The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Waldorf Quantum
Old 23rd May 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_xyz ➡️
I see that Chicken Systems supposedly already added quantum support to translator v7.1 back in December 2021. that also does autosampling along with conversion. Anyone ever tried that? (I have chickensys constructor, but they've not added it to that yet).

https://www.chickensys.com/news/20211124/feature71.php
But did that version actually end up coming out on that date? I found someone somewhere saying back in March that a newsletter said it had unfortunately been delayed. And their website is quite the mess so I cannot seem to confirm or deny that for myself, nor are their social media channels much use for news of recent times. I suspect 7.0 might still be the latest release available, certainly of the demo version.
Old 23rd May 2022
Lives for gear
Thanks - sounds like it didn't make it. Other than that press release, I saw no other signs on their site, but as you say it's hard to have total faith in what the site contains.

I emailed them earlier asking if it was coming to constructor and I mentioned it supposedly being in translator so will see what they say.
Old 23rd May 2022
Lives for gear
Chicken Systems came back, and it sounds like you were right:

Quote:
All new formats are property of our Conversion Engine, which is used by Translator and Constructor as well as all our products. So yes, it will be in Constructor.
I've asked for an ETA.

added: this is the reply:

Quote:
It's always ASAP. We are nearing the end of the process to release Translator 7.1 and Constructor 2.1 among the other things.
Old 24th May 2022
Lives for gear
probably worth mentioning that if someone only wants to multi-sample a single velocity layer, then can already do this with the logic/mainstage and MPC (inc free beats version) autosamplers as they all save the samples with note data embedded that the iridium's built in "auto-map" tool can use to spread the samples.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24dB ➡️
I've got an active sample robot license is so I'll be checking back to see when they release it, looks ideal.

In the meantime I finally fixed the screen on my Quantum.

Unfortunately I couldn't find any useful bits of substrate to use like folks did in other examples, but came up with a different lo-fi idea which seems to work well so far.

Used some fine but strong insulated wire and just created a basic support web underneath the screen, using the existing bolts as anchors. So far, so good!

Great idea! I think being proactive on this issue is the smart way to go (as long as someone is confident opening their Quantum up). The last thing I want to do is pack this beast up and ship it because of something mechanical easily fixable rather than something electrical that I have no chance of diagnosing. My fix has been in place a few months now and no issues, hopefully yours will have the same result
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
HELLO

I can't find a way to use my Quantum only for fx section when i feed with external audio signal. The only solution is to sample...
To sum up, i want to plug my other gear in the audio IN to use the chorus and other fx in real time
The manual says that you can used it for audio processing only, but no more details afterwards...

Doe somebody knows?

thx guys (&girls of course)
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
To do that:
Layer > input routing to FX layer 1 (or layer 2)
turn up input volume
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear
I've made myself a bunch of new wavetables - sharing them here in case anyone else can get use from them:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x6sczli2w7...ables.zip?dl=0

cz 2048:
There are 42 wavetables with 2,048 samples per waveform made from sampling a casio CZ-230S (phase distortion synth like CZ-101). The samples were DCW sweeps from sine wave to the full waveform and two waveform combos, then resynthesizing that to a wavetable in the Icarus plugin. The sweep is different to just plain interpolation between sine and waveform, sounds more like filtering - especially the resonant ones.

pd sin sweeps 4096:
There are 73 wavetables that I made that sweep from sine to a random single-node PD waveform, made in some homebrew python code, by way of moving the node back to centre rather than just interpolating - so pretty much the same as the casio does. These are 4,096 samples per waveform and there are 200 waveforms in each wavetable for the sweep. Again, these sweeps give the effect of filtering.

pd wt rand 4096:
There are 8 sets of wavetables with 4,096 samples per waveform and 200 waveforms per wavetable where I again used some homebrew python code to take an increasing number of nodes with random positions to phase distort a sine wave for each waveform.

I've also included pd_rnd_100_err_wt4096.wav which is 100 waveforms of 4,096 samples each. This was a set made with errors in the calculations, but I like some of the waveforms it made so I kept this one.
Old 20 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_xyz ➡️
I've made myself a bunch of new wavetables - sharing them here in case anyone else can get use from them:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x6sczli2w7...ables.zip?dl=0

cz 2048:
There are 42 wavetables with 2,048 samples per waveform made from sampling a casio CZ-230S (phase distortion synth like CZ-101). The samples were DCW sweeps from sine wave to the full waveform and two waveform combos, then resynthesizing that to a wavetable in the Icarus plugin. The sweep is different to just plain interpolation between sine and waveform, sounds more like filtering - especially the resonant ones.

pd sin sweeps 4096:
There are 73 wavetables that I made that sweep from sine to a random single-node PD waveform, made in some homebrew python code, by way of moving the node back to centre rather than just interpolating - so pretty much the same as the casio does. These are 4,096 samples per waveform and there are 200 waveforms in each wavetable for the sweep. Again, these sweeps give the effect of filtering.

pd wt rand 4096:
There are 8 sets of wavetables with 4,096 samples per waveform and 200 waveforms per wavetable where I again used some homebrew python code to take an increasing number of nodes with random positions to phase distort a sine wave for each waveform.

I've also included pd_rnd_100_err_wt4096.wav which is 100 waveforms of 4,096 samples each. This was a set made with errors in the calculations, but I like some of the waveforms it made so I kept this one.
Thanks!
Old 19 hours ago
Lives for gear
Here's a link to 800 more wavetables - these are all 4,096 samples per waveform, 200 waveforms per wavetable sweeps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y9ubmfclp0...inode.zip?dl=0

There are 100 each where they go from sine to a phase distorted sine with a number of random nodes, or they sweep from one random PD waveform to another. The sweep is from the nodes moving from the start waveform to the final waveform rather than just standard interpolation.
📝 Reply