Nava MIDI Play? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Nava MIDI Play?
Old 3rd January 2017
Gear Addict

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Nava MIDI Play?

Just peeked at the user manual for the Nava, noticed that there's very little information about MIDI access, how to set up Rx and Tx channels, what velocity value counts as an accented or double accented note, and even more puzzling (to me, at least), is that it's using "general MIDI slots" instead of note values, i.e. to trigger the Rim Shot I have to send the Nava "General Midi value 34, 'Rim Shot'".

Seeing as I'd be using the Nava almost exclusively as a "sound module" and just bypassing its own sequencer to program it through my RS7000, I find this particularly irritating.

Does anyone have a Nava and can dig a little deeper on how to set up the MIDI and how to trigger voices?

Cheers

EDIT: Figured it out, General MIDI numbers are MIDI Note numbers, which sucks because they're pretty far up the keyboard and they're out of order. Still wondering about the velocity-to-accent though.

Last edited by Rayek; 3rd January 2017 at 04:26 PM..
📝 Reply