth. The Waldorf M (to me) is too expensive for what it is and it hasn't been demonstrated yet that it can convincingly do the Microwave 1 sound, whereas the Behringer Wave will likely sound pretty close to a PPG (since that's the whole point of it) and be half the price.

So yeah, not going to feel compelled to buy something now just because it's there to be had. Makes much more sense to wait for the things I genuinely want, even if it takes a while. It's not like I need any of it...I could record another half dozen albums with what I already have and never run out of things to explore.
They have announced so many synths people forgot about them lol. Like:

vlz
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandwhite ➡️
They have announced so many synths people forgot about them lol. Like:

and according to well connected people that's just the tip of the iceberg.
📝 Reply