Old 18th August 2022
Here for the gear

Are these really not happening in 2022?
Old 18th August 2022 | Show parent
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe La Rosa ➡️
Are these really not happening in 2022?
Who knows but they shipped some TD-3-MO's and now they're out of stock pretty much everywhere. I suspect the chip shortages or part shortages have affected them quite a bi; several small players have already gone under.
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruprecht_ok ➡️
Who knows but they shipped some TD-3-MO's and now they're out of stock pretty much everywhere. I suspect the chip shortages or part shortages have affected them quite a bi; several small players have already gone under.
I got a TD-3-MO from Thomann recently, just checked and they are still available for $215. Amazon and Sweetwater also have them in stock.
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwanta ➡️
I got a TD-3-MO from Thomann recently, just checked and they are still available for $215. Amazon and Sweetwater also have them in stock.
Ah.. I keep looking at the sliver on sweetwater and it says: "More On Order
Reserve yours now, and we'll ship it as soon as it's available."

They were out for quite a while though.
Old 18th August 2022
vlz
Lives for gear

According to @ Jamie munro , things are likely to start moving again at the end of the year, beginning with the Pro-800.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
I’m gonna say this as non bashing, but as a way for behringer/uli to get their shit together.

Soon, Sequential will be releasing a desktop version of the OB-x8, which will be even closer to the price of this synth $3k vs $1.5k.

Andertons arguably fubarded their demo leaving synth king to pick up the pieces via a no talking no explanation story (was it an old version of the beta, newer, etc, etc).

Bottom line, they know who can give their synth a PROPER demo, his moniker is Loopop.

Time is running out, no one is going to steal their design, so why? Why? Why?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Time is running out? The thing isn't even in production yet.
Old 4 weeks ago
vlz
Lives for gear

Time is running out only for fools.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonNaphoven ➡️
Time is running out? The thing isn't even in production yet.
Think it through, if more “potential” customers say screw it I’ll just buy the obx8 desktop at ~$3k when it drops those same people won’t turn around and buy the ubxa..

If behringer otoh has a proper demo ala Loopop before that time, people might wait out for the eventual ubxa.

Meaning a win for everyone.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
The only proper demo so far sounded like ass which leads me to believe it currently sounds like ass.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowfood ➡️
Think it through, if more “potential” customers say screw it I’ll just buy the obx8 desktop at ~$3k when it drops those same people won’t turn around and buy the ubxa..

If behringer otoh has a proper demo ala Loopop before that time, people might wait out for the eventual ubxa.

Meaning a win for everyone.
The odds of a desktop coming in 2k cheaper is slim to none. Minimum 3.5k.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundTound ➡️
The only proper demo so far sounded like ass which leads me to believe it currently sounds like ass.
Jury is out on whether the andertons demo was proper. Couple things about that: neither andertons nor behringer have done a follow up saying as much which helps prove your point meaning, it sounds like ass.

And also puts behringer in a place where they need to have a proper demo considering the statement “beta testing is finished” and the andertons fiasco.

Add the obx8 desktop coming within short order…
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
No doubt at $3.5k-$4k the OB-X8 module will still be much more expensive. I think that premium will be worth the price however should one be looking to buy or saving up their pennies, and likely available far sooner than the Behringer.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by donato ➡️
No doubt at $3.5k-$4k the OB-X8 module will still be much more expensive. I think that premium will be worth the price however should one be looking to buy or saving up their pennies, and likely available far sooner than the Behringer.
Totally agree. One will be able to find a lower $3k price if they find one at say proaudiostar .. my B stock prophet 16 rev 2 desktop and prophet 5 rev 4 B stock were $500 less and were both brand new with the double box.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

This thread is the triumph of the human spirit
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Jury is out on whether the andertons demo was proper. Couple things about that: neither andertons nor behringer have done a follow up saying as much which helps prove your point meaning, it sounds like ass.
If you don't remember this was the follow up video released by Behringer to the Andertons fiasco.
And it doesn't sound like ass!!

Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

Andertons arguably fubarded their demo leaving synth king to pick up the pieces via a no talking no explanation story (was it an old version of the beta, newer, etc, etc).
Disclaimer: I only have a mild interest in this synth so dip on and out of the thread.

The one demo I've (just) seen is the Anderton's one, I watch the channel rather than following B gear. By simply playing the synth - and he's a good player - he made it sound crap.

What exactly is the fault of the player in this case?

(Edit: listening to the SK demo now, sounds fine, but doesn't change my Q about what Anderton's supposedly did wrong)
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jags ➡️
If you don't remember this was the follow up video released by Behringer to the Andertons fiasco.

Well I was quoting the above poster in regards to “ass”. As to the only videos I recall both were by synth king. Neither show us anything of value, except some chords and poly aftertouch.

I have an ubxa on pre-order I also own quite a few Behringer synths and audio mixers etc I am happy with.. my whole hope is that Behringer sees this little rant and has someone like Loopop give it a fair shake.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Well I was quoting the above poster in regards to “ass”. As to the only videos I recall both were by synth king. Neither show us anything of value, except some chords and poly aftertouch.

I have an ubxa on pre-order I also own quite a few Behringer synths and audio mixers etc I am happy with.. my whole hope is that Behringer sees this little rant and has someone like Loopop give it a fair shake.
Yes, I do agree that having someone like LooPop do a video would be great!

There is also this video by Firechild:

And also this recent one by SynthKing:

Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Yes, I do agree that having someone like LooPop do a video would be great!

There is also this video by Firechild:

And also this recent one by SynthKing:

Yep , now compare to the OBXa via fire child

Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

Hang in there, Jags. It's totally going to happen!

Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Yep , now compare to the OBXa via fire child

Yes, I believe I already made that comparison last year November in this thread. Both songs are done in a very similar "FireChild" style. And both sound very similar to each other.

Here is my previous post:

Behringer UB-Xa Synthesizer

Last edited by jags; 4 weeks ago at 02:57 AM..
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogsy ➡️
Hang in there, Jags. It's totally going to happen!

Oh yes!! I'm a believer!! My preorder is in over a year ago and I'm now simply patiently waiting!!

Old 4 weeks ago
vlz
Lives for gear

It seems like they were all out overnight. The attack of the trolls.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Charge of the light brigade
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The UB-Xa is (obviously) a re-designed OB-Xa.

It's marginally useful and interesting to watch people flip through the presets, tap keys and talk shiite for the camera but the trick that has inexplicably been missed by Behringer was to produce demos comparing it to the original or at least other classic OB polys from the late 70's to mid 80's era.

Early Prince sound, Van Halen, Santana and many many others. After all, isn't that what it's supposed to be all about? To hear how convincingly it can substitute for the original/s and recreate that OB monster sound?

Why didn't they just pay one or two skilled player/producers to produce some covers of classic tracks, perhaps also have them add some comments about how they made the track and finetuned the settings etc?

That would have been more useful than watching the usual fare from preset merchants and cheeseball shop demos imo.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by asbak ➡️
The UB-Xa is (obviously) a re-designed OB-Xa.

It's marginally useful and interesting to watch people flip through the presets, tap keys and talk shiite for the camera but the trick that has inexplicably been missed by Behringer was to produce demos comparing it to the original or at least other classic OB polys from the late 70's to mid 80's era.

Early Prince sound, Van Halen, Santana and many many others. After all, isn't that what it's supposed to be all about? To hear how convincingly it can substitute for the original/s and recreate that OB monster sound?
I was fortunate to have seen the two "accidental" videos that "Synth King" inadvertently publicly posted for a few hours over a year ago. One video was about 30 minutes long and showed him playing the UB-Xa along with some of his other classic synths including playing it with his original OB-Xa.

All I can say is that the UB-Xa sounded great compared to and playing with all his other classic synths!!

Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundTound ➡️
I haven't re-listened to the Andertons video, since right when they posted it. I wondered if they screwed up the recording. Gregofnyc (or someone) posted a Soundcloud of the other synth playing a similar patch, and people didnt like it (sounded like old analog synth init patch) but it sounded "right" to me, whereas the Andertons one, not so much. Did they reupload a better quality recording? I saw someone speculate that, but I haven't gone back to it. Why bother.

The Synth King retort sounded great, so IDK. I noticed the SK vid featured heavily filtered sounds. I don't think there's been a demo of bright sounds since Andertons. No big deal. Since UBXa is not available yet, I suppose there's no benefit to releasing that video yet, either. That means we don't know yet, so I'll keep an open mind, since I've heard conflicting evidence about how it sounds. So far, the preponderance of the skimpy evidence says it can do great "dark pads". I'd almost be willing to check that one off, at this point. Jury's still out on the other sounds, IMO. Which makes sense - they still haven't heard much evidence, so they'll be back for more. This thread has almost 15000 posts, and we still don't know that much about it or when it will be available. Human spirit!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Wasn't the main problem with the Andertons demo that every voice was panned 100% left or right, which made it sound really thin, bad and unnatural?
📝 Reply