The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mutable Instruments Elements...
Old 18th March 2016
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Mutable Instruments Elements...

Had this module a few days now and even though my work schedule is seriously full on and hectic, ( working nights 7pm till 5am 6 days a week ) I have missed sleep all today and forced myself to put some time into playing this wonderful module from Mutable instruments...I really wanted a module that was different, organic something that sounded nothing like an analog synth, getting a little weary of the whole 'analog synth' thing lately and wanted something more organic, weird and different, well this module delivers all the above in spades..

This entire track/drone was done in 3 passes/takes using nothing but the Elements module triggered via CV/gate via my Elektron keys, recorded into Reason with a tiny touch of reverb on the way in from the Eventide Space pedal...there was no edits, 3 tracks, 3 passes...bounced down to one 2 track file.

enjoy..

now for a couple hrs kip before work again....zzzz

Old 23rd March 2016
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
part two of the trilogy..

Old 23rd March 2016
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Really nice comp ! Element is a must have !

Olivier should release a standalosne synth with this kind of engine in it !
Old 24th March 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Really great tracks Fiddle!

I would love to get an Elements but my little 6U case is full.

I know what the answer is...
Old 24th March 2016
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Trilogy complete..

Old 25th March 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'll check out your work tomorrow Fiddle
Old 25th March 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
@ fiddlestickz : Sounds *very* nice! I've been drooling over the Mutable Instruments "Rings" (and Elements) modules.. ..must..refrain myself..from..going..modular..!
Old 27th March 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
@ fiddlestickz I really like your work
Old 27th March 2016
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Thanks guys, the 3 temple tracks will go up on Soundcloud soon and will be available as free downloads, will post back here when they are up..

cheers
Old 27th March 2016
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
That sounds great !
Old 27th March 2016
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
all 3 Temple tracks are available as free downloads on my Soundcloud page as of now...

https://soundcloud.com/fiddlestickzmusik

enjoy and feel free to share with friends..
Old 27th March 2016
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Dude I hate you - hahahah, I mean that in the nicest way:
1. I am really trying to resist any modular purchases and the ensuing slippery slope, and had never heard of the Mutable Elements but looked into it after hearing your wonderful sounds. Physical modeling module? Uh oh - need...
2. I get a great deal of joy from visiting this place and pointing out what is amiss yet with your tracks I am unable to do so but must rather look in the mirror and confront the necessity of saying something nice.
Great timbres and instinctive sense of form yet un-composed. Nice one(s) mate!

I did something with a similar vibe and process when I was fist putting the Blofeld through its paces:
Old 5th April 2016
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Just ordered one !
Old 6th April 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Real nice stuff Sticks!!!

I have an Elements and it has been neglected for too long now. Need to revisit her.
Old 6th April 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Great stuff! Really inspiring. I've just got one in a skiff ready to roll....
Old 6th April 2016
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Thanks guys, much appreciate the comments...makes me think I should do more stuff like that...it's a very inspiring module for sure..
Old 16th April 2016
Gear Head

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
i hope you guys got the easter egg, because i was really late, bought the module a few days ago, easter egg mode FTW!!!
Old 16th April 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
How much different is rings from elements they sound very similar.
Old 16th April 2016 | Show parent
Gear Head

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsantana ➑️
How much different is rings from elements they sound very similar.
As far as i know it is pretty much elements without the exciter section. if you have ADSR and lfos going or have your own exciter/pulse section already built in your rack, then rings is probably the better choice. I consider elements as a good starting point to build a rig since it is pretty much usable on its own as Modal/FM-synth or modal percussion synth...
Old 16th April 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
There are two alternative modes on elements. For free!

Ominous voice and Ringified. Both from Mutables.
Old 19th April 2016
Gear Head

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
i seem to be having issues with updating the unit. The gain level does not ever seem to match what the input needs, i have tried many different connections, balanced, unbalanced both in all: low gain, high gain, medium gain settings on my usb mixer. if i listen to the mixer channel i can clearly hear the update bleeping and churning but the unit does not seem to get correct level readings ever. it starts blinking althouth it is hard to judge at the speed if the lights are synchronous, The update song plays till end but the unit does not reset. swapping between ominous and elements mode is no issue, ringified can not be accessed for now. Can anybody enlighten me?
Old 26th April 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepandrare ➑️
As far as i know it is pretty much elements without the exciter section. if you have ADSR and lfos going or have your own exciter/pulse section already built in your rack, then rings is probably the better choice. I consider elements as a good starting point to build a rig since it is pretty much usable on its own as Modal/FM-synth or modal percussion synth...
Thanks
πŸ“ Reply