The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer UB-Xa Synthesizer
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthpark ➡️
As you have claimed you lost all the GAS, but all of the sudden you are so hungry for more information, take the following suggestion:

Let a product be released. Wait for half a year, or better a full year, without wasting any second on that topic. Then read opinions about the synth, go in a store, if possible, and try it out with a much more down-to-earth attitude, when things are getting trivialized, with slight signs of wear. Now you really can judge the synth withtout any honeymoon effect whatsoever, with the direct look and feel. Makes a world of a difference to you.
I'm always hungry for more information and it's with that information that I make all my purchase decisions. I have never bought a synth on impulse and have never experienced any sort of "honeymoon effect". Why? Because I put in hours of research before I make any purchase.

I will usually read through the manual at least three times cover to cover. I will watch every YouTube review and tutorial I can find. I will read all the info on this forum and other forums regarding the synth.

When I feel confident that the synth is what I want and will do what I want it to, it is only then that I make the purchase.

This has worked out very well for me as I have seldom found the need to return anything. I am usually always very happy and satisfied with my purchase. Furthermore, when I actually receive the synth, I am already so familiar with the workings of the synth from all the research I have done, I'm usually up and running at 80% within minutes of turning it on.

This is the way I have purchased practically everything I have ever bought throughout my entire life. Whether its automobiles, appliances, tools, clothing, or toys for my various hobbies, this is always the way I have done it.

It works very well for me!!!

Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by jags ➡️
Well, it looks like I've been banned from the OB-X8 thread simply because I mistakenly made a post with a sound demo of the UB-Xa. I even explained my mistake and apologized for it on that thread.

It looks like free and informative speech is coming to an end and "cancel culture" is rearing its ugly head.
All you had to do was edit your post to say it is the UB-Xa and not the OB-X8. But bizarrely you refused to do that. You did this to yourself.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloud ➡️
All you had to do was edit your post to say it is the UB-Xa and not the OB-X8. But bizarrely you refused to do that. You did this to yourself.
No.

First, I never claimed it was the OB-X8. I never felt I needed to mention what synth it was as I knew it was the UB-Xa and I thought I was posting it in this UB-Xa thread.

Second, I actually tried to edit my post, but I was banned from the thread before I had a chance to do so. Plus, it was already pointed out by @ Jamie munro that it was a demo of the UB-Xa.

Third, I also had apologized and explained that I had made a mistake in posting it there as it was meant for this thread.

The moderator was obviously pressured by the mob over there to ban me. I was never given any sort of warning or even a chance to correct my mistake. And it truly was a mistake.

But It's not really a big deal. It's just a thread in a forum.

FYI: I have just created a new thread where we can directly and specifically discuss and compare the pros and cons of both the OB-X8 and the UB-Xa. Hopefully there we can openly share information in a civil way without a bunch of haters trying to ban you!!

Here is the link to that new thread:

OB-X8 / UB-Xa

Gear Maniac
Quote:
Second, I actually tried to edit my post, but I was banned from the thread before I had a chance to do so. Plus, it was already pointed out by @ Jamie munro that it was a demo of the UB-Xa.

Third, I also had apologized and explained that I had made a mistake...
You made multiple posts over the span of hours defending your right to discuss/post comparisons, instead of just editing your original post to not be misleading. You had enough time to edit it.

You also did a disservice to B, because there is now one more thing the haters will use: "B fans/shills post sounds of a different synth to mislead people".

Anyway, I'm out of this conversation. Have a good day.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
You made multiple posts over the span of hours defending your right to discuss/post comparisons, instead of just editing your original post to not be misleading. You had enough time to edit it.

You also did a disservice to B, because there is now one more thing the haters will use: "B fans/shills post sounds of a different synth to mislead people".

So sorry, I felt my initial apology and explanation was enough. Everyone knew that it wasn't the OB-Xa once @ Jamie munro discovered and pointed out my error, and the sound clip did prove to be interesting and benificial to some at that thread. It was all an innocent mistake on my part.

Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear
Quick, post an OB-X8 review in here for revenge!

Show those haters some hate!

Any chance were going to get a UB-Xa in the next decade?
what about that SEM two voice clone or the Pro 800?

In fact, is there anything synth-wise coming from Behringer in the next year?
Not the Beholcas, not interested in those....
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Yes, I do remember those individuals. They act like they are Oberheim lovers but in actuality they are just Behringer haters! It's sad that they were able to somehow convince the moderators to ban me simply because they don't like my viewpoint.

I'm thinking of creating a new thread where we can directly and specifically discuss and compare the pros and cons of both the OB-X8 and the UB-Xa. What do you think? Should I do it?

I think that's what the mod suggested, yes.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsam ➡️
I think that's what the mod suggested, yes.
Yes, I have already created that new thread where we can discuss both the OB-X8 and the UB-Xa.

Here is the link:

OB-X8 / UB-Xa

Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I'd take into consideration what the use of the winking thumbs up smiley might do in terms of affecting peoples judgement of your intentions when it is used in certain contexts. If a situation happens where some people are inclined to wonder if you were being disingenuous, that smiley might push their judgement over that line.

I know you use it at the bottom of every post but that fact will probably be lost on some people when those incidents occur.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

I don't care about the OB-X8, its value for money is not good for me... So let's go back to the (I guess) excellent UB-Xa
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

ugh im not interested in the drama at all

just wanna talk about synths
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

106 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:

No, wrong!
It was a gang attack, a mob if you will.
Jags apologized right away, but no, they could not accept that because they are hateful little bitches!

They repeatedly accused him of trolling the thread.

So, if you don't see the truth in this, your absence is a good thing.

Besides, the Behringer UB-Xa will smoke the competition, and it will do more than 80s new wave sounds.
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerFoote ➡️
... the Behringer UB-Xa will smoke the competition, and it will do more than 80s new wave sounds.
That's the spirit!
Lives for gear
I don't think Tom's goal is to emulate the sound of vintage Oberheim, and the buyers fully understood it when they heard OB-X8 demos. Tom is offering a completely new synth for 21 century based on legendary Oberheim topology.

UB-XA's goal is obviously different, it is trying to replicate the sound of vintage Oberheim as much as possible.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by momomel ➡️
I don't think Tom's goal is to emulate the sound of vintage Oberheim
I respectfully disagree. The X8 was designed to faithfully match the frequency response, parameter ranges, envelopes, modulation of vintage units. Great care and attention were taken when doing so. We did, however, reduce unwanted system noise and voice bleed.

Having directly compared the X8 to the OB-8/OB-X, it is astounding how nearly identical they sound when comparing original sound banks. Hell, we can import original OB tapes direct to the X8!

Not trying to make a sales pitch but wanted to reinforce that it was of utmost importance that the X8 match original OB operation and sonority.
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmd ➡️
I respectfully disagree. The X8 was designed to faithfully match the frequency response, parameter ranges, envelopes, modulation of vintage units. Great care and attention were taken when doing so. We did, however, reduce unwanted system noise and voice bleed.

Having directly compared the X8 to the OB-8/OB-X, it is astounding how nearly identical they sound when comparing original sound banks. Hell, we can import original OB tapes direct to the X8!

Not trying to make a sales pitch but wanted to reinforce that it was of utmost importance that the X8 match original OB operation and sonority.
My bad. Thank you.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
You didn't do anything bad/wrong by your post. Just offering a counter point and background on the X8.
Lives for gear
Quote:
You didn't do anything bad/wrong by your post. Just offering a counter point and background on the X8.
Thank you for your kind words, but my speculation was just wrong anyway. I thought Tom is heading in a new direction when I heard OB-X8, and I did not know that he was trying to replicate the sound of vintage Oberheim with it.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
But it looks like sales pitch in Behringer thread.
Trying to escape price war earlier?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by redloheb ➡️
But it looks like sales pitch in Behringer thread.
Trying to escape price war earlier?
I was replying directly to a post referencing the X8.

I have no idea what you are referring to as the price war.
Gear Maniac

Quote:

yes this was my understanding of the product ever since it was announced. especially with both filters present. it does sound great.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerFoote ➡️
No, wrong!
It was a gang attack, a mob if you will.
Jags apologized right away, but no, they could not accept that because they are hateful little bitches!

They repeatedly accused him of trolling the thread.
You'd have a point if he hadn't made the original post, posted an hour later it was apparently in the wrong thread, then took two more hours to put it in the correct one.

Most people will see it for what it was, that it's been appropriately dealt with by mods. Gaslighting is as pointless as calling people little bitches.
Old 2 days ago
vlz
Lives for gear

The same mods who let trolls run free in this thread. One-sided moderation.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
I'd be happy with a shed load more consistency, too
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I bet cbmd and the gang are as curious as we are about the Uliheim. Quite amazing to have two such closely competing products turn up (yes I know!) at the same sort of time.
vlz
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanrock ➡️
I bet cbmd and the gang are as curious as we are about the Uliheim. Quite amazing to have two such closely competing products turn up (yes I know!) at the same sort of time.
To be fair, competing but not much, more like complementing due to market segmentation.
Old 2 days ago
vlz
Lives for gear

On another note, I tried the Hydrasynth for its poly AT and was thinking why oh why we had to wait over twenty years for this. It will be to me an important feature of the UBXa.
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz ➡️
On another note, I tried the Hydrasynth for its poly AT and was thinking why oh why we had to wait over twenty years for this. It will be to me an important feature of the UBXa.
The Hydra is awsome. The Deluxe version is on my shopping cart
Old 2 days ago
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
in other news
Attached Images
Behringer UB-Xa Synthesizer-download.jpg Behringer UB-Xa Synthesizer-images.jpg 
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz ➡️
i think it is a stunning machine, in all respects
📝 Reply