The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Waldorf Pulse 2/Arturia Beatstep Pro
Old 13th January 2016
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Waldorf Pulse 2/Arturia Beatstep Pro

I'm not sure whether the problem is with the beatstep or the pulse, but I've been racking my brain over this problem...
When I activate the record button on my beatstep pro sequencer, it triggers the vcf cutoff on my waldorf pulse 2, putting the cutoff level to max (and to zero when the button is deactivated). I'm hoping there's a solution to this, being the record button is not supposed to alter any parameters within the synth. I am running MIDI directly to the pulse 2 from the beatstep pro. No other equipment or audio interface is involved. I have updated all firmware on my devices.
Someone in the waldorf forums said they are using this setup and do not have this problem. I've tried older all firmwares for the beatstep, and I'm trying to obtain older firmwares for the pulse 2. I just don't know what else to do at this point. I've tried messing with the software editors for both devices as well. I'm stumped...
Old 13th January 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I think this has to do with the CC value that is stock for the BSP. I think normally the CC value for Record is CC 50, which the Pulse 2 might have assigned to one of it's parameters. If you try setting the CC value in the BSP to something that the Pulse 2 won't use, then you should be good to go.
📝 Reply