The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer UB-Xa Synthesizer
Old 19th January 2022
Lives for gear
Jeez.
First the images wouldn't show then the delete option refused to delete, so I've manually deleted the text.
Was just nerd humour nothing to see here.... Move along...
Old 19th January 2022 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Has there been any updates on shipping or price point? I know people have phoned in to get on lists to purchase. I will wait for the bugs to be ironed out before I consider adding to my set-up. I would love an OB cloned polyphonic synth.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorian ➡️
Has there been any updates on shipping or price point? I know people have phoned in to get on lists to purchase. I will wait for the bugs to be ironed out before I consider adding to my set-up. I would love an OB cloned polyphonic synth.
No change. units till in beta at last report months ago.

we're either waiting on bugs or parts or both. you got to have all the parts to build them, and it's probably more than 1,000 parts.
Old 19th January 2022
vlz
Lives for gear

accessing the site from a mobile is not such a great experience at the moment. Every page load brings the privacy dialogue. Not good.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I hope our spies on Fecesbook will keep us informed
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurzweil ➡️
I hope our spies on Fecesbook will keep us informed
I’m not on FB but anyone can visit the Behr page there. Nada. People regularly ask after the UBX-a, the BCR32 reboot, the “DS-80” and so on. Complete silence. No response from B on any of those questions.

“We hear you”. 🤔
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz ➡️
accessing the site from a mobile is not such a great experience at the moment. Every page load brings the privacy dialogue. Not good.
my ipad is screwed regards coming here - i have not been able to access gearslutz for weeks @ Reptil or @ Mod s any ideas?

i have that stupid respect your privacy box stuck on my screen, i have removed cache etc, all cookies are ok in ipad settings, i cannot get the privacy wheel from the bottom right of screen to open up, when i select more options it sucks, wont move to a place where i can just accept - nothing works - WTF have you done with this forum? I suffer this with no other site.

WHY DO WE NEED TO KEEP SAYING WE ARE OK WITH COOKIES? i said yes once, i do not need to keep being asked and yet since about Sept /Oct we keep getting these awful little reminders that you use cookies - woah really? What next? Sending me flowers or little moog cutouts to make sure i feel ok?
Old 20th January 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
In this current environment B will probably just concentrate on things like mics and mixers, and not put out any synths this year.
Old 21st January 2022 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorian ➡️
I agree with this though I also like to see classic synths being revisited to give people access (or a replacement) to synths they can no longer afford. The classic synths are also aging, fragile and expensive to repair, if they even can be.
Problem is the older synths are more repairable with discrete through hole components. These newer clones have smd parts that are a lot harder to work with.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallery7 ➡️
In this current environment B will probably just concentrate on things like mics and mixers, and not put out any synths this year.
their new vintage mics are sooo ugly
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Jinn ➡️
Problem is the older synths are more repairable with discrete through hole components. These newer clones have smd parts that are a lot harder to work with.
I used to feel the same way, though there are a lot of upsides with SMT rework, even for those of us with less-steady hands!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Will you still be alive when it starts to break down?
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcabbage ➡️
More to the point, will I still be alive when it finally gets released!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmedia ➡️
More to the point, will I still be alive when it finally gets released!
You are more likely to be released as a clone before Uli clones the obxa
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcabbage ➡️
Most of us will still be alive. The point is that we won't have the same equipment though (probably).

It's easier for an affordable synth clone to end up in the second hand market.
Old 24th January 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I had a dream my UB-Xa pre-order shipped last night...
Old 24th January 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWriter ➡️
Have you never seen A Clockwork Orange? :0)
Not today.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Nah, you just need more expensive tools.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I had a dream my UB-Xa pre-order shipped last night...
The last synth-related dream I can recall was just weirdness. I was in the parking lot of some fast food place at dusk (I think it was like the retro drive-in place the kid worked at in Ghostbusters: Afterlife). And a well-known Youtuber into '80s synths was there walking around in a state of considerable dismay, saying to everyone, "I need filter chips, I need filter chips. Please, my Juno is dying. I MUST have new voice chips!" And a server whizzing by on roller skates said, "We have fish and chips!" iirc, I think at that point the Youtuber sort of threw up his hands in resignation and walked away saying something to the effect of, "I give up. What else is one to do when confronted with...THIS?"

If I kept a dream diary, I expect I'd sound almost as loopy as Lewis Carroll. Of course, most of us probably would.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by igglebiggle ➡️
I’m not on FB but anyone can visit the Behr page there. Nada. People regularly ask after the UBX-a, the BCR32 reboot, the “DS-80” and so on. Complete silence. No response from B on any of those questions.

“We hear you”. 🤔
My theory is that Uli Behringer passed some time ago and they keep him cryogenized sharing the fridge with Walt Disney while they decide what to do with the company.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectorman ➡️
The last synth-related dream I can recall was just weirdness. I was in the parking lot of some fast food place at dusk (I think it was like the retro drive-in place the kid worked at in Ghostbusters: Afterlife). And a well-known Youtuber into '80s synths was there walking around in a state of considerable dismay, saying to everyone, "I need filter chips, I need filter chips. Please, my Juno is dying. I MUST have new voice chips!" And a server whizzing by on roller skates said, "We have fish and chips!" iirc, I think at that point the Youtuber sort of threw up his hands in resignation and walked away saying something to the effect of, "I give up. What else is one to do when confronted with...THIS?"

If I kept a dream diary, I expect I'd sound almost as loopy as Lewis Carroll. Of course, most of us probably would.
I only dreamed I got an email. lol
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastropiero ➡️
Nah, you just need more expensive tools.
OH YOU NEED LITTLE TEENY EYES FOR READING LITTLE TEENY PRINT
LIKE YOU NEED LITTLE TEENY HANDS FOR WORKING ON SMT.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
OH YOU NEED LITTLE TEENY EYES FOR READING LITTLE TEENY PRINT
LIKE YOU NEED LITTLE TEENY HANDS FOR WORKING ON SMT.
Sure. And you can buy them indeed:

https://amscope.com/products/sm-4tz-144a-10m
https://en.goot.jp/products/detail/gsr_302
Old 24th January 2022
vlz
Lives for gear

I was reminded today that Behringer's current condition is not unique. I ordered a 16 inch M1 laptop when they were released maybe three months ago and I still have had no sight of it. I spoke to the supplier and they said there's no stock anywhere, and that there is no expected date of delivery. And so I'll start my sem 2 teaching next week with a laptop borrowed from my son. The situation is desperate.
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz ➡️
I was reminded today that Behringer's current condition is not unique. I ordered a 16 inch M1 laptop when they were released maybe three months ago and I still have had no sight of it. I spoke to the supplier and they said there's no stock anywhere, and that there is no expected date of delivery. And so I'll start my sem 2 teaching next week with a laptop borrowed from my son. The situation is desperate.
Thats weird. I bought mine in stock a week ago.
Old 24th January 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
depending on which configuration, the waiting list can be long. especially as i assume some of the various core count models are just binned versions so they need one to come up. plus who knows how they prioritise orders.

regarding the ubxa (and other announced stuff from behringer like the solina) let's say they get parts in summer. it will take a couple of months for them to be built and shipped. so realistically, don't expect to see them in shops (in small numbers anyway) before sept/october. more like xmas probably. but next year the options should be plenty.

and it's not like any of us are being held back from finishing that capolavoro because of the ubxa missing from our studios
vlz
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthpark ➡️
Just shows it's all a bit crazy. In a normal situation, there would be stock everywhere.
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthpark ➡️
not weird, consider location
Old 27th January 2022
Lives for gear
Why don't they make some kind of announcement?

Even
"We do not envisage that we will be able to release the UB-Xa in the next 6 months"
Would be better than nothing.

But maybe Uli is worried that people will spend their money on an OB6, Take 5, Super 6 or Polybrute?

Best hedge our bets and not tell them it won't be available for at least another 6 months, don't want them buying rival products....

Cynical?
Old 27th January 2022 | Show parent
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeGee ➡️
Why don't they make some kind of announcement?

Even
"We do not envisage that we will be able to release the UB-Xa in the next 6 months"
Would be better than nothing.

But maybe Uli is worried that people will spend their money on an OB6, Take 5, Super 6 or Polybrute?

Best hedge our bets and not tell them it won't be available for at least another 6 months, don't want them buying rival products....

Cynical?
I don't think that's cynical at all. Behringer clearly doesn't want to engage on the UBX-a, preferring to start banging the drum when it's "done", and is available on at least some basis. In the meantime, as you say, they want people to hang on.
📝 Reply