The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Novation Peak
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

So pretty much all (significant) bugs have been squashed now! Awesome!
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by krylenko ➡️
Noise modding the filter is sweeeeet
Especially useful if you tie it to velocity!
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Right on, thanks a lot Novation!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
2.1 is out?

DLing ASAP! Big Ups Novation
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Excellent!! Thank you novation.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Zenith Vol 3

It's been a couple of years since I worked on the Novation PEAK and of course there's been some updates since, so I set about making Zenith Vol 3. Vol 2 was pretty much all about the Wavetables that were added, but this time, I've just made Sounds I want to Hear and Play.

There's 128 in the Bank and they will be out in a couple of weeks or when you see the 4th Video. Here's Patches 1 to 32. I'm using the Summit as a Controller, what you are hearing is the PEAK.

Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Loftus ➡️
That's right. Peak & Summit v2.1 is now available.
Full details can be found in the User Guide Addendum -

https://fael-downloads-prod.focusrit...english_en.pdf

John // Novation UK
Your update seems to have a critical bug with a hanging note when hitting more than 8 keys, confirmed by several users in a German forum. Important is to set the attack to values 4...8 or above. Happens on some machines.

So I am kindly asking you again for the a old firmware version from 2018, I guess it was the one which came after the very first one, fixing a noise issue, which I am sure you still have in your respository. I would like to bring my unit back to that firmware and forget about any updates. If you ignore this post like you did before, it just speaks for your service and business attitude.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Before the 2.1 update the Peak was practically unusable with USB MIDI.

Now it (almost) works as expected -- thanks for the update, Novation !

p.s.:
@ Synthpark : I let the synth play a 10 note chord for around half an hour (via USB-MIDI) and can confirm the hanging note issue (always voice 8) with amp attack >=4.
(to be precise: with attack<4 it never happened, with >=4 it happened instantly)
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthpark ➡️
Your update seems to have a critical bug with a hanging note when hitting more than 8 keys, confirmed by several users in a German forum. Important is to set the attack to values 4...8 or above. Happens on some machines.

So I am kindly asking you again for the a old firmware version from 2018, I guess it was the one which came after the very first one, fixing a noise issue, which I am sure you still have in your respository. I would like to bring my unit back to that firmware and forget about any updates. If you ignore this post like you did before, it just speaks for your service and business attitude.
Did you email Novation directly?
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:

I'm really sorry I missed your previous message. It certainly wasn't intentional. Rest assured, almost all online conversations about our products are on our radar, including the sequencer.de thread in question. We do our best to assist online wherever we can but you can always discuss things with us in real time via phone, Live Chat or by messaging us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Is the issue raised by the user on sequencer.de something you have been able to reproduce? Apart from the original poster and the one other user in the same thread who thinks they're able to reproduce it, it's not something we can or have seen widely reported so far but we have been investigating it.
https://www-sequencer-de.translate.g..._x_tr_pto=wapp

The latest release is solid but we do provide earlier firmware releases on our website for those who want them -
https://support.novationmusic.com/hc...dows-computer-

I believe you're specifically requesting version 1.1 which doesn't appear to be provided here, likely due to Patch compatibility concerns but our Support Team might be able to provide that if you contact them -
https://support.novationmusic.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new

John // Novation UK 🇬🇧
vlz
Lives for gear

Quote:

I can't reproduce this on the Summit. Maybe it's a peak-only issue.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Looks like Novation delivered. It's time to buy.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Is the issue raised by the user on sequencer.de something you have been able to reproduce? Apart from the original poster and the one other user in the same thread who thinks they're able to reproduce it, it's not something we can or have seen widely reported so far but we have been investigating it.
[..]
The latest release is solid
you can easily reproduce the hanging-note issue by setting the amp attack to >=4, then quickly pressing keys with both of your hands (>8 notes) (pressing them slowly one after another works fine).

That being said, I do agree that this is a solid release and a _huge_ improvement.

Much preferable to any old(er) firmware, IMHO.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsp804 ➡️
you can easily reproduce the hanging-note issue by setting the amp attack to >=4, then quickly pressing keys with both of your hands (>8 notes) (pressing them slowly one after another works fine).

That being said, I do agree that this is a solid release and a _huge_ improvement.

Much preferable to any old(er) firmware, IMHO.
Thanks for your feedback on this. Glad you're enjoying the update 👍
I'll be sure to share this with the team.

John // Novation UK 🇬🇧
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
I'm really sorry I missed your previous message. It certainly wasn't intentional. Rest assured, almost all online conversations about our products are on our radar, including the sequencer.de thread in question. We do our best to assist online wherever we can but you can always discuss things with us in real time via phone, Live Chat or by messaging us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

https://www-sequencer-de.translate.g..._x_tr_pto=wapp

The latest release is solid but we do provide earlier firmware releases on our website for those who want them -
https://support.novationmusic.com/hc...dows-computer-

I believe you're specifically requesting version 1.1 which doesn't appear to be provided here, likely due to Patch compatibility concerns but our Support Team might be able to provide that if you contact them -
https://support.novationmusic.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new

John // Novation UK ������������
Hi John,

thanks for your reply. Actually I already went through this process of asking specifically for the 1.1, opened a ticket, and was finally told that Novation doesn't provide or doesn't have it. It's a bit hard to believe that this version would disappear forever from the whole company, given modern source control software tools. This version would show up as 1.1 - 262.255. It's a pity I don't have it anymore on my disk or it was automatically deleted.

I really like the Peak so it would be great to have access to all older firmwares.

Last edited by Synthpark; 1 week ago at 09:21 AM..
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniDX ➡️
Looks like Novation delivered. It's time to buy.
This is it. I like Novations model of updating their equipment for years. It makes me want to spend my money on Novation gear. I had a Peak then upgraded to Summit and am tempted to buy another Peak for my live rig. If Novation keep updating their firmware and bringing our feature requests to life, more people will jump on board.

Last edited by jobinho; 1 week ago at 02:59 PM..
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobinho ➡️
This is it. I like Novations model of updating their equipment for years. It makes me want to spend my money on Novation gear. I had a Peak then upgraded to Summit and am tempted to buy another Peak for my live rig. If Novation keep updating their firmware and bringing our feature requests to life, more people will jump on board.
Agreed. There have been some pretty annoying bugs but Novation stepped up, and this even after Chris Huggett's passing. Needless to say I have no doubt if there's a remaining issue with voices they'll address it too, in time. Keeping my Peak.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

I hope Novation fixes all the bugs before they discontinue and move on to a new machine with years of new bugs.

I'm pretty sure Pioneer did this with the SP16.

A few companies that seem to back up their gear forever: API, RME, Speck and Elektron. DSI seems pretty good, too. Not sure if they would still take in an Evolver desktop for repair. If they would, they rank right up there.

You can do it Novation! Join the club that remains loyal to you because you remain loyal to your customers.

I love the Peak. It's a modern classic in my view. I might buy a few more!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashman ➡️
I hope Novation fixes all the bugs before they discontinue and move on to a new machine with years of new bugs.

I'm pretty sure Pioneer did this with the SP16.

A few companies that seem to back up their gear forever: API, RME, Speck and Elektron. DSI seems pretty good, too. Not sure if they would still take in an Evolver desktop for repair. If they would, they rank right up there.

You can do it Novation! Join the club that remains loyal to you because you remain loyal to your customers.

I love the Peak. It's a modern classic in my view. I might buy a few more!
Look at what Novation did with the Bass Station 2, they did firmware updates with added features about 8 years after initial release.

We can be fairly certain that Novation will support Peak and Summit for years to come as well
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
It’s so funny reading page one of this thread. No one had a clue how successful this synth would become… maybe a few
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Looking into this synth. Doesn’t seem to be an editor from novation?

Is there a recommended editor? Mainly I’m looking to deconstruct patches. Is that easy enough without an editor? For example turning a knob and seeing its original value?
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
The Novation Components has an editor for the Peak.
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertflyer ➡️

Is there a recommended editor? Mainly I’m looking to deconstruct patches. Is that easy enough without an editor? For example turning a knob and seeing its original value?
Unfortunately there is not a way to see a knob’s value without changing it. It does show the saved value though. Would be nice if they added a key-combo to be able to just lookup a value without actually changing it. You could set the knob mode to pickup though, so then the parameter will only change if you go through its current value.
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertflyer ➡️

sigabort MIDIsynth
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlakaton ➡️
sigabort MIDIsynth
I’ve recently purchased this and so far so good. It’s handy for patch tweaking as my room is small and the lpeak is behind me when I’m working a lot of the time.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlakaton ➡️
sigabort MIDIsynth
Yeah this one is great. Handy for automation and patch retrieval when moving to a DAW.

Haven’t had any issues with it personally.
I haven’t actually tried since moving to the Summit though.
📝 Reply