The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sequentix Cirklon
Old 19th January 2020
Deleted 46a808e
I’ve just joined the Cirklon waiting list, I think?

I filled out the form with my name and email. Was a bit confused by the ‘message’ box - so just put ‘I would like to join the waiting list, thanks’, pressed send and that was it.

Could anyone who has been through this tell me what happens next? I haven’t received a confirmation email or anything. Do I need to pay a deposit?
Old 19th January 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr shifty ➡️
I’ve just joined the Cirklon waiting list, I think?

I filled out the form with my name and email. Was a bit confused by the ‘message’ box - so just put ‘I would like to join the waiting list, thanks’, pressed send and that was it.

Could anyone who has been through this tell me what happens next? I haven’t received a confirmation email or anything. Do I need to pay a deposit or anything?
More than likely Colin’s wife, Barbara, will reply to you telling you that you’ve been added. She’ll give you an estimate as to wait time and when you need to put down your deposit.
Old 19th January 2020
Deleted 46a808e
Oh I see, thanks.
Old 19th January 2020
Gear Maniac
Actually, if methods are still the same, nothing will happen at all, for the next 2 or 3 years.
Then you'll start to worry a bit and ask for some news.
Barbara will give you the approx.remaining time.
You just pay when they are almost ready to ship it.
Good luck to you sir.
Old 31st January 2020 | Show parent
Deleted 8ace8bf
I checked my mail archive, apparently I've been on the waiting list 2 years!!

Maybe I should get an update?
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_the_peace ➡️
I checked my mail archive, apparently I've been on the waiting list 2 years!!

Maybe I should get an update?
it's around 2.5 now, recently got notification from Barbara
Deleted 8ace8bf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serotoninja ➡️
it's around 2.5 now, recently got notification from Barbara
Cool good to know, thanks
Old 31st January 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Since around Black Friday there have been a few batches of b stock units available in the Sequentix shop. They get announced at the Sequentix forum. Most (if not all) of them have went to people already on the waiting list. The last 2 went on sale yesterday but they are gone already.
Deleted 9079588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Mitch ➡️
Seemed like none of the UK manufacturers he tried were any good. I think they only get away with it because the UK’s manufacturing industry has shrunk so much that the few manufacturers that are left are the only game in town.
Other people making synths,etc in the UK have similar horror stories about outsourcing the manufacturing.
Modal
Old 31st January 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Aren’t modal doing the same as Sequentix and manufacturing in house ?
If you ask around uk synth makers you’ll find many of them complain about contracting work out to the few places in uk that do it.
Old 31st January 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
So how much is a second hand Cirklon with CV and Bob worth nowadays?
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheDog ➡️
http://https://reverb.com/item/30649...ontroller-mint

Todays Reverb price seems to be $3400.
PS I'm not involved in this in any way, just happen to see it in this mornings email alerts. Carry on then and good luck.

Last edited by SirDuB; 31st January 2020 at 10:12 PM.. Reason: Added link.
Old 1st February 2020
Deleted 46a808e
Ah yeah I finally got the confirmation mail a couple of days ago - 18 months, and don’t have to pay a penny til nearer the time which is nice. Didn’t like the thought of having to pay half upfront (or whatever) and not receive anything for at least 18 months, while others have reported 2+ years, so that’s good of them.
Old 1st February 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Yeah, there's really no reason not to get on the waiting list, if you think there's a reasonable chance you'll want one. You'll have plenty of time to decide if you do in fact want one, and there's no risk.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 46a808e ➡️
Ah yeah I finally got the confirmation mail a couple of days ago - 18 months, and don’t have to pay a penny til nearer the time which is nice. Didn’t like the thought of having to pay half upfront (or whatever) and not receive anything for at least 18 months, while others have reported 2+ years, so that’s good of them.
I've been on the waiting list for 2+ years at this point - thinking of throwing in the towel and getting a Pyramid.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecaruption ➡️
I've been on the waiting list for 2+ years at this point - thinking of throwing in the towel and getting a Pyramid.
Why not Pyramid now and Cirklon later ?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
If your planning on selling you should probably do it before v2 comes along and makes second hand prices fall.
Old 1st February 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I love them and all but their website has not been updated for almost 3 years. That's kind of weird in this day and age right?
Old 1st February 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Not really. The shop is active. That’s where they’ve been selling bobs, B stock Cirklons, etc.
Facebook group and Sequentix forum are also active.

Last edited by Acid Mitch; 3rd February 2020 at 02:20 PM..
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
I have had both. The Pyramid is a fantastic sequencer. It boils down to how you want to use the devices.

Cirklon is so expensive that I made it the brain of my setup out of obligation. It does a great job there. But it’s not that great for quick 1 button chords, Euclidian sequences, midi effects. It does all of those things, but it will take some diving. You will need to spend a lot of time with it. The Pyramid is less powerful, less robust, obviously not the same build level, but its fantastic for quick ideas especially arps, chords progressions and melodies. It’s good for sequencing drums but I dont use it for that.

I will probably get struck down for this but I prefer the Elektron sequencer for drum programming over the Cirklon by a little bit. They are both amazing and have similar functionality, but automating stuff on the RYTM is more my style. Go into record mode and tweak the knobs - done. They both have trig probability, which is always a huge part of my workfllow.

So yeah, for less than a Cirklon I got a Rytm Mark 2 for drums and a Pyramid for chords, melodies, arps and more (ex -record DFAM percusssion into ableton, chop, resequence chops with Pyramid’s euclidian function) . That combo together makes more sense for me. All that said, I made tracks with the Cirklon and absolutely love that sequencer. I am just giving folks who are sick of waiting an alternative viewpoint.

I can see how a guy with a modular drum setup, modular and hardware synths would buy a Cirklon and not be seen for months on end as well.Sequencer choice is very personal, so it’s impossible to say which is better. I have a huge respect for Colins work and if my name pops back up on the list, it will be very tough not to buy one, just to have it in case things change down the road.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Mitch ➡️
If your planning on selling you should probably do it before v2 comes along and makes second hand prices fall.
Yep, I'm thinking of it. Having a cleanup here and it is on the list of "maybe sell" as I don't use it as much as I used to. It is a hard choice though!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Yep, I'm thinking of it. Having a cleanup here and it is on the list of "maybe sell" as I don't use it as much as I used to. It is a hard choice though!
I am not convinced 2nd hand prices will fall much. Not unless there are loads of V2 all at once. The economy of the Cirklon market will likely be stable.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sds1fs1r ➡️
I am not convinced 2nd hand prices will fall much. Not unless there are loads of V2 all at once. The economy of the Cirklon market will likely be stable.
Plus the upgrade price seemed quite reasonable so anyone buying used will have a path to V2.
Deleted d6ffc70
Quote:
I had both at the same time sitting on my Desk. Both are great and it comes down to personal choices, how you like to work etc.

I thought I would keep the Cirklon and return the Pyramid, but ended up keeping the Pyramid. You just might do the same
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sds1fs1r ➡️
When P3 went out of production second hamd P3’s soared to almost £1500 and then dropped back to £500 when Cirklon was released.
I think the same is likely.
When the waiting list goes back to normal there will be no point paying close to the rrp for a second hand unit because you’ll be able to just buy a new one.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
In some ways it would be good to wait until it’s “finished” before selling.
What do you use instead of it ?
Deleted 46a808e
Quote:
I’m about to pull the plug on a pyramid to put me on until the cirklon is ready, funnily enough.

.... maybe.
Old 3rd February 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr shifty ➡️
I’m about to pull the plug on a pyramid to put me on until the cirklon is ready, funnily enough.

.... maybe.
Exactly what I did. I don't regret it.
Old 3rd February 2020
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
For people are looking at Cirklon alternatives - It might be worth checking out the Vector Sequencer from Five12. It was previously only available as a eurorack module, but was just announced at NAMM this year that it will soon be available in it's own standalone case. You might recognize the name Five12 because it's the same guy that has been writing the software "Numerology" for the past 15 years or so.

I have both a Cirklon and a Vector, and they are both very good. The Cirklon is better at being a studio centerpiece, it has more midi i/o, more channels, and is more "modular" in the sense that you can use the aux tracks to do stuff that would be nearly impossible on other hardware sequencers.

That being said - I find the Vector is easier to navigate, more intuitive, quicker, and can do the vast majority of the stuff I like about the Cirklon, while being about 1/3 the cost and about 1/2 the size.

Something to check out if your looking into alternatives.
Old 3rd February 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
There’s a mint one on Reverb, why not just buy it?
📝 Reply