The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Does anyone else feel that Geist 2 sucks?
Old 20th January 2021
Gear Nut

Geist is e worst - why does it get recommended on here? I was interested in v1 18 years ago... not anymore.
Old 21st January 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBlaze ➡️
Geist is e worst - why does it get recommended on here? I was interested in v1 18 years ago... not anymore.
what do you prefer and why?
Old 21st January 2021 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Anything! Default drum sampler in Ableton-Studio One-Fl studio-GarageBand-Logic-Bitwig...On iOS Garagebandios, koala sampler, Korg Gadget— real hardware drum machines. At the time period where Geist was an option any of native instruments battery drum samplers would work. Just making the point that default samplers in all DAWs are better options.
Old 22nd January 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Anything! Default drum sampler in Ableton-Studio One-Fl studio-GarageBand-Logic-Bitwig...On iOS Garagebandios, koala sampler, Korg Gadget— real hardware drum machines. At the time period where Geist was an option any of native instruments battery drum samplers would work. Just making the point that default samplers in all DAWs are better options.
do you know anything else in software or hardware that has the intelligent slicing feature of guru, I'm looking for something that can do that?
Gear Nut

Maybe serato sampler
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Geist has a few features, such as randomization and pitch shift with fixed length
Only use it for that, not very convenient and a bit buggy.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Weirdest thing:

I downloaded an old version of the licence manager (attached), turned off my internet and ran it in offline mode, so it didn't ask to update itself. It read my existing license fine and (touch wood!) Geist is working again in Catalina!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip FX License Manager.zip (3.48 MB, 23 views)
📝 Reply