The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Beatskillz SLAM DAWG mastering software
Old 18th August 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I don't care about the name. If I did I'd never consider Metasonix products.

Only thing that matters is if it will help with the sound.
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signifier ➡️
This thread should be about music.

right, so much fuss about nothing...

better demo the plugin and share your opinions, folks

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 60622ed ➡️
Ive taken a look, Im handsome...but fat
I'm neither...wanna' trade ?
Old 18th August 2015

🎧 5 years
Thread needs a cleanse it seems...

Oh OT tried this plugin, after 10mins binned it. Not for me
mp3
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmdea ➡️
Sometimes bias is formed from action. If my smartphone was stolen by Deonta 9 out of 10 times, who SHOULD I hide my phone from, Deonta or Brad?
There are more brads in jail than deontas. Take from that what you will, but absent statistics to back up your assertion that some bigotry is justified, I call BS.

Aside from that, I gave examples of employment and criminality related effects for a reason: They are so intertwined that they are essentially the same issue.
mp3
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Maybe Brad mismanages my hedge fund though. And so I avoid Brad's Hedge Fund service. But youll never know because you are too worried about who im hiding my smartphone from...because that let's you play the race card pertinent to your agenda.
Yeah well let me know the day you find a deonta with a hedge fund. I will presume that I don't need to explain how it came to be that that's rare.
Old 18th August 2015

🎧 10 years
One thing I have to say about the Slam Dawg demos on the website is that it certainly adds volume to the material! In the 'before' it's like as if someone took a lame-assed piece of music and rolled off the bass and summed most of it to mono, but then in the 'after' tracks its like they put it back in stereo and turned the bass back up before kicking up the volume! That is some powerful processing.

Seriously - it really does sound better through Beats by Dre headphones, turned up really loud, smoking a blunt. Haytaz gonna hayt, aaai! Real.
Old 19th August 2015 | Show parent
Deleted 60622ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by waveform:blue ➡️
I'm neither...wanna' trade ?
You got nothing to trade dawg!

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 60622ed ➡️
You got nothing to trade dawg!
Heeey!

No need to slam me!

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3 ➡️
Yeah well let me know the day you find a deonta with a hedge fund. I will presume that I don't need to explain how it came to be that that's rare.
She shouldnt have bought Jordan's for her toddler.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signifier ➡️

Seriously - it really does sound better through Beats by Dre headphones, turned up really loud, smoking a blunt.

^^^ Made me laugh out loud

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by teknatronik ➡️
Don - I love your site man and I mean zero offense, but lately in a few posts you seem either rude, or disapproving.
You know.. Dave Bryce once pointed one very very interesting but crucial little detail and i somehow remember it to this day going something something like: when we post and type things down on these forums, the downside of it is that you don't see one's face expression. As a result one can see the same sentience from a totally different / wrong angle which in the end comes as a source of many online conflicts.

So if you need to think of my face expression, when i write something, think Devo. Because Devo is in me since the day i was born. And have a nice day, sir!

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by teknatronik ➡️
Someone who creates plugins would surely know the term for compression, eq and what not. It just seems very insulting... many seem very insulting.
I guess i didn't express myself clearly. I was refering to the end user, not gdayal9. I guess i should have used 'one' or 'they' instead of 'you'.

Quote:
I get that the owners and whatnot get paid through advertising and we get advertised daily on here, but your upset that he named his knobs to be effective towards the guys who more than likely buy this.
And my idea is that by making an adapted skin (a little piece of graphics) and some better demos on the site the plugin would be better marketable to more people.

Quote:
It is not hard to come here and see where the money is. I want to sound like - I need this sound - I love this bass, how can I make it.
Yeah, but the people who ask these things are not all into hip op language.

Last edited by monomer; 19th August 2015 at 12:16 PM..
mp3
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
She shouldnt have bought Jordan's for her toddler.
Thanks for making my point for me.
Old 19th August 2015

🎧 5 years
Back to the thread topic
Here is another video demonstration. I hope this helps ** Begin the stone throwing.. lol
https://youtu.be/9Sy-9jtxZRE
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris ➡️
You know.. Dave Bryce once pointed one very very interesting but crucial little detail and i somehow remember it to this day going something something like: when we post and type things down on these forums, the downside of it is that you don't see one's face expression. As a result one can see the same sentience from a totally different / wrong angle which in the end comes as a source of many online conflicts.

So if you need to think of my face expression, when i write something, think Devo. Because Devo is in me since the day i was born. And have a nice day, sir!
I do my best to picture a beautiful face with a smile, but I look to the left and a barrel.

public enemy # 2
Old 16th September 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Yeez did anyone tried this plugin? Kinda tired of the name discussion...

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Progmatic-Studios ➡️
Yeez did anyone tried this plugin? Kinda tired of the name discussion...
Didn't read the thread then? A couple of us discussed the sonics of this plugin.

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mix2Master ➡️
Didn't read the thread then? A couple of us discussed the sonics of this plugin.
Actually forgive me. There's another thread on this which discusses the sound this one no, seems like most of it has been moderated
Old 21st September 2015

🎧 10 years
so many negative comment its incredible,i dont believe it
i am around gearslutz since many years,got most of the nebula,and man,this plugin is just genius,with a good acoustic and a sub
i could make a mix in 15 mn and the results was nothing less than amazing compare to before !!!!
i produce edm,and man,this plugin is just magic,in just 15 mn i made a mix who sounds nothing like before,its just magic,will buy all your plugin
thank you so much for this one
namaste
Old 21st September 2015 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo123 ➡️
so many negative comment its incredible,i dont believe it
i am around gearslutz since many years,got most of the nebula,and man,this plugin is just genius,with a good acoustic and a sub
i could make a mix in 15 mn and the results was nothing less than amazing compare to before !!!!
i produce edm,and man,this plugin is just magic,in just 15 mn i made a mix who sounds nothing like before,its just magic,will buy all your plugin
thank you so much for this one
namaste
Totally sounds legit.
Old 22nd September 2015 | Show parent

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonStrom ➡️
what are you talking about?
i am not the owner of the company.

can trolling like that not be removed please?

The reactions on some products are really weird,
ranging from "i am not even gonna test this" to
statements like the one before.

For example if there was a real synth like POLY ANA people would totaly freak out like "look how many knobs, cool!"
(yeah i know, the GUI is much smaller than a real synth, but still...)
Or if there was a hardware box like SLAM DAWG at a nice price the same then.

But since it's software the reactions are the opposite
and i think really quite disrespectful to the developers,
who deserve more contructive postings.
5 years 231 posts and you are all behind a kiddie bedroom "pro" ducer plugin and the developer chimes in shortly after....

yeah the beat thang marketing team is back which is why you see that name popping up here we remember....
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
yes, sure, because i only have 231 posts proofs i registered in 2010 just for this very moment when slam dawg is gonna be released.

i also just wrote a enthusiastic review about my speakers because i am in fact the CEO of the company which produces them.

also i was involved in - if not responsible for - several viral campaigns for a bunch of new synthesizers that were developed to force the world into darkness.

and - last, but not least - not only gearslutz is my website but the whole internet is mine.

my god, what kind of conspiracy theories problem do you have?

maybe you should see a doctor instead of writing such nonsense about people you don't know.

Last edited by TonStrom; 22nd September 2015 at 11:38 AM..
Old 22nd September 2015
Deleted 60622ed
Owners of products for sale to the public should never argue about said product on internet message boards

Internet Marketing Rule# 4690
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
since any of you wise guys here think this anyway,
maybe i should really ask beatskillz to pay me some shares...

hmmm...

maybe next time i ask if any of the WAVES signature plugins make sense
(which are not so different from the beatskillz thing)

maybe then the same negative answers come from some here

and maybe i'll get also shares from Kramer or one of the guys
because of course it is MY company because i wrote about it.

Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by monomer ➡️
I wonder why this is not posted in the mastering forum.
Because mastering engineers know mastering is about the room acoustics and monitoring rather than software.
Old 29th February 2020
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
FWIW, this is onsale for $9 right now. I bought two of their other plugs for $9 also, but haven’t installed yet, waiting for Catalina support.

If the dev still posts on here, do you have an ETA for Catalina?

For the price of a what I bought a beer for last night, I’ll give this a shot too, I read a good review and saw some comments On this thread.
Old 3rd March 2020 | Show parent

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by STRATEGY ➡️
FWIW, this is onsale for $9 right now. I bought two of their other plugs for $9 also, but haven’t installed yet, waiting for Catalina support.

If the dev still posts on here, do you have an ETA for Catalina?

For the price of a what I bought a beer for last night, I’ll give this a shot too, I read a good review and saw some comments On this thread.
Slam Dawg for Catalina is launching today, except aax version
All the Virtual instruments have been updated to catalina, remenanig plugins coming this week.

cheers,
G
📝 Reply