The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Gear thread - Pics of your setups
Old 29th June 2022 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boombapdame ➡️
@ ac_music you should've told your friend to get a room e.g. take their doing the deed back to the hotel, motel, Holiday Inn/if they both start acting up, dismiss them as friends. SMDH @ relations in the studio.
They said they were just napping. I took it as a message from the lord and went analog.
Old 29th June 2022
Gear Guru

"napping"
Old 29th June 2022
Gear Addict

Mighta been a hard nap you know
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Digital Man ➡️
Here is mine - a continuous work on progress
whoa momma, that's a whole lotta moog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_music ➡️

pro-1 and a pro-2, nice
when pro-3?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I had a friend have sexual relations with a female in my studio back in the day and a beer was spilled on my Fantom X7 and the whole lower octave stopped working...
Back in the good old days you could rely on big-ass studio console for these situations.
Old 30th June 2022 | Show parent
ozu
Gear Nut

Quote:

Nice! Love how wide open and well laid out this is. Great natural light too. Looks like a fun room to jam in with a couple of people.

Got a make/model on that desk? Looks exactly like what I need in my room.
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treble T ➡️
Hello Peeps.
Here's My little production studio built in My loft.
This is version one, and you guessed it version 2 is already on the way so I thought I'd better post it before it get's taken apart.

I'm quite happy with it but after looking in this thread........
Please, opinions and feedback are welcome.
Bro it's like a 90's gear time capsule..
Dat gold MPC Live looks classy! 👍
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozu ➡️
Nice! Love how wide open and well laid out this is. Great natural light too. Looks like a fun room to jam in with a couple of people.

Got a make/model on that desk? Looks exactly like what I need in my room.
I put an emphasis on ergonomics and a clean look. All the cables are (mostly) hidden under the keyboards and the desk. Cables drive me nuts. Also no power chords/wall warts hanging anywhere. The second and equally important emphasis for me was usability. Every piece of equipment pictured is connected and immediately usable and MIDI-d to my computer/DAW. The patchbay is the hub for the keyboards and external FX. I can bring FX pedals in and out as I need them as well. Running the MPC Live and Rytm via USB, so no TRS needed for those. There is a 3 way speaker switch so that I can listen from the desk position and/or the synth positions (great when programming synths). I can also control Ableton from an app on my phone and record from anywhere.

I got a bunch more equipment off on the other wall which I am setting up as a secondary station. I'd have just one, but my iMac is a 2011 and cannot run the latest software, including some synth editors and my new Fantom 06 which can send 16 audio tracks via USB and can control Ableton. Have a Macbook pro for that setup. I find it nice to have a secondary setup to switch things up a bit.

The desk I custom designed and ordered from https://azstudioworkstations.com/
It was about $1800 in all. I had them extend the length and depth of desk, lower it's height a bit, and add the 2 4-unit racks angled at 20 degrees. I also had them add a very wide keyboard tray which I no longer use because it was too bouncy. I have since made a custom keyboard tray that is more sturdy and extends just enough for my midi controller and the Live, and is just wide enough as well. The cup is a nice addition I found on Amazon.

This is my 3rd redo over the last two years. I had the setup in one of the bedrooms upstairs, but I live on the end unit in a townhouse, so my neighbors could hear the bass and I had to move everything to the adjacent room. Now, my girlfriend moved in with me temporarily and so I decided to move the whole thing downstairs in the basement room. Used to be a laser spa before the pandemic, hence the extra crap I need to move.

I've done this more than 15x, and the setup improves a bit each time. This is my best one yet.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannykorrson ➡️
whoa momma, that's a whole lotta moog

pro-1 and a pro-2, nice
when pro-3?

No Pro 3 - Pro 1 would get jealous.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz ➡️
Bro it's like a 90's gear time capsule..
Seriously. That was the 1st thought I had as well.
Old 1st July 2022 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozu ➡️
Looks like a fun room to jam in with a couple of people.
That's what the napping couple says
Old 2nd July 2022 | Show parent
Deleted 97dbc1c
Recently finished my latest organization.

In the modular I have Moon, Dortcom, Corsynth, FSFX, Bridechamber, Doepfer and Foote.

Under the modular tables, I have main studio power, some FX, Vermona spring, SDE330, PCM80.

I also store my combo amps under ther tables and also have the pedal power supply there along with my Leslie Studio 12 (Which needs repair)

#5 is my keyboard stand with a Moog Voyager performer/Lunar Impact white, Behringer VC340 and Nord Electro 4D.

#6 is the keyboard mixer, a Poly D, Hammond XK-5, Midas DM16 mixer, Strymon Big Sky (Want to replace that with PCM81), Moogerfooger 12 stage phaser, Behringer Bi-Phase, SD Polaron phaser,2X Obrerheim Matrix 1000 with Stereoping editor hardware, a few processors patch bays for the processors, and keyboard rig power.

#7 is my beloved Hammond XK-5 organ.

#8 is my Midas U24 mixer, D5000, SPX990, PCM 91 and PCM 81 and a massive XLR patchbay under the mixer.

#9 is a close up of my Doepfer Eurorack stuff.
Attached Thumbnails
Gear thread - Pics of your setups-rogers_setup_01_sm.jpg   Gear thread - Pics of your setups-rogers_setup_02_sm.jpg   Gear thread - Pics of your setups-rogers_setup_03_sm.jpg   Gear thread - Pics of your setups-rogers_setup_04_sm.jpg   Gear thread - Pics of your setups-rogers_setup_05_sm.jpg  

Gear thread - Pics of your setups-rogers_setup_06_sm.jpg   Gear thread - Pics of your setups-rogers_setup_07_sm.jpg   Gear thread - Pics of your setups-rogers_setup_08_sm.jpg   Gear thread - Pics of your setups-rogers_setup_09_sm.jpg  
Old 2nd July 2022 | Show parent
vlz
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerFoote ➡️
Recently finished my latest organization.

In the modular I have Moon, Dortcom, Corsynth, FSFX, Bridechamber, Doepfer and Foote.

Under the modular tables, I have main studio power, some FX, Vermona spring, SDE330, PCM80.

I also store my combo amps under ther tables and also have the pedal power supply there along with my Leslie Studio 12 (Which needs repair)

#5 is my keyboard stand with a Moog Voyager performer/Lunar Impact white, Behringer VC340 and Nord Electro 4D.

#6 is the keyboard mixer, a Poly D, Hammond XK-5, Midas DM16 mixer, Strymon Big Sky (Want to replace that with PCM81), Moogerfooger 12 stage phaser, Behringer Bi-Phase, SD Polaron phaser,2X Obrerheim Matrix 1000 with Stereoping editor hardware, a few processors patch bays for the processors, and keyboard rig power.

#7 is my beloved Hammond XK-5 organ.

#8 is my Midas U24 mixer, D5000, SPX990, PCM 91 and PCM 81 and a massive XLR patchbay under the mixer.

#9 is a close up of my Doepfer Eurorack stuff.
This is a great studio. Fantastic organ and big modular, really wonderful stuff.
Old 2nd July 2022
Gear Guru

Walls of 5U are the hotness.
Old 3rd July 2022 | Show parent
Deleted 97dbc1c
Hey before I am outa here, I forgot to mention that I will be adding 4X 12U cases to the top of the modular. That will add 40u of 5u space for future expansion (if that ever happens)

It is a good usable system now, but....

Oh yeah, I haven't dusted and vacuumed after getting it set up, so it's pretty dusty in the pics.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 97dbc1c ➡️
Hey before I am outa here.
How about you stay and just stick to this thread for a while? It is but gearlust, joy and appreciation. You will heal and learn to pick your fights more wisely, or even better; to stick to friendly and meaningful conversations.
Deleted 97dbc1c
Hey Gothi,

Sounds good! But I tried and tried.
No matter how much I try I keep tangling with some people.
It is killing me. It took years of LSD to ditch the anger and all that.

Now I feel like I am back to where I was. Devolved again...
I want better for myself. But I will miss you and my other friends who have tolerated my emotional instability.
If I can get stronger, maybe I will come back. I'm kind of in pieces right now, so I need to re-assemble myself and try one more time to heal.

I already initiated the delete function, says it can take 72 hours, so I am posting on borrowed time, but I want to be able to say goodbye to you all.

Cheers,
r
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerFoote ➡️
but I want to be able to say goodbye to you all.
In that case I prefer “på gensyn” , which is the Danish phrase for the german “auf wiedersehen”, somewhat like “Till we meet again”. Good travels wherever you go. May Freya’s peace be with you.
Deleted 97dbc1c
Thanks Gothi! So nice!

Hey I made an error in the processor list...
Under the modular we have PCM80, SDD2000, D1500 and Vermona mono spring reverb.

Not the SDE330, that is in the keyboard rig...

Cheers,
r
Old 5th July 2022 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Well that sucks. I liked Roger. He was a pretty cool old dude going through hell at home, and I liked bonding with him. :-(
vlz
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp ➡️
Well that sucks. I liked Roger. He was a pretty cool old dude going through hell at home, and I liked bonding with him. :-(
yep, same here. I liked to listen to his stories of carrying up a Hammond organ up the stairs to rehearse.

Awesome studio too. He had great taste in gear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp ➡️
Indeed, his custom built sequencers were interesting. Sadly many more members are departing GS by the looks of it.
Old 6th July 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Not as much a gear pic as much as a mascots pic. My wife brought home a stray kitten the other day. He seems to get along with Lady Gaga (our poodle) - so he has a new home with us. We've named him Vangelis. Van and Lady are home studio buds.. Do you know how you wake up Lady Gaga in the morning? .... Poker Face...

On the gear front. I've got a pack of 'split cable sleeves' which is dying to be put to use.. but a studio rebuild being planned.. so.. cable clutter lives on. .
Attached Thumbnails
Gear thread - Pics of your setups-img_0502.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear
Can you share some more detailed picture of that euro setup? Might be with cables connected - that would give some glimpse, how you use it.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by normanion ➡️
Can you share some more detailed picture of that euro setup? Might be with cables connected - that would give some glimpse, how you use it.
There’s an image I made for Amiga Addict magazine that shows all the in’s and outs and how the Amiga links into it?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpanderbeanz ➡️
Some gear pics from the time I was away!
Welcome back dude! Where have you been all this time?
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraku ➡️
Welcome back dude! Where have you been all this time?
Making a docu called “Arcade Dreams”
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpanderbeanz ➡️
Making a docu called “Arcade Dreams”
Looking good! When is it out?
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraku ➡️
Looking good! When is it out?