Quantcast
What synths should Behringer make next? POLL & Speculation Thread - Page 228 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What synths should Behringer make next? POLL & Speculation Thread
View Poll Results: Vote for the synths you want Behringer to make
SH 101
119 Votes - 8.63%
SH 202
26 Votes - 1.89%
TB 303
99 Votes - 7.18%
Jupiter 8
494 Votes - 35.82%
Jupiter 6
111 Votes - 8.05%
Jupiter 4
140 Votes - 10.15%
OB-X
184 Votes - 13.34%
OB-XA
271 Votes - 19.65%
VCS-3
196 Votes - 14.21%
Synthi A
160 Votes - 11.60%
Polykobol
105 Votes - 7.61%
Polivoks
78 Votes - 5.66%
Mini korg 700s
58 Votes - 4.21%
Oberheim 4 voice
99 Votes - 7.18%
CS-80
387 Votes - 28.06%
PPG wave
169 Votes - 12.26%
Memory Moog
178 Votes - 12.91%
Prophet 5
259 Votes - 18.78%
Buchla easel
156 Votes - 11.31%
Voyetra 8
80 Votes - 5.80%
VP-330
65 Votes - 4.71%
Arp Quadra
89 Votes - 6.45%
Arp Chroma
70 Votes - 5.08%
Arp 2600
321 Votes - 23.28%
Arp sequencer
53 Votes - 3.84%
Synclavier
84 Votes - 6.09%
Wasp
76 Votes - 5.51%
SH1
25 Votes - 1.81%
SH7
62 Votes - 4.50%
SH5
104 Votes - 7.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1379. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
sup @ pppch
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro ➡️
sup @ pppch
Woo yay! I heard 'em!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I don't think there's any doubt that they will make a Jupiter 8 clone.
It's the most iconic polysynth from the 80s, and tops most "what synth would you like us to make?" lists.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
sup @ pppch
Hope pppch gets re-instated into the GS universe soon!
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurzweil ➡️
I don't think there's any doubt that they will make a Jupiter 8 clone.
It's the most iconic polysynth from the 80s, and tops most "what synth would you like us to make?" lists.
Isn't this just because it was expensive, not so many were made and many people put a lot of expections in the Jupiter 8? Maybe more expections than the Jupiter 8 could fulfill?

I would prefer other synths over the Jupiter 8. For example something from the Korg PS series, maybe a PS 3100 with functions from the PS 3200 like the joystick.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by monolith2063 ➡️
Isn't this just because it was expensive, not so many were made and many people put a lot of expections in the Jupiter 8? Maybe more expections than the Jupiter 8 could fulfill?

I would prefer other synths over the Jupiter 8. For example something from the Korg PS series, maybe a PS 3100 with functions from the PS 3200 like the joystick.
Absolutely. I mentioned a few hundred posts back that a 3100 could work well in Monopoly/PolyD format. 3200 would be a bit more tricky, but also interesting!

But the Jupiter 8 is the Most Beautiful Synthesizer in the World.
It doesn't sound too bad either.
If Behr make a decent clone (and get past the Roland colour police), then it will sell in bucketloads to all the Duran Duran / Howard Jones / Roxy Music fans out there

Used JP-8s are now going for £50k and above.
Attached Thumbnails
What synths should Behringer make next? POLL & Speculation Thread-poly-3100.jpg  
DGL
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Absolutely. I mentioned a few hundred posts back that a 3100 could work well in Monopoly/PolyD format. 3200 would be a bit more tricky, but also interesting!

But the Jupiter 8 is the Most Beautiful Synthesizer in the World.
It doesn't sound too bad either.
If Behr make a decent clone (and get past the Roland colour police), then it will sell in bucketloads to all the Howard Jones fans out there .
Who find out that unfortunately without Howard Jones playing it, it won't sound anywhere near as good What a damn fine Synth/Piano player.

Some of his fans do own JP-8's, as he had to borrow one for the Humans Lib/Dream In To Action concert a few years ago when his went wrong.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGL ➡️
Who find out that unfortunately without Howard Jones playing it, it won't sound anywhere near as good What a damn fine Synth/Piano player.

Some of his fans do own JP-8's, as he had to borrow one for the Humans Lib/Dream In To Action concert a few years ago when his went wrong.
I loved that he tried to re-introduce the old equipment into a live set again. I wish Thomas Dolby would try it too. It may be imaginary, but somehow it doesn't sound as good when VSTs or VAs are used on stage to play the old songs. I was never a massive Jones fan, but he certainly got my attention in the 80s for his keyboard skills and amazing ability to control so many devices at once on stage.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
we all know the funny thing about keyboards is that a true musician makes them sound great, they don't need all singing all dancing monsters - give someone like jones anything and he will make you smile

i am an awful player, i know and accept it, i know i will never meet some of the pleasure others can provide me (sounds a bit tasty now i type it ) but i am ok with that, do i need arguably the most revered synth to be happy (keep that in context plz)? nope.

i have said it before, get ready to attack and laugh at me i don't think the market for the jupiter8 or cs80 is actually that massive, i wonder how much of the allure is born out of can't get it, rather than i want it and love it....i suppose one day we will know
Lives for gear

Quote:
sup @ pppch
Been missing him around these parts. We need him back

Oh, and what ever happened to the collector!
DGL
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I loved that he tried to re-introduce the old equipment into a live set again. I wish Thomas Dolby would try it too. It may be imaginary, but somehow it doesn't sound as good when VSTs or VAs are used on stage to play the old songs. I was never a massive Jones fan, but he certainly got my attention in the 80s for his keyboard skills and amazing ability to control so many devices at once on stage.
Yes, I believe the 1983 kit list was,
Jupiter-8
Juno-60
Pro-1 (sequences)
DX-7
Prodigy (could be used as a keytar)
CP-80 (or 70 not sure)
Drumulator
SDS-V
and I believe the Simmonds sequencer (which lost all of it's patterns shortly before a BBC TV performance!).

Drum sequence would be started and the Pro-1 sequence would be stopped, started and transposed as necessary during the song, with the sequence being reprogrammed between songs, quite a feat if you ask me.
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt pinchin ➡️
Been missing him around these parts. We need him back

Oh, and what ever happened to the collector!
Damn right we need him around, these long term bans on users who didn't do any real abuse are pathetic, especially when there are others who are downright vile in comparison and are safe in their place, then again if we look at the state of affairs, Gearslutz seems happy enough to fall into line and over police certain people like other parts of 'society' just because someone complains

Isn't the collector still around though?

Ajscent or something? If so its still about, albeit neutered I've likelY got the wrong name now
Lives for gear

Quote:
Damn right we need him around, these long term bans on users who didn't do any real abuse are pathetic, especially when there are others who are downright vile in comparison and are safe in their place, then again if we look at the state of affairs, Gearslutz seems happy enough to fall into line and over police certain people like other parts of 'society' just because someone complains

Isn't the collector still around though?

Ajscent or something? If so its still about, albeit neutered I've likelY got the wrong name now
Yes that's him. As soon as I'd wrote that I saw his name pop up in another thread. Those were fun times
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Yes that's him. As soon as I'd wrote that I saw his name pop up in another thread. Those were fun times
When is it shipping? I will buy 100 of everything! :0)
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

I had a 40 minute Skype call with Uli last year and asked for the ps3300 family to be added to his roadmap. He gave no indication that it was one of his favourites or was a priority. Shame. But it was over a year ago, so still hoping...
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWriter ➡️
When is it shipping? I will buy 100 of everything! :0)
Out collecting the collector
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Channelizer ➡️
I had a 40 minute Skype call with Uli last year and asked for the ps3300 family to be added to his roadmap. He gave no indication that it was one of his favourites or was a priority. Shame. But it was over a year ago, so still hoping...
I never met Uli or talked to him… only one time on Facebook somebody from the Behringer account said he is Uli and there was a discussion about string machines. But I have no idea if it was really him or somebody from the social media team.
Do you think or know if he would answer a question about a future product to somebody outside Music Tribe? I really have no idea, maybe the old experienced Gearslutz, sorry, Gearspace people can answer this question.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Out collecting the collector
I have collected the collector!
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

I need more

Quote:
Originally Posted by jags ➡️
Independent adjustment of Gated Reverb, Reverb, Delay, and FX for each instrument.
A send from the delay into the reverb.

Instead of the gated reverb an assignable FX (eg a phaser ... on the cymbals). Can be configured to be optionally pre-delay or pre-reverb (eg a distortion FX) or post-reverb (eg a modulation FX).

A stereo-input to run the output of another drum machine through the FX section.

I miss the goodies like "flam" the the RD-8 has (and it seems the RD-9).

The roller strip of Arturia's drum sequencers is fun. Won't say no to be a copy of that one.

Masi

PS: For hands-on programming I like to see the progress of the sequence. The 3x18 grid does not lend itself to 3 rows of 16 steps.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by masitito ➡️
I need more
Oh yes most definitely!

What is lacking on most drum machines now-a-days is independent outputs for each drum sound. If you had that, you could do the proper EQ, and effects that are needed. That's why I like the Cyclone TT-606 and TT-78 it does have individual outs for the individual drums.

The Drum Machine concept design I posted here would have a main stereo out, 3 aux stereo outs, and 8 individual outs. All of them instrument assignable.

Quote:

PS: For hands-on programming I like to see the progress of the sequence. The 3x18 grid does not lend itself to 3 rows of 16 steps.
That's for non-drummers! The 16 step grid Roland design feature is what makes all drum machines that use it sound so bad. Yes it makes it easy but it's also always quantized creating no human feel. It's the one design flaw that almost single handedly has destroyed all music!! IMHO
Gear Maniac

Quote:
The 16 step grid Roland design feature is what makes all drum machines that use it sound so bad. Yes it makes it easy but it's also always quantized creating no human feel. It's the one design flaw that almost single handedly has destroyed all music!! IMHO
Ah, you want to play triplets.

Reminds that I want a hardware sequencer that allows me to put hits nearly wherever I want. I played with the idea of to rows: top row tuple pulse, bottom row triple pulse. But the second row has a fixed ratio to the first. Not that great.

Other methods involve more expensive parts like touch screens.

Masi
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Ah, you want to play triplets.
Not just triplets. I want to record parts that sound like a real person played them!

Quote:
Other methods involve more expensive parts like touch screens.
Not really. Just make drum machines like they were made in the beginning. Or even like the Alesis SR16/18 are now. Simply press record, listen to the Metronome, and play in your parts. Then if you want some form of quantization to maybe "tighten up" your playing that should be able to be applied as a percentage afterwards.

You can't record a guitar part through some sort of grid sequencing. You need to be able to actually play a guitar to record a guitar part. The same should be required for drum parts!

Remove the technology and bring back musicianship!!
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Maybe the Solina Strings will come next
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Not just triplets. I want to record parts that sound like a real person played them!

[...]

You can't record a guitar part through some sort of grid sequencing. You need to be able to actually play a guitar to record a guitar part. The same should be required for drum parts!

Remove the technology and bring back musicianship!!
Sounds like a DAW in guise of a drum machine to me. Maybe the new NI Maschine that does not require a PC works for you.

Masi
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Sounds like a DAW in guise of a drum machine to me. Maybe the new NI Maschine that does not require a PC works for you.

Masi
What works for me is what I just got in the mail today. A simple $150 Alesis SR18. Spent 4 hours with it today and already have created a "Phil Collins" sounding kit across 24 pads and can easily play right into it live to sequence my parts. Super easy to program, sounds real, and does exactly what I needed it to do.

You may want to check out the thread I started here:
Alesis SR18 - Best Drum Machine for Drummers?

Thanks!
Old 5 days ago
vlz
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by monolith2063 ➡️
deffo not a synth

Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Since its called Brains, i´m guessing a DAW or MPC thingy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz ➡️
deffo not a synth

Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz ➡️
deffo not a synth
The "waves" (https://youtu.be/w24_pBvgwh4?t=3) hint to a wavetable synth?

Or a sequencer (see the different instrument icons)? (only speculating)
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
a reactable…
📝 Reply