SH7
62 Votes - 4.55%
SH5
102 Votes - 7.48%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1364. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I wonder if Behr will make the new polysynth firmware backwards-compatible with the DM6/12?

Will be interesting to see what they've come up with regarding voice drift/variance on these new synths in particular, and if it sounds more 'vintage' than what can already be done with the DM series.

Or maybe they will skip the DM series and release a dumbed-down DM6 released as a Juno clone with a funky paint job?
Attached Thumbnails
What synths should Behringer make next? POLL & Speculation Thread-behringer-bu-60.jpg  
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz ➡️
The appearance of the Poly8 seems to clarify B's strategy in terms of platforms

1) Small modules: Model D, Wasp, CAT, Solina
2) Medium modules:K2, Pro1, Pro800
3) 3 octave synths: DM6, VC340
3) 4 octave synths: DM12, BBG, Poly8
4) 5 octave synths: OBXa

Oddballs are the MS1, Odyssey and the 2600, and perhaps the DM module.
You forgot flip-top cost tier. :0)

I wouldn't group the DM's with vintage reissues. Different business strategy.

VC340 was a 'one-off'.

Last edited by SkyWriter; 3 weeks ago at 05:37 PM..
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurzweil ➡️
I wonder if Behr will make the new polysynth firmware backwards-compatible with the DM6/12?

Will be interesting to see what they've come up with regarding voice drift/variance on these new synths in particular, and if it sounds more 'vintage' than what can already be done with the DM series.

Or maybe they will skip the DM series and release a dumbed-down DM6 released as a Juno clone with a funky paint job?

I wouldn't mind if Behringer brought out a simple Juno 60 clone in addition to the DM.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

I wish something like the Binson Echorec B1s/Pre Mixer Echo system. Also the Mu-Tron Bi-Face.

Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todesmelodie ➡️
I wish something like the Binson Echorec B1s/Pre Mixer Echo system. Also the Mu-Tron Bi-Face.

These are making me want to get back into delay effects again.. sound great.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I don't think we've seen him for while. Happy Birthday to the Chief Disruptor.

"behringer

Today I turned 60. Please allow me to share a few words of gratitude."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNoL5ijh2t_/

What synths should Behringer make next? POLL & Speculation Thread-uli.png
Attached Thumbnails
What synths should Behringer make next? POLL & Speculation Thread-uli.png  
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanrock ➡️
I don't think we've seen him for while. Happy Birthday to the Chief Disruptor.

"behringer

Today I turned 60. Please allow me to share a few words of gratitude."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNoL5ijh2t_/

I really wish he's stop using the Facebook Empire to communicate. It's almost like he thinks we're on there.. There are plenty of music tech sites that would happily run exclusives scoops from him occasionally. And he's got his own web site.. and GearSpace too!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I really wish he's stop using the Facebook Empire to communicate. It's almost like he thinks we're on there.. There are plenty of music tech sites that would happily run exclusives scoops from him occasionally. And he's got his own web site.. and GearSpace too!
Facebook is free, and their audience will line up for marketing input. And they have no shortage of facebook tools they could use to extract useful information with.

Gearface is a noisy, belligerent, standalone platform you have to comb by hand.

Idk, which would you pick?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Behringer are in control on their own pages and can deal with any trouble. On here they they have to rely on the mods. 144k Instagram followers, 625k on Facebook. If they post anything newsworthy it soon spreads elsewhere.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Oh, happy bday Uli! Welcome to the 60's!

I saved you a spot!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWriter ➡️
Facebook is free, and their audience will line up for marketing input. And they have no shortage of facebook tools they could use to extract useful information with.

Gearface is a noisy, belligerent, standalone platform you have to comb by hand.

Idk, which would you pick?
Yes, but I like them just a little bit less with every post
Old 3 weeks ago
vlz
Lives for gear

Also, it did not make sense to keep coming here, engaging, and then being bashed all the time. You have to hand it to him, no owner of a megacorporation would be seen on a forum like this. Even if it was someone else posting under his account, which I don't believe it was the case, the fact that posts were signed under his name is significant.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Yes, but I like them just a little bit less with every post
Them? Behringer?
Post? Where? There?

Curious minds want to know!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz ➡️
Also, it did not make sense to keep coming here, engaging, and then being bashed all the time. You have to hand it to him, no owner of a megacorporation would be seen on a forum like this. Even if it was someone else posting under his account, which I don't believe it was the case, the fact that posts were signed under his name is significant.
I reckon they got some quite valuable feedback on new products for free, some of the time. Granted there was the liquid torrent of turd posts to deal with, but at least you get honest feedback on here rather than the usual obsequious platitudes. Not sure what they're getting on FB from what I saw of the "development group" posts that seemed to have no developers present and instead offered-up a dark swamp of mostly useless ideas from teenage would-be Akai customers who wanted a cheaper MPC clone. Or a new sound module with the exact same spec as an existing Elektron product. But then I'm biased
Old 3 weeks ago
DGL
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I will say with all his cash that digital piano he has in the photo must be relativlty old, it even has a FDD!
So not only is he in to vintage synths, but vintage DP's as well!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

I wish Uli had announced a clone of theee extraordinary Korg 800 DV at his 60th birthday at the end of his posting. As a special event on a special day.
But this time with a pitch wheel.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGL ➡️
I will say with all his cash that digital piano he has in the photo must be relativlty old, it even has a FDD!
So not only is he in to vintage synths, but vintage DP's as well!
I thought you said FDDI. Behringer should do networking gear!

Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Ill preface this by saying Im not saying Behringer doesnt deserve a bit of flak for some of their wrong headed PR decisons...However-

FFS!!!! Given the rabid negativity and s**storm any thread that mentions Behringer degenerates to on here including personal attacks ... why would they ever want to communcate on this or any other forum?

Its a shame we COULD have had a decent dialogue with company that, imperfect as it may be , DOES have a history of listening to its potential customers.
Im sure they'll happily & profitably churn out successful products - GS (deservedly ) just wont be part of the process.
Terminologist

My dream Behringer analog poly

Now, first off, I don’t think Behringer’s strength is digital synths. They could, if they went down that path, probably make a 16-voice FM or 80s style VA synth with a menu-dive interface for about $100, at most $200. But, let’s suppose Behringer stays analog, but with polyphony and patch memory. Here is what I would like to see Behringer make:
  • Fully analog
  • Digital polyphony and patch storage
  • One knob per function interface
  • 3 VCOs per voice
  • Each VCO would be a Micromoog oscillator: Saw to square continuous, then square to pulse continuous.
  • Option for VCOs to output sine or triangle waveforms.
  • Two LFOs per voice. Waveform can be triangle, sine, sawtooth up, sawtooth down, square, or sample/hold output.
  • Hardwired LFO destinations: Oscillator pitch, oscillator waveshape (PWM at certain settings), filter cutoff, VCA level
  • Other LFO destinations can be made with “mod matrix”
  • Noise: White or pink. Noise can either be router to VCF input or to the VCA 2 input.
  • S/H circuit can accept either noise or LFO as its input
  • Hard sync, frequency mod of oscillators, ring mod
  • Three ADSR envelopes per voice. An ADSR can be made looping, and destinations can be same as LFO (Waveshape, VCO frequency, VCF cutoff, VCA level)
  • Two VCAs per voice. This allows stuff like allowing a VCO to go directly to a VCA w/o being filtered (nice for having filter resonance on some VCOs while leaving a low bass sine wave unfiltered) or allowing the noise to hit a VCA unfiltered for snare drum or clap sounds.
  • 12db/octave LPF, 24db/octave LPF, band pass, high pass, peaking, and phasor options for filter
  • Deep rich analog sound suitable for pads, brass, bass, percussion, and other sounds

Having using a 2600 for a while, I’m starting to get familiar with all of the sounds an analog synth can make which are outside the scope of the fixed routing of a typical polyphonic synth.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I don't know that it's at the top of my list or anything, but as noted earlier, they probably could do a lot worse than to bring out a real, proper Juno 106 or 60 clone. The prices people are asking for them now are starting to verge on "Can I have some of what you're smoking?" territory. Roll out a Juno that really sounds like one should with a proper, full-sized interface for $1K or less and nobody who isn't a nostalgia-driven collector need ever bother looking at listings for original units again.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectorman ➡️
I don't know that it's at the top of my list or anything, but as noted earlier, they probably could do a lot worse than to bring out a real, proper Juno 106 or 60 clone. The prices people are asking for them now are starting to verge on "Can I have some of what you're smoking?" territory. Roll out a Juno that really sounds like one should with a proper, full-sized interface for $1K or less and nobody who isn't a nostalgia-driven collector need ever bother looking at listings for original units again.
I'm personally quite happy with the DM12 for doing Juno sounds, but there is something wonderful about the design and simplicity of the original JU-60 that would be hard to resist. So long as they give use the Env-PWM option of the 60 and nail the "vintage character" that is slightly lacking on the DM12.

They could even do a dirt-cheap module version of the Juno-6 along the lines of the P-800 and I would probably get that for the odd time when I want a quick blast of that '80s Roland sound; it's not like the presets take a long time to make..
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiam ➡️
Now, first off, I don’t think Behringer’s strength is digital synths. They could, if they went down that path, probably make a 16-voice FM or 80s style VA synth with a menu-dive interface for about $100, at most $200. But, let’s suppose Behringer stays analog, but with polyphony and patch memory. Here is what I would like to see Behringer make:
  • Fully analog
  • Digital polyphony and patch storage
  • One knob per function interface
  • 3 VCOs per voice
  • Each VCO would be a Micromoog oscillator: Saw to square continuous, then square to pulse continuous.
  • Option for VCOs to output sine or triangle waveforms.
  • Two LFOs per voice. Waveform can be triangle, sine, sawtooth up, sawtooth down, square, or sample/hold output.
  • Hardwired LFO destinations: Oscillator pitch, oscillator waveshape (PWM at certain settings), filter cutoff, VCA level
  • Other LFO destinations can be made with “mod matrix”
  • Noise: White or pink. Noise can either be router to VCF input or to the VCA 2 input.
  • S/H circuit can accept either noise or LFO as its input
  • Hard sync, frequency mod of oscillators, ring mod
  • Three ADSR envelopes per voice. An ADSR can be made looping, and destinations can be same as LFO (Waveshape, VCO frequency, VCF cutoff, VCA level)
  • Two VCAs per voice. This allows stuff like allowing a VCO to go directly to a VCA w/o being filtered (nice for having filter resonance on some VCOs while leaving a low bass sine wave unfiltered) or allowing the noise to hit a VCA unfiltered for snare drum or clap sounds.
  • 12db/octave LPF, 24db/octave LPF, band pass, high pass, peaking, and phasor options for filter
  • Deep rich analog sound suitable for pads, brass, bass, percussion, and other sounds

Having using a 2600 for a while, I’m starting to get familiar with all of the sounds an analog synth can make which are outside the scope of the fixed routing of a typical polyphonic synth.
That looks a bit like a Boog One.. but affordable. And with a Matrix-style filter?
Once the Attack of the Clones is over, I'd like Behr to start making more hybrid synths using the 'best' VCOs and VCFs in different combinations. They will have gathered lots of experience of what the different classic ICs and discrete circuits are capable of, so then it's time to experiment.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKrishna ➡️
Ill preface this by saying Im not saying Behringer doesnt deserve a bit of flak for some of their wrong headed PR decisons...However-

FFS!!!! Given the rabid negativity and s**storm any thread that mentions Behringer degenerates to on here including personal attacks ... why would they ever want to communcate on this or any other forum?

Its a shame we COULD have had a decent dialogue with company that, imperfect as it may be , DOES have a history of listening to its potential customers.
Im sure they'll happily & profitably churn out successful products - GS (deservedly ) just wont be part of the process.
I'm pretty sure they still monitor these forums, just do not participate. They still "hear" us.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years

I'd like to see this in the 3-oct flip-panel Monopoly format.. Or a fusion of this and SH-7.
MS-57 perhaps? The ultimate SH-series synth reborn.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

I'd like to see this in the 3-oct flip-panel Monopoly format.. Or a fusion of this and SH-7.
That would fit perfectly in the flip-top case.
Lives for gear

1. Wing xtramix?

2. A dual preamp box with 2 synth (into a reamp/DI circuit), 2 hi-z (into a DI), and 2 mic inputs (maybe combo inputs, with a switch or auto-detection for mic/line/hi-z), and with a dual send/return that's copacetic with guitar pedals and rack units (maybe a button or switch for different output level and impedance, pre or post preamp, or wtv).

There are plenty o' synths in the pipeline, and plenty of routing gear tailored to live band use. There's plenty of studio gear that's a rip-off for what you get in the box (from other brands), for various reasons, and then there's stuff that's so cheaply made that it's barely usable, and so on. Occasionally, someone will make useful gear that inhabits the vast flyover country between crap and way overpriced. But too often, it's one or the other. KT has already made a bunch of stuff in that middle ground, comp, EQ, Dimension, etc.

Just my opinions, not to be conflated with incontrovertible facts. I'm saying what I think would be useful, but I don't know whether it would be profitable and worthwhile to make, or not.
Gear Maniac
Quote:

I really want an sh5 and know Rob Keeble was work on his own and with B . But love your idea of the 5 and 7
combined
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Another possible candidate for releasing in Monopoly/PolyD flip-panel format?

.. with apologies to graphic artists everywhere..
Attached Thumbnails
What synths should Behringer make next? POLL & Speculation Thread-poly-3100.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

I would like if Behringer brought this extraordinary monster synth back to life in the flip-panel format. In my opinion no other synth is able to reach the terrific sound of the Maxi-Korg. Strangely enough, Behringer has so far neglected the grandiose first synth line from Korg. Again, this time give it a pitch wheel.

Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todesmelodie ➡️
I would like if Behringer brought this extraordinary monster synth back to life in the flip-panel format. In my opinion no other synth is able to reach the terrific sound of the Maxi-Korg. Strangely enough, Behringer has so far neglected the grandiose first synth line from Korg. Again, this time give it a pitch wheel.

It would be nice to see this with some enhancements, such as fully variable resonance and a proper keyboard split option.
📝 Reply