Quantcast
Roland Cloud - Page 152 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Roland Cloud
Old 7th May 2021 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneyBCN ➡️
I think everyone agrees that hiring (@BrianMcClelland) was definitely one thing Roland/VS got right.
Very much agreed. Seriously it’s one of the things that’s given me hope that RC will improve. Brian’s interaction here is both helpful and diplomatic. I know he’s routing feedback and ideas to Roland. Whether they act on it or not, at least I know there is something (and someone) working toward that goal of improvement.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishroom ➡️
Very much agreed. Seriously it’s one of the things that’s given me hope that RC will improve. Brian’s interaction here is both helpful and diplomatic. I know he’s routing feedback and ideas to Roland. Whether they act on it or not, at least I know there is something (and someone) working toward that goal of improvement.
Brian is great, he's got a tough job and is doing it well.

You have to pay attention to what the corporation actually does though. Standard practice to hire a friendly person to smooth things over while little actually improves.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy1 ➡️
Brian is great, he's got a tough job and is doing it well.

You have to pay attention to what the corporation actually does though. Standard practice to hire a friendly person to smooth things over while little actually improves.
Quite a lot HAS improved, though. Version, updating, login, console full of network garbage, overall presentation (FSVO) and of course the range of plugins has improved greatly over the past 18 months. My most recent gripe was a very specific thing that seemed to be introduced (the time checking all the plugin and sample data completely locking up the Mac), but that seemed to be related to the introduction of background updates.

We're definitely experiencing some beta/alpha behaviour in the software but it is evolving. Won't stop me, personally, having a toys out of the pram when my computer doesn't behave - but in balance I recognise that Cloud is getting better.

It's just got a very long way to go, and what's annoying is that almost everything that is annoying about it has nothing to do with the reason you buy it - the instruments and sounds.

If there's a DCB JD-800 on the way then I'm sorted, Zenology will be gone from my system as I'll have the D-50 and JD-800 that I miss from my hardware days, the virtual System-8, and something else I like.
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Been getting the message today "The Roland Cloud services aren't available at the moment. Please try later (E017)" when trying to update from Roland Cloud 2.5.11 to latest version 2.5.12 Had the same problem yesterday. Though similar messages have appeared in the past on Roland Cloud, after a couple of attempts (usually in under 5 minutes) , I have always managed an update. Used CCleaner to clear my cache and whatever stuff that may be bogging down my PC. No major issue at the moment (not missing anything) but would feel happier knowing that everyone else is having the same frustration as me and that it's not an issue my end.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesnotthemessiah ➡️
Been getting the message today "The Roland Cloud services aren't available at the moment. Please try later (E017)" when trying to update from Roland Cloud 2.5.11 to latest version 2.5.12 Had the same problem yesterday. Though similar messages have appeared in the past on Roland Cloud, after a couple of attempts (usually in under 5 minutes) , I have always managed an update. Used CCleaner to clear my cache and whatever stuff that may be bogging down my PC. No major issue at the moment (not missing anything) but would feel happier knowing that everyone else is having the same frustration as me and that it's not an issue my end.
My resolution to this was to uninstall 2.5.11 (no, fortunately it does NOT uninstall all the content) and then download and install 2.5.12. Been this way for awhile now.
Old 7th May 2021
Gear Maniac
FWIW my RCM updated automatically with no issues whatsoever. macOS Big Sur.
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Thanks for the info realtrance. You, and a couple of others here, have mentioned having the same problem. Plus this does seem to be a Roland Cloud issue rather than anything to do with my setup. So I will hold back on this update until Roland fix it. I am using a PC. Maybe a problem with Roland's PC download/install configuration at their end?
Old 8th May 2021 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesnotthemessiah ➡️
Thanks for the info realtrance. You, and a couple of others here, have mentioned having the same problem. Plus this does seem to be a Roland Cloud issue rather than anything to do with my setup. So I will hold back on this update until Roland fix it. I am using a PC. Maybe a problem with Roland's PC download/install configuration at their end?
Hi, hesnotthemessiah! This has been reported by some members of the community. We've been investigating this and we are working to smooth out the delivery of updated versions going forward. We're always happy to help through the Contact Support link in the lower left menu of Roland Cloud Manager if you ever need assistance. Thanks!

Quote:
Haha. Thanks for the kind words, y'all. I enjoy being able to learn from a very well versed community and help facilitate the things that you'd like to see as well. Sometimes there are bumps in the road, but our goal is to have fun helping people make music. I really do enjoy talking with everyone here, so please feel free to reach out any time.

Here's something fun for owners of our Rubix interfaces, by the way. We're rolling out a promo that gets Rubix owners six months of our Pro membership, whether you've purchased it previously, or just recently. Our Pro membership gets access to Zenology Pro, the TR-808, the Zenbeats Ultimate Unlock, and a pile of fresh sample packs that we've released. Check it out here!

https://lp.roland.com/rubix-and-rola...xlK-DODKAlYUbY
Old 9th May 2021 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMcClelland ➡️
Hi, hesnotthemessiah! This has been reported by some members of the community. We've been investigating this and we are working to smooth out the delivery of updated versions going forward. We're always happy to help through the Contact Support link in the lower left menu of Roland Cloud Manager if you ever need assistance. Thanks!

Haha. Thanks for the kind words, y'all. I enjoy being able to learn from a very well versed community and help facilitate the things that you'd like to see as well. Sometimes there are bumps in the road, but our goal is to have fun helping people make music. I really do enjoy talking with everyone here, so please feel free to reach out any time.

Here's something fun for owners of our Rubix interfaces, by the way. We're rolling out a promo that gets Rubix owners six months of our Pro membership, whether you've purchased it previously, or just recently. Our Pro membership gets access to Zenology Pro, the TR-808, the Zenbeats Ultimate Unlock, and a pile of fresh sample packs that we've released. Check it out here!

https://lp.roland.com/rubix-and-rola...xlK-DODKAlYUbY
Hi , any chance , Roland can add all the tones from the mc + mv that are missing in zenology pro ?
I know the mv has added some new extra banks , and occasionally I use a tone on the mc 101 , then go to zen pro , to add some custom system ctrl routings , but cannot find it .
It would be helpful if all the banks matched.
Old 10th May 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Hey Roland Cloud peeps,

In addition to the existing D50 Sysex <-> Roland Cloud D50 plugin conversion (which has had some recent improvements), I've now just added a new JV-1080 Sysex -> Roland Cloud JV-1080 plugin conversion tool.

That means you should be able to convert JV-1080 sysex patch banks and import them into the various JV/XV/SRX plugins.

Check it out here:
http://www.difficultaudio.com/roland

Initial beta release notes are also there.

Cheers!
Old 11th May 2021 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mu:zines ➡️
Hey Roland Cloud peeps,

In addition to the existing D50 Sysex <-> Roland Cloud D50 plugin conversion (which has had some recent improvements), I've now just added a new JV-1080 Sysex -> Roland Cloud JV-1080 plugin conversion tool.

That means you should be able to convert JV-1080 sysex patch banks and import them into the various JV/XV/SRX plugins.

Check it out here:
http://www.difficultaudio.com/roland

Initial beta release notes are also there.

Cheers!
Thank you so much for the conversion tool! It works...
FYI - perhaps a bug, not a complaint (very happy to have some sort of conversion!) but I notice that controllers in the Matrix settings (1080 and 5080) default to CC2 Breath instead of what should be CC1 Mod Wheel.

If that's not something easily addressed, or you don't have time...no problem. Just wanted to let you know.

Also - thanks for the mag archive...I do enjoy reading those old articles!
Old 11th May 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAdvisors ➡️
Thank you so much for the conversion tool! It works...

Quote:
FYI - perhaps a bug, not a complaint (very happy to have some sort of conversion!) but I notice that controllers in the Matrix settings (1080 and 5080) default to CC2 Breath instead of what should be CC1 Mod Wheel.

If that's not something easily addressed, or you don't have time...no problem. Just wanted to let you know.
Thanks for the feedback - like I say, this is in a beta, and there is a little work to do on the controller/modulation front, for a couple of reasons. The JV-1080 and XV-5080 actually have a different setup for modulators that while they overlap, they are not directly compatible in all cases.

I've handled a limited number of those cases - in effect, I'm basically doing what the XV-5080 does when you import JV-1080 sysex - only pull in the first controllers per tone.

The sys controllers are defined in the system common block, so I can't get at those to find out what they are set to in a given 1080, and the plugin doesn't support a concept of sys controllers anyway, so I'm doing a certain amount of mapping around some of those cases.

And lastly, the controllers for the EFX/MFX are not mapped yet but that's also coming.

So yes, I'm aware of some of the controller handling things that aren't 100% yet, but I will be going over these in detail to get things as good as is practically possible - thanks for checking! Will be improving these things over the next few days, I just wanted to get a working version out so people could start using it.

I'm pleased to get this kind of feedback, so as I say in the release notes, do please send in things you find that could be improved. I'm on it. Thanks!

Quote:
Also - thanks for the mag archive...I do enjoy reading those old articles!
You're welcome!
Old 12th May 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Could you contact me via the site with an example of what you are seeing?

I had another check of this. In a 1080 patch, there are four mod destinations per tone for each of three sources - Controller 1, 2 and 3 (2 and 3 are the system controllers.)

(The 5080/Plugin etc have four shared mod matrix slots, each of which you can enable/disable per tone, but unlike the 1080 there are not separate mod amounts per tone, so in some ways it's less flexible, and in some ways more flexible - in any case, it's a bit different between them.)

Controller 1 is defined by the system as Modulation, and so patches using mod destinations for Controller 1 when converted will have in the matrix a CC01 Modulation source created for that destination (just checked and verified this is what's happening here.)

As mentioned above, Controller 2 and Controller 3 (sys-control) mod sources are not imported (just like what happens when you import 1080 Sysex into the 5080) and it's not possible in a patch to know what those mod sources are set to in a given 1080 (without the system common block) to set up a sensible matrix entry for them, even if it was a configuration that could be replicated in the plugin.

So, matrix settings for controller 1 *should* come up as Modulation in the plugin, and do here. If they are not doing this for you, can you send me a report (email on the site) with example files, and your system/plugin versions etc, and I'll try to get to the bottom of it... thanks!
Old 13th May 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Question about D-50, Patch 1-3, "Jazz Guitar Duo."

Notice how most of the level is coming out of the right channel.

I checked the manual and walked through the whole synth, and I will be darned if I can see a way to control the panning of the partials or tones.

Am I missing something?

Is there a way to control the panning of the partials or tones?

If not, how is this patch shifting the stereo balance?
Old 13th May 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbone1313 ➡️
Notice how most of the level is coming out of the right channel.
It depends on where you play on the keyboard - low notes are panned left, high notes go to the right...

The upper tones in that output mode go to the right, the lower tones to the left. The lower tones are strong in the lower part of the keyboard and fade out as you go up, and the upper tones are the reverse - so low down, you're hearing more of the lower partials (to the left) and higher up, you're hearing more of the upper partials, to the right (see the Output mode 2 diagram in the Patch Edit screen...)
Old 14th May 2021 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Minor RCM issue/requests (login pw)

I’d like to submit a minor issue/request regarding RCM login on Mac OS. RCM usually stays logged in. I think when I did a recent OS security update (11.3.1), it logged me out, and that’s when I remembered this “issue”.

RCM login does *not* access the API for Password AutoFill.

Please, in a world of a thousand logins, it would be great not having to look another one up.

P.S. My password is hunter2 if that helps.
Gear Head

And again: Working in Ableton Live 11 since 3 hours and now i want to add my lifetime Roland Promars ... ... ... and Ableton CRASHED. Check the Roland Cloud Manager ... Please login ...

Start Ableton 11 again and insert the Promars again ... ... and CRASH.
End of the story, i have to switch off my Mac and the whole studio for incompetent Roland developers.

Sorry, but i want my money back for my lifetime products, that i bought years ago. Since Roland Cloud Manager they are unusable for me. The Roland Cloud Manger is BY FAR the worst software on my audio computer. I can work for weeks without any problems and as soon as I load an RCM instrument, I start praying and getting frustrated. Those lifetime licenses became worthless with the RCM. Over 500 € simply destroyed by incompetent programmers.

I'm so frustrated that I'm thinking of selling the Fantom 6, because it needs more and more RCM. Actually, I just want to uninstall this junk software forever and make some music.

Sorry, that needed to be said. And good luck to everyone who make music with the RCM without problems. And you will need a lot of luck, because with every update of the RCM it can be over ...

@ BrianMcClelland
You are giving us here really great support and my feedback has nothing to do with you. You don't have to worry about it. For me and the RCM, any help comes too late. I also no longer have the energy to take care of it. This has already cost me days of my life and with this post it is done for me.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I’d like to submit a minor issue/request regarding RCM login on Mac OS. RCM usually stays logged in. I think when I did a recent OS security update (11.3.1), it logged me out, and that’s when I remembered this “issue”.

RCM login does *not* access the API for Password AutoFill.

Please, in a world of a thousand logins, it would be great not having to look another one up.

P.S. My password is hunter2 if that helps.
I wrote about this ages ago and was told it was being implemented. [crickets]
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Remember RolandCloud isn't BigSur compatible (yet)

On my Catalina install I don't have to login anymore, even after a hard cold boot. My credentials are restored automatically.
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensoniq70 ➡️
And again: Working in Ableton Live 11 since 3 hours and now i want to add my lifetime Roland Promars ... ... ... and Ableton CRASHED. Check the Roland Cloud Manager ... Please login ...

Start Ableton 11 again and insert the Promars again ... ... and CRASH.
End of the story, i have to switch off my Mac and the whole studio for incompetent Roland developers.

Sorry, but i want my money back for my lifetime products, that i bought years ago. Since Roland Cloud Manager they are unusable for me. The Roland Cloud Manger is BY FAR the worst software on my audio computer. I can work for weeks without any problems and as soon as I load an RCM instrument, I start praying and getting frustrated. Those lifetime licenses became worthless with the RCM. Over 500 € simply destroyed by incompetent programmers.

I'm so frustrated that I'm thinking of selling the Fantom 6, because it needs more and more RCM. Actually, I just want to uninstall this junk software forever and make some music.

Sorry, that needed to be said. And good luck to everyone who make music with the RCM without problems. And you will need a lot of luck, because with every update of the RCM it can be over ...

@ BrianMcClelland
You are giving us here really great support and my feedback has nothing to do with you. You don't have to worry about it. For me and the RCM, any help comes too late. I also no longer have the energy to take care of it. This has already cost me days of my life and with this post it is done for me.
The AU version? I've had hit or miss with AUs working properly without a reboot after installing them. Sometimes Ableton sees em, sometimes not and thats not just a Roland Cloud thing.

That said Ableton 11 crashing could be a Roland Cloud issue, or an Ableton issue. I've been having odd issues here and there on 11 with plugins in general.
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezoneight ➡️
The AU version? I've had hit or miss with AUs working properly without a reboot after installing them. Sometimes Ableton sees em, sometimes not and thats not just a Roland Cloud thing.

That said Ableton 11 crashing could be a Roland Cloud issue, or an Ableton issue. I've been having odd issues here and there on 11 with plugins in general.
Thats not a Ableton problem. The same behavior in Logic and in Studio One. If you forget to check if you login to the Roland Cloud Manager, then you lost ...
I uninstalled RCM today. I don't want any more of that crap. I have a lot of great plug-ins from other manufacturers that do the job. 500 € for the trash can. But now I' m feeling better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septic ➡️
Remember RolandCloud isn't BigSur compatible (yet)
On my Catalina install I don't have to login anymore, even after a hard cold boot. My credentials are restored automatically.
I use Catalina. And is it true that 9 month after launch, RCM is not compatible with BigSur? Unbelievable
Old 15th May 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Thats not a Ableton problem. The same behavior in Logic and in Studio One. If you forget to check if you login to the Roland Cloud Manager, then you lost ...
I’m not sure what you’re talking about but what I was noting doesn’t happen in Logic. For Logic or MainStage on my system AUs are never available until I reboot. For Ableton most of the time the AUs do show up, sometimes not until I reboot. So that behavior is most certainly not the same.

That being said if you found it better to uninstall and forget it that works just as well. I have one lifetime key and no sub and so far I haven’t had any problems like anyone here is referring to. Always works. My machine is always on though and always on the network so maybe that has something to do with it.
Old 16th May 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I’m not sure what you’re talking about but what I was noting doesn’t happen in Logic. For Logic or MainStage on my system AUs are never available until I reboot. For Ableton most of the time the AUs do show up, sometimes not until I reboot. So that behavior is most certainly not the same.

That being said if you found it better to uninstall and forget it that works just as well. I have one lifetime key and no sub and so far I haven’t had any problems like anyone here is referring to. Always works. My machine is always on though and always on the network so maybe that has something to do with it.
I’m in Logic on a 2019 MacBook Pro Catalina. I used the SH2 in something new last week and I get a beach ball lasting between 10 seconds and a minute every time I click open the plugin to tweak something. It’s always an “uh oh” moment and I quickly committed to audio. I really like the SH2, it kills me that it’s like this.
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy1 ➡️
I’m in Logic on a 2019 MacBook Pro Catalina. I used the SH2 in something new last week and I get a beach ball lasting between 10 seconds and a minute every time I click open the plugin to tweak something. It’s always an “uh oh” moment and I quickly committed to audio. I really like the SH2, it kills me that it’s like this.
Thats actually the plugin I have I think Stormchild was having a very similar issue in the past. Might want to look back through this thread. I think he resolved it but not sure.
Gear Head

Quote:
What does this have to do with my problem? The Roland AUs have been installed for months.
And no, you do NOT have to reboot the system for new AUs to work with Logic. Just installed Fabfilter Timeless 3 yesterday and it ran immediately in Logic. But maybe that's how it is with Roland AUs. I would not be surprised.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I discovered something very interesting about Zenology today: The ram useage is much much bigger than you'd think for loading a single instance. 1.1 gb! I believe it's behaving in true rompler fashion and loading every single sample in Zenology on startup into ram and treating that like the rom on hardware romplers. This is probably to give a sample loading time of 0. Go ahead double click a sound, ever notice how quick that sound is there? I didn't. I guess cause it just worked.

I'm not saying I mind this really. It's probably the trade off for having a giant browser full of ready to audition sounds. When I first discovered this it really freaked me out to think that if I tried to use, let's say 10 zenology instances in a project thats 11 gigs of ram right there. I have 32gb but still, I'd have other things going on.

Then I tried loading a second Zenology and the ram hit was NOT there, and I tried a 3rd and a 4th and nothing. Well, not nothing, 30mb a piece. I think Zenology's first instance loads all the samples into ram, and other instances must be able to access them. Freaky!

I'm really surprised Zenology would need to work this way considering how small the individual samples must be. If they're anything like what's in the XV5080 and such they'd be less than a meg apiece. Wouldn't the sample loading time still be next to nothing?

Last edited by StarfishMusic; 16th May 2021 at 05:04 PM..
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfishMusic ➡️
... I'm really surprised Zenology would need to work this way considering how small the individual samples must be. If their anything like what's in XV5080 and such they'd be less than a meg apiece. Wouldn't the sample loading time still be next to nothing?
not to mention the fact that so many of the presets use the same samples. pretty much all of the acoustic pianos use the same base samples with different settings. same with a lot of other categories as well. “3000 presets” is basically 500 (??) presets with minor changes.
Gear Maniac
Quote:
What does this have to do with my problem? The Roland AUs have been installed for months.
And no, you do NOT have to reboot the system for new AUs to work with Logic. Just installed Fabfilter Timeless 3 yesterday and it ran immediately in Logic. But maybe that's how it is with Roland AUs. I would not be surprised.
OK dude. Sorry I bothered you. Sheesh. Not having to reboot works for YOU. It has never worked for me for Logic or MainStage no matter who makes the plugin (like I already said. Wasn’t making sh*t up for your benefit).
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
OK dude. Sorry I bothered you. Sheesh. Not having to reboot works for YOU. It has never worked for me for Logic or MainStage no matter who makes the plugin (like I already said. Wasn’t making sh*t up for your benefit).
Arturia and such works without booting etc. Depends on the kind of installer it comes with. Some need only a re-log, a reboot isnt needed BTW
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Septic ➡️
Arturia and such works without booting etc. Depends on the kind of installer it comes with. Some need only a re-log, a reboot isnt needed BTW
I’m finding it absolutely hilarious that now two people are telling me something isn’t true in my experience. Trust me, it hasn’t worked. Glad its worked for you. It’s one of the amazing things about computers is how they don’t work the same for everyone. Kinda like how Roland Cloud Manager works fine for some and not for others.

Arturia Software Center has as many issues on my system as people talk about here for RCM. I generally have to use the stand-alone installers.
📝 Reply