That’s a Mos-Lab model 15.
Sweet! 5U is fun!
Old 12th April 2021 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted e199339 ➡️
Sweet! 5U is fun!
Sure is! I have just a taste of various modular gear with the 15, Buchla Easel and KARP 2600 but I’m done now. Knowing me I don’t want it to take over my life or space!
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtycho ➡️
Sure is! I have just a taste of various modular gear with the 15, Buchla Easel and KARP 2600 but I’m done now. Knowing me I don’t want it to take over my life or space!
I'm impressed not just at your restraint, but in your choice of modular systems. That's a pretty classy setup you've got.
Deleted e199339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp ➡️
I'm impressed not just at your restraint, but in your choice of modular systems. That's a pretty classy setup you've got.
knowing when to stop is a virtue now? :0)
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp ➡️
Haha thanks but don’t be impressed, it was a crooked road to get here. If I had more space and more money (and or fewer kids!) restraint would probably be hurled out the window.
Old 12th April 2021
Here for the gear
Hello everyone,

Here's my modest "studio" on wheels. I was out of the music world for a few years and with 2020 i felt like diving in again. I got the inspiration seeing something similar online (but not mobile) and because had no space for a desk or spot to place a desk i decided to build a mini studio on wheels.
It's an Ikea cupboard, with 4 heavy duty spinning wheels + full extension sliders for the platters. Inside the box i have a power extension and USB hub so that i only have to plug one thing and be rollin'

I bought the base Ikea with the constraints of availble space then looked for hardware that would fit it to have fun, i was aiming for 1 synth + 1 drum machine or sampler and then add from there.
The Minilogue XD had the perfect size for my project, and is convenient for both ITB and OTB. I researched hardware samplers/drum machines/sequencers and felt that the Digitakt would fill that role perfectly (and it does). Then i added the Pro1 because i was attracted to the sound and i fit both my budget and space.

I'm aiming to add a Behringer K2 with the Pro1 and have a nice looking stand for both, i'm also eyeing an MPC or Maschine+ but that's for later.

I usually connect to either an iPad with Aum doing mixer/host and sequencing from the Digitakt. The Beatstep pro is on bass duty with the Pro1 and also to have pads available for Koala or when using Ableton if i connect to my Mac.

I don't post much because I'm still learning, but i want to thank the whole community for sharing their knowledge and passion!
Attached Thumbnails
Gear thread - Pics of your setups-mobile-studio-1.jpg   Gear thread - Pics of your setups-mobile-studio-2.jpg   Gear thread - Pics of your setups-mobile-studio-3.jpg   Gear thread - Pics of your setups-mobile-studio-4.jpg  
vlz
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatMat ➡️
Hello everyone,

Here's my modest "studio" on wheels. I was out of the music world for a few years and with 2020 i felt like diving in again. I got the inspiration seeing something similar online (but not mobile) and because had no space for a desk or spot to place a desk i decided to build a mini studio on wheels.
It's an Ikea cupboard, with 4 heavy duty spinning wheels + full extension sliders for the platters. Inside the box i have a power extension and USB hub so that i only have to plug one thing and be rollin'

I bought the base Ikea with the constraints of availble space then looked for hardware that would fit it to have fun, i was aiming for 1 synth + 1 drum machine or sampler and then add from there.
The Minilogue XD had the perfect size for my project, and is convenient for both ITB and OTB. I researched hardware samplers/drum machines/sequencers and felt that the Digitakt would fill that role perfectly (and it does). Then i added the Pro1 because i was attracted to the sound and i fit both my budget and space.

I'm aiming to add a Behringer K2 with the Pro1 and have a nice looking stand for both, i'm also eyeing an MPC or Maschine+ but that's for later.

I usually connect to either an iPad with Aum doing mixer/host and sequencing from the Digitakt. The Beatstep pro is on bass duty with the Pro1 and also to have pads available for Koala or when using Ableton if i connect to my Mac.

I don't post much because I'm still learning, but i want to thank the whole community for sharing their knowledge and passion!
It's great, very nice setup the way you did it.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Here's my modest "studio" on wheels.
Very cool!
Deleted e199339
Quote:
Here's my modest "studio" on wheels.
Sweet ride :0)

Reminds me of the day all my stuff fit in one 7 foot tall relay rack.

Those were the days.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Not a photo but a video...

Old 12th April 2021
Deleted e199339
Noddy, you're a maniac :0)

More desiccant!
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius ➡️
Cool rocket.
Lego Saturn-5
Old 13th April 2021 | Show parent
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantinaPatron ➡️
Lego Saturn-5
No need to rub it in.

(ha)
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddyspuncture ➡️

Need more wires.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by noddyspuncture ➡️
Excellent!

And the end of that video... I fear it's revealed that you may be engaging in some kind of illegal activity! There's only supposed to be 0.000023 CS-80s per synthesist

P.S. You might like this.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Kids are taking over the house so I had to move my little attic studio into my basement listening room. Still haven’t wired everything up, work in progress.
Nice
Old 15th April 2021
vlz
Lives for gear

Up a notch on the effects and monitors. It's getting better all the time as someone else has said.

Gear thread - Pics of your setups-66721523-7991-4392-bc94-ff5345f842fd.jpg

Gear thread - Pics of your setups-e595dd26-4368-4e91-8adb-89ef78f7f336.jpg

Gear thread - Pics of your setups-bb3cbd9a-dead-4430-94a4-8fc099a00c74.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Gear thread - Pics of your setups-66721523-7991-4392-bc94-ff5345f842fd.jpg   Gear thread - Pics of your setups-e595dd26-4368-4e91-8adb-89ef78f7f336.jpg   Gear thread - Pics of your setups-bb3cbd9a-dead-4430-94a4-8fc099a00c74.jpg  
Old 15th April 2021 | Show parent
Deleted 60622ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz ➡️
Up a notch on the effects and monitors. It's getting better all the time as someone else has said.

Looking good!
Old 15th April 2021
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Guttersnipe Studio

Welcome to my pixel in the music gear cosmos. Not too long ago I was forced to move my studio from a spacious basement to a small room upstairs. It was a laborious and daunting task, but after having completed my audio hookups, I’m grateful for a challenge which put in motion an evolved, accessible setup for this guitar/synth semi-modular midi rig. Next? Midi cabling for a new sequencing attack with help from my pandemic acquisitions: Squarp Pyramid, 1010Music Blue/Black boxes, Arturia Keystep 37, Microfreak, Elektron Modal Cycles. I’m aiming to gain proficiency and efficiency with a new workflow, because in 3-4 months my wife and I are moving the clan out to Canada’s east coast to be with family, and where I plan on putting this studio to good use!
Attached Thumbnails
Gear thread - Pics of your setups-c73d68e9-8644-4ee1-852b-0c6142477e05.jpg   Gear thread - Pics of your setups-9c22cde6-6665-4cb9-a497-1ef969029824.jpg   Gear thread - Pics of your setups-3d1cd668-b703-44f1-b59b-c693d91704b2.jpg   Gear thread - Pics of your setups-b75bafdf-99f1-4e3a-8963-02154019dade.jpg   Gear thread - Pics of your setups-fb0f526f-a61c-4dbf-9e7d-9cdee5fb5cbd.jpg  

Gear thread - Pics of your setups-74955284-11e0-467a-b4db-ffe1ff0c3867.jpg   Gear thread - Pics of your setups-aa1de562-a5e3-4a5d-8d10-3ffafa7a4a1b.jpg   Gear thread - Pics of your setups-07497f48-5d53-4285-9e29-138835b47188.jpg  

Last edited by andysocial; 15th April 2021 at 10:47 PM..
Lives for gear

Quote:
Kids are taking over the house so I had to move my little attic studio into my basement listening room. Still haven’t wired everything up, work in progress.
I vote your studio as the cosiest one on Gearspace.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraku ➡️
I vote your studio as the cosiest one on Gearspace.
Thanks! I do enjoy my time here. I was home from work for three months at the beginning of all this, and loss of income aside I couldn’t have been happier holed up with my family and music. Can’t wait to retire, just twenty more years haha.
Old 16th April 2021 | Show parent
Deleted e199339
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz ➡️
How to you like the PCM92?

I've got 300L's, 224's, a PCM81, and a model 200. Old Lexicon is great stuff.
Old 16th April 2021 | Show parent
vlz
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWriter ➡️
How to you like the PCM92?

I've got 300L's, 224's, a PCM81, and a model 200. Old Lexicon is great stuff.
Only installed it yesterday, but sounds good and it seems to have a great SNR, it's all I can say at the moment.
Old 17th April 2021
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Current state of play - the Elka is in the garage (that's not my garage though, I don't have the space to move it around so much) while I work out what works and what doesn't. The cab is spinning on slow but not switching to fast...

So how things are set up:

Almost everything goes to a Korg MW2408 desk which I use for playing 'live' so to speak into a pair of old Carillion AMT-08 active monitors I've had since 2008. The buses go to a Focusrite LS56, which also has a Behringer ADA8000 and Focusrite Octopre LE; the Octopre LE currently has the main outs from a Soundcraft Spirit 12FX but the rest are unused. There's also a Focusrite Trakmaster Platinum 1U channel strip with a Rode NT1A connected, that's feeding the LS56's SP/DIF input.

Aux 1 & 2 of the MW2408 are going to the inputs on a Zynthian 4.1 to play with the effects and loop recording on it but I've yet to find a satisfactory way of using it. There's also a DBX 266XL compressor and a Digitech Studio Quad in that rack, unused.

"Mostly analogue corner" KeyStep Pro controlling Behringer Neutron, Behringer CAT and Behringer Crave via MIDI and Volca Modular via CV. Those all go to the MW2408, and I use the effects and EQ on that desk when I'm playing.

The Neutron (and Mooer Ocean Machine which I patch in to whatever, but will probably stick on the Aux 3 & 4 on the desk) is the only thing sitting on a 'proper' music/DJ stand - everything else is on cheap laptop/tablet stands I've been sent for review. I will eventually do a guide to all the different ones I've tried but the one I was most impressed with is a simple bamboo one from a seller called Jack Cube Designs - £17 for one wide enough to hold the Volca and the Crave.

To the left: Microfreak, Elektron model:samples (which I am finding very intuitive - I was told I'd probably hate it), Circuit Mono Station and Circuit.

To the right is the Modal Argon 8 and the Behringer TD-3 (the TD-3 is plumbed into the Soundcraft and I keep forgetting that when I can't hear it). I'm still learning about the Argon 8 - it's very intuitive but years of not-noodling have pushed me back to a really shiity state of 'not feeling what I am doing is any good'. There's also a CraftSynth 2.0 and Skulpt, which I love but have been a bit overshadowed by new gear. There's also a Korg NTS-1 which is great to play about with but hasn't had much to say lately!

The shelf behind has pocket operators and the kit CraftSynth and CraftRhythm - the latter is REALLY impressive but obviously somewhat eclipsed by having the model:samples - however, I won't sell it, it's too impressive and I enjoyed making it.

The Nord Stage is for sale, Novation Peak, UltraNova aren't used as much as I thought I would.

Oh, and there's a Theremini. I used to be okay at playing it, was told to sell it, then this one was my mum's one so even if I don't play it I won't sell.

Then the computer - dead simple. Maschine 2 (I had a Mikro and upgraded - but I rarely use Maschine because I use Cubase etc for softsynths and find Maschine is like a DAW in a DAW), Keylab 61 Mk II which is /excellent/, and the aforementioned Zynthian.

Most of the time I'm not recording, not doing anything planned, just sitting on that little red chair setting up boring beats on the elektron or Circuit and then noodingling sequenced stuff on the analogue ones at the moment, using the Argon 8 for pads and arps.

The organs: I love organs for some reason. Wish I could play properly. Because the HS-8 has MIDI, dual manuals and pedals with velocity and aftertouch plus pitch & mod wheels AND a rather nice FM strings voice card, I'll probably put it where the Nord Stage is when that sells.

The Elka was £50 on Facebook marketplace and I dare ANYONE to resist that - it needs a lot of work and the cabs are too big for my room (and too loud! Must be something up with that) so I'm not sure what I'll do with it ultimately - the style is amazing, but it's not good enough cosmetically for a living room ornament. It's currently taking up too much space in my garage while being prodded and investigated.

Ultimately now the 'mixing desk to iPhone' thing works I'm hoping to have time to use Jamulus or Zoom chats or something to jam with people instead of trying to do everything myself, but my total lack of talent/recording ability/constant compulsion to mess with arrangements I'm trying to play would probably be really annoying.
Attached Thumbnails
Gear thread - Pics of your setups-img_5299.jpg.6eb98c327d6322f221a32a0adeac5190.jpg   Gear thread - Pics of your setups-img_5298.jpg.462ade46a168fd596d8f225f0216c8e9.jpg   Gear thread - Pics of your setups-img_5297.jpg.8fe9dbb69cf56c1c15775962acc18a14.jpg   Gear thread - Pics of your setups-img_5296.jpg.f81404c78b79c783ca73ae85608eaeca.jpg   Gear thread - Pics of your setups-3e0e5a94-f568-49fc-9d10-3255f75f1b12.jpeg.d38757b707d56c8e78bd56d747c6c7ab.jpeg  

Old 18th April 2021
Terminologist

Right now, instead of the studio taking over my entire living room, I have squeezed everything needed to make music in to this tiny space in a closet.

Left to right then top to bottom: Behringer 2600, AKG K240 headphones, Tascam DP-32SD, Focusrite 2i4 Generation 2 hooked up to Thinkpad T430 running Valhalla Vintage Verb and Valhalla Supermassive, Yamaha QX5, Roland JD-Xi, Arturia Keylab Essential 49.

It’s a very basic setup in a tiny space, but it’s one which is very productive for my music making.
Attached Thumbnails
Gear thread - Pics of your setups-samiam-closet-studio.jpg  

Last edited by samiam; 18th April 2021 at 08:44 AM.. Reason: Update pic
Old 18th April 2021 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiam ➡️
Right now, instead of the studio taking over my entire living room, I have squeezed everything needed to make music in to this tiny space in a closet.

Left to right then top to bottom: Behringer 2600, AKG K240 headphones, Tascam DP-32SD, Focusrite 2i4 Generation 2 hooked up to Thinkpad T430 running Valhalla Vintage Verb and Valhalla Supermassive, Yamaha QX5, Roland JD-Xi, Arturia Keylab Essential 49.

It’s a very basic setup in a tiny space, but it’s one which is very productive for my music making.
awesome setup- but I would suffer from permanent back pain in that environment
Terminologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocosushi ➡️
awesome setup- but I would suffer from permanent back pain in that environment
The dressers are quite small and I can get to all the gear sitting Indian style on the floor; I can adjust the B2600 that way. I play the KeyLab either in that bean bag or Indian style on the floor.

The QX5 and JDXi I can put in my lap to adjust. I have the contrast set up on the DP32SD so I can mostly adjust it from my bean bag or on the floor, with me only needing to get on my knees for occasional adjustments.

See that space to the left of the QX5? That’s where I put my legs up when lying on the ground during breaks.

It is cramped, but I find the tiny space very cozy and productive. It’s also that much harder to justify buying more gear when there’s literally no space in the studio to put it. Now that the name of this website has changed, I no longer need to sl*t for more gear.
vlz
Lives for gear

Quote:
The dressers are quite small and I can get to all the gear sitting Indian style on the floor; I can adjust the B2600 that way. I play the KeyLab either in that bean bag or Indian style on the floor.

The QX5 and JDXi I can put in my lap to adjust. I have the contrast set up on the DP32SD so I can mostly adjust it from my bean bag or on the floor, with me only needing to get on my knees for occasional adjustments.

See that space to the left of the QX5? That’s where I put my legs up when lying on the ground during breaks.

It is cramped, but I find the tiny space very cozy and productive. It’s also that much harder to justify buying more gear when there’s literally no space in the studio to put it. Now that the name of this website has changed, I no longer need to sl*t for more gear.
If I sit indian-style on the floor, it doesn't take long for my legs to go to sleep.
Quote:
I had to sell some of my gear because it was encroaching on me and making me extremely uncomfortable. I'm happy for you but it was driving me crazy, I need room to breathe lol
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
I miss being able to sit on the floor (or the beanbag in this case) and make music. Nowadays when I get on the floor, it's a one-way trip.
📝 Reply