Quantcast
Roland D-05 (Boutique) - Page 46 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Roland D-05 (Boutique)
Old 24th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I didn't. Will back up the (very) few sounds I made and give that a go too.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by the donal ➡️
Thanks for the reply.

I can't find anything anywhere about a global ribbon disable.

I did think it might be erroneous midi data from my controller- but some testing scotched that idea. I find that when the pitch ribbon is flickering about, it also messes with the data from midi input. It did settle down a little late on last night- but haven't tested today.

I think a case unscrewing and bit of nosing around might help. I'll report back once this is done! (with photos)
Have you tried just letting the D-05 sit idle without any inputs other than power to see if you still experience the problem? Have you tried a different power source? For all the Roland boutique/aira stuff I've found I have to provide very clean USB power (I use Anker 60-watt USB power hubs).

I'd try to rule out external forces first.. Good luck
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by StepLogik ➡️
Have you tried just letting the D-05 sit idle without any inputs other than power to see if you still experience the problem? Have you tried a different power source? For all the Roland boutique/aira stuff I've found I have to provide very clean USB power (I use Anker 60-watt USB power hubs).

I'd try to rule out external forces first.. Good luck
Cheers. I'm using an Orico 60w hub.

I've had the D-05 since shortly after it was launched- never had any issues until the last week.

I'll try letting it sit idle for a bit.

I did try- with DAW running- switching my Code 61 off and on again- no difference in the issue at all.

Ideally, unscrewing bits will be a last resort- had a look at Markus Fuller's JP08 teardown to see how the ribbons sit. Not sure if I can make a huge difference there but again- if it's dust contamination that will be a different thing.
Old 24th November 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
So after an hour of sitting, there's no flickering etc in the pitch ribbon. I'm thinking it might be a power issue- I'm running a lot of gear off of 1 USB hub. I have another, so I can split it all across two and things should be fine.

Cheers for the help guys.
Old 4th December 2020 | Show parent
I'm just starting out loading patches to the D-05.

Does D50 Librarian import automatically to the User bank (leaving the factory presets intact)? Or do I actively need to select the User Bank somehow (to prevent the factory patches being overwritten)?
Old 23rd December 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Is there any reason to update to firmware 1.07 based on Roland information below?

Update history
[ Ver.1.07 ] JAN 2019
The version number was updated due to production-related circumstances.
Product specifications are unaffected.

[ Ver.1.06 ] MAY 2018
Additional Function
A setting has been added enabling the sending and receiving of bank select to be switched on and off.
Old 23rd December 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamero ➡️
Is there any reason to update to firmware 1.07 based on Roland information below?

Update history
[ Ver.1.07 ] JAN 2019
The version number was updated due to production-related circumstances.
Product specifications are unaffected.

[ Ver.1.06 ] MAY 2018
Additional Function
A setting has been added enabling the sending and receiving of bank select to be switched on and off.
Ok, so I updated to 1.07 anyway. My other boutiques needed to be updated so for the D-05 1.07 I figured why not. I'm don't suspect there are any bug fixes or added features though. Curious to know if otherwise.
Old 24th December 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Does anyone know if Roland will do another production run of these?

I would like a larger module, or keep it the same size but get rid of the strips and have the full size screen of the original D-50.
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebodyperson ➡️

I would like a larger module, or keep it the same size but get rid of the strips and have the full size screen of the original D-50.
Difficult to say. Knowing Roland, they are not going to re-produce a batch. The best thing you can do (if you want a larger size) is a second hand D-50. The value/price for a second hand D-50 is about the same of a new D-05 (ignore E-bay) Couple weeks ago in my local second hand music store there was a D-50 for sale for about 300 euro.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebodyperson ➡️

The cloud version sounds exactly the same, and for what a larger D-05 would cost just get a laptop and a midi/audio interface and use that a dedicated sound module

Or just get an old D550 rack
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philips ➡️
Difficult to say. Knowing Roland, they are not going to re-produce a batch. The best thing you can do (if you want a larger size) is a second hand D-50. The value/price for a second hand D-50 is about the same of a new D-05 (ignore E-bay) Couple weeks ago in my local second hand music store there was a D-50 for sale for about 300 euro.
Man if I saw a D-50 that cheap ide buy it.
Old 1st February 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Does the D-05 receive CC or NRPN messages? If so, does anyone have a complete CC or NRPN chart?
Old 28th February 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear

hey there!

after rtfm and checking all the menus i still can't figure out why my d-05 doesn't save settings through power cycles. especially having to setup the the midi channel every time i start it up annoys me.

can someone helo me out?

thanks a lot!
Old 1st March 2021 | Show parent
Gear Nut

You probably have memory protect on. It's on the first page in the (func) menu.
Here for the gear

hey. thanks, but i've turned it off. it's back on once i reboot the d-05..
Gear Nut

Sorry, I know you said you rtfm'ed, but one never knows. It sounds like you might have a memory fault. Can you even save patches?
Old 2nd March 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Is the D-05 still in production? It still features on the Roland website, but I cannot seem to find one in stock or available from Australia. Is it supply issues, or end of the line?
Thanks for any insight.
W
Old 3rd March 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellgate ➡️
Is the D-05 still in production? It still features on the Roland website, but I cannot seem to find one in stock or available from Australia. Is it supply issues, or end of the line?
Thanks for any insight.
W
It was a LTD edition, try the second hand market.
Old 3rd March 2021 | Show parent
Gear Addict

And it's a shame that Roland did this whole limited edition garbage to begin with. I feel like the D-05 is the best in that boutique lineup.
Old 10th March 2021
Gear Maniac
Question for the Roland experts... I've never owned a D-50 but liked the sounds. I was toying with the idea of grabbing a used D-05 but I'm wondering if it would be redundant since I already have a Jupiter 50?
Old 11th March 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellgate ➡️
Thanks for any insight.
W
It's with the scalpers now

Last edited by earwolf; 11th March 2021 at 01:47 AM..
Old 11th March 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythonis Rogue ➡️
And it's a shame that Roland did this whole limited edition garbage to begin with. I feel like the D-05 is the best in that boutique lineup.
Yea it makes me mad, Ide rather buy a real D-50 than pay for the prices they want for a D-05.
📝 Reply