The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
U-He Repro-5
Old 31st January 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Are there any plans for future development to include features like Vintage Knob?

The strength of software is that the sound is stable.

Is there a way to turn off the UI keyboard display?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon ➡️
They're not gonna do a sale any time soon now that the NI sale has ended practically yesterday. They are now probably set for the next 2 years financially, so if you want more u-he stuff, get it regardless of the cost.
I thought it was over a couple weeks ago? I just bought the TAL Juno yesterday but I would've gladly gone back and bought Hive since Pigments is pretty much impossible to play in real time on my Mac mini heh.
Old 31st January 2021
Here for the gear

I just purchased this last night and I'm really looking forward to using it!
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotremata ➡️
I thought it was over a couple weeks ago?
"Practically yesterday" was a figure of speech, meaning "recently".
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpro600k ➡️
Are there any plans for future development to include features like Vintage Knob?

The strength of software is that the sound is stable.

Is there a way to turn off the UI keyboard display?
Check kvr, I ask this question there
Basically, vintage knob already implemented and it working amazing
Old 1st February 2021
Pip
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
No problem here- trash trash can works for me
Old 1st February 2021 | Show parent
Gear Head

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by login ➡️

But their computers don't even come with a USB port....
This is just wrong.
Old 1st February 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvgenyStudio ➡️
Thank you!!!
Old 3rd February 2021 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutantt ➡️
Search for mac vs pc on YT and you will see that in most use cases (very few exceptions), you get about half to 60% the performance of a PC on a Mac for every 1$ spent.
So if you are serious about your work, PC will be a better choice unless you need your projects to be 100% compatible with some "industry standard" Mac only software.
Well with the advent of the M1 Apple chip that's no longer so straight forward. It's going to be pretty difficult to beat the performance it offers at that $899 price point that it's at right now. The M1's performance is pretty impressive and something like the current gen Mac Mini is silent under load which makes it perfect for music. The jury's still out since the platform is new but I don't think you'll be able to match it right now going the PC route. Not at that price point anyway.
Old 9th February 2021 | Show parent
_gl
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urs ➡️
We have thought of this, but there's an issue. As you certainly know, the way plug-ins work is that DAWs give them slices of time to render their stuff. That is, a sample at a distinguished song position to start with, and a number of samples to process on.
sorry for the delay, fun with COVID.

I wrote a random autopanner (in Reaper JS) that I wanted to be deterministic for the same reasons.

the way I solved it was by caching a large number of random numbers upfront, based on a user seed parameter, and then sampling them from this cache based on the bar/beat position, sorta like an audio track.

that works great for that effect but isn't very elegant. caching a small number of random numbers on-the-fly every beat (using the bar/beat + user seed as a pseudorandom seed) might be a better solution.

depending on how randomness is used in an effect or instrument it could be a bit of work, but it's a worthwhile goal in my opinion, and once solved can be reused with new projects.

Last edited by _gl; 9th February 2021 at 01:31 PM.. Reason: quote
Old 9th February 2021 | Show parent
_gl
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by _gl ➡️
the way I solved it was by caching a large number of random numbers upfront, based on a user seed parameter, and then sampling them from this cache based on the bar/beat position, sorta like an audio track.

.. the one catch is if the user moves the performance in the timeline, then obviously the recorded bar/beat and the playback bar/beat are now offset, so the randomness wouldn't be correct anymore.

I'm not sure what the solution there is (need to think about it). it just occurred to me though that if the effect could output its used random numbers (or maybe just the on-the-fly seeds) so they could be recorded along with the performance eg. as MIDI data, and then consume them on playback, then playback would always be correct no matter how the recorded track is adjusted. (well except for time stretching, but changing randomness there is fair enough imo).

something like that might be the best/most transparent solution.

EDIT: or could the internal parameters that are being randomised be recorded as automation data, and then played back as recorded (without additional randomisation)? you could then have a 'Random SYNC' GUI button that when enabled follows the recorded automation, or otherwise freely randomises again. that should even work with time stretching.

so for example random oscillator drift would get recorded as pitch automation per voice, so would always play back the same way.

(exposing it as automation data would also allow users to mess with internal parameters like that indirectly which could be fun).

Last edited by _gl; 9th February 2021 at 02:19 PM..
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvgenyStudio ➡️
Is that the “variance” setting discussed recently in the Improvements thread? So it’s been there all along and nobody noticed?

Never mind, that's for Diva. Is the "vintage" knob in beta right now?
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Urs
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
In regards to the recent Apple M1 discussion here, we have released public beta versions of Repro (and ACE, Bazille, Coco, Diva, Presswerk, Satin) in our support forum on KVR.

We have further optimised our layer for ARM specific instructions (NEON) since our first tests. We're now seeing almost twice as many instances than the Rosetta version, and occasionally even more on small buffer sizes.

We're currently preparing the other half of our catalog for native support of Apple Silicon, but release of these versions should be pretty soon.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Urs
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
There's no exact equivalent to the P5r4 "Vintage" knob. Repro-5 however has the "Voice Detune" knob which does more than just detune voices, it also alters various other settings in the same way we found in the original hardware.

From the user guide:

"VOICE DETUNE knob: Effective at all times, independent of UNI- SON status. Per-voice subtle to serious detuning, as well as various other offsets.

Tip: To ensure that repeating the same note doesn’t apply exactly the very same detuning every time, go"
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urs ➡️
In regards to the recent Apple M1 discussion here, we have released public beta versions of Repro (and ACE, Bazille, Coco, Diva, Presswerk, Satin) in our support forum on KVR.

We have further optimised our layer for ARM specific instructions (NEON) since our first tests. We're now seeing almost twice as many instances than the Rosetta version, and occasionally even more on small buffer sizes.

We're currently preparing the other half of our catalog for native support of Apple Silicon, but release of these versions should be pretty soon.
Thank you for making incredible plugins!!
📝 Reply