The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I all Ive been searching the net for Some good Pop/ Rock and metal Drumless backing tracks and I have found a few but not...

Norrie
replies: 44 views: 31,001
SonorPhonic 3 days ago

I'll kick this off: BIG APOLOGIES for the lack of proper scoring!!! 1. "Rudiment Your Rudiments!!" for...

toolskid
replies: 52 views: 30,442
Chris Perra 19th June 2020

Heres a thread for drum specific sales only, as a lot of these get lost in the 2nd hand forum....

toolskid
replies: 239 views: 105,328
Dædalus 18th March 2016

Please ONLY post threads DIRECTLY relating to acoustic and electric kit and percussion/cymbals. Any other threads will be...

toolskid
replies: 0 views: 13,934
toolskid 13th December 2009

Heres a sticky to put up some links to other drum related forums and sites of interest! I'll kick it off with the obvious...

toolskid
replies: 0 views: 16,235
toolskid 22nd September 2006

Hi, I have a few cymbals at my disposal, and I was wondering what's the right way to clean each one of them. (Will a lemon...

LukeSkyStudio
replies: 19 views: 1,572
thismercifulfate 21 hours ago

Hi everyone! For my internship I have to record a band that I have arranged myself as a final assignment. In consultation with...

Anton.Bos
replies: 3 views: 126
ThirdHemisphere 1 day ago

Hello all, first post. I just made my biggest drum purchase a few days ago on a ≈$700 Ludwig Black Beauty 6.5"x14"....

Coconut_Head
replies: 6 views: 346
mrmike186 1 week ago

When I record (low end), I usually use buds with defenders over the top. My ears have some damage and I am scared of...

Adamamam
replies: 1 views: 138
joeq 1 week ago

Can anyone help me identify the drumkit used in this track? cheers and thanks in...

sadvigny
replies: 0 views: 112
sadvigny 1 week ago

Hey guys, I'm looking for a nice snare drum that sounds great recorded and is really versatile. I have a 6.5x14 DW Collector's...

OwensDrumming
replies: 113 views: 17,260
Hans A 1 week ago

I've never owned one, despite having owned/played a ton of pedals over the years. I feel I'm ready. Because I need one at...

gravyface
replies: 11 views: 424
chrisso 1 week ago

Hello, The Supraphonic and Black Beauty seem very similar. I like the sound of both. Is there something about the sound I...

gearstudent
replies: 5 views: 386
s12512 2 weeks ago

Email from Toontrack ------------------------------- END-OF-SALE ANNOUNCEMENT. Attention all owners of Superior Drummer 2: The...

freezerman
replies: 36 views: 4,221
apartment dog 3 weeks ago

Hello, This message board made a great recommendation on the "Iron Cobra" hi-hat stand. I bought one, and it's been...

gearstudent
replies: 11 views: 318
joeq 4 weeks ago

Ybra talks about how his son doesn't think Ringo is all that and that drummers nowadays are much better. I think the younger...

joanna_glass
replies: 0 views: 165
joanna_glass 4 weeks ago

The following is a conversation with Fred Beato, a Cuban-American musician, drummer and owner of the drum bag company Beato...

joanna_glass
replies: 2 views: 191
joanna_glass 4 weeks ago

I published a new video on the making of The Waterboys Classic 'The Whole Of The Moon': https://youtu.be/Lf8g-pyx3u0

chrisso
replies: 7 views: 325
Robby in WA 3rd April 2021

Hello! Can anybody please recommend a sub-£100 kick pedal that isn't horrible? Single, and for rock/indie (bleh), not...

Adamamam
replies: 1 views: 176
joeq 3rd April 2021

Have a video.. good or bad nice to see the person behind the drums.. Here are some of mine...

Rolf Fiesel
replies: 0 views: 174
Rolf Fiesel 29th March 2021

Outta cash and my leg is messed up to hold bongos traditionally. I'm looking for ideas or concepts for a homemade bongo stand?? I...

NoPro
replies: 5 views: 5,602
scott51 29th March 2021

I’m considering selling off my various “players kits” and project kits and just getting something new, in the sizes I want,...

gravyface
replies: 6 views: 279
gravyface 26th March 2021

This is our podcast with Brian Spaun. I'm leaving timestamps here so you can look at the topics, skip our other segments, and...

joanna_glass
replies: 0 views: 166
joanna_glass 26th March 2021

Hello, I saw a professional drummer on youtube play a supraphonic lm402 at normal tuning. Then he detuned it, and it was magic!...

gearstudent
replies: 10 views: 302
Whoopysnorp 24th March 2021

I just made a video talking about and demonstrating 'Calling Elvis' - originally tracked by the great Jeff Porcaro...

chrisso
replies: 16 views: 454
chrisso 24th March 2021
replies: 3 views: 284
solingen 20th March 2021

Can anyone help me identify the drumkit used in this track, i thought it was a linn but it sounds way more lofiesque than...

sadvigny
replies: 1 views: 196
boingpoumtchak 19th March 2021

What is the process of triggering a practice pad like an Evans RealFeel pad. Just to be clear I DO NOT want to mic up the pad and...

TechnicalVoid
replies: 4 views: 197
TechnicalVoid 18th March 2021

Not the Bristol one mind you (although, for your health, you really should)... But this...

gravyface
replies: 28 views: 551
Aural Endeavors 17th March 2021

hello, i hit a bunch of crash cymbals today at the store. i found a 16" one i liked the sound of. ironically, it was...

gearstudent
replies: 17 views: 382
Poopypants 14th March 2021

hello, the sm57 is the most standard mic on guitar amps les paul/marshall is one of the most standard guitar/amp...

gearstudent
replies: 23 views: 594
Drumsound 13th March 2021

Looking for a heavy ride, 22" preferred, with a loud, deep/clear bell and short decay. Perusing the used vintage options...

gravyface
replies: 19 views: 459
TechnicalVoid 12th March 2021

Hi everyone, I run my own project studio out of some extra space in my house, and it isn't really conducive to recording an...

TheStephenMcRae
replies: 8 views: 1,984
bambamboom 9th March 2021

I am trying to build a setup where all the drums have triggers which are side chained into gates. I would think it would go...

TechnicalVoid
replies: 18 views: 294
Rick Dalton 8th March 2021

Does anyone know what drums were used on Robbie Nevil C'est La Vie I really like the snare sound. Its very crisp and clear....

soundtrackshack
replies: 5 views: 1,520
Drumsound 1st March 2021

Hello all, I tracked 98% of drums so far for an upcoming EP. However, I left tracking snare rim clicks to be overdubbed later...

Coconut_Head
replies: 14 views: 356
chrisso 1st March 2021

Tried stacking and eq'ing the different samples, then compressing etc, but now quite there yet. Any thoughts?

nate12
replies: 7 views: 388
chrisso 26th February 2021

I'm new to triggering and was wondering if it's possible to use the DDrum DDTI trigger module like and interface. So basically I...

El_Beatz24
replies: 1 views: 186
joeq 24th February 2021

Hello. I'm looking to make my breakdown & setup quicker with the TD-20 Drum Module. I'm searching if there is anything...

cravenslutz
replies: 11 views: 242
Rick Dalton 17th February 2021

I'm looking into getting this amazing kind of sound recorded in the studio...

nicoides
replies: 3 views: 255
chrisso 14th February 2021

Want to switch up the Ambassadors (coated top, clear bottom). Need to go low with low resonance in this prison complex drum...

gravyface
replies: 7 views: 287
chrisso 14th February 2021

I've seen a center cut-out, but 99% of the time it's off-set, near the lugs, which is really the worst place for it. Who...

gravyface
replies: 19 views: 441
chrisso 12th February 2021

I've played Ambassador coated on my toms (12x8, 16x16 Yamaha Stage Customs, birch/mahogany) for ages. I tend to tune down a...

gravyface
replies: 43 views: 2,285
Drumsound 12th February 2021

Hi nerds! I've managed to record the 'click track' from the Sync Out of my RD-6 as a Mono 32 bit .WAV, and also a 320 Kb/s...

RawSketch
replies: 2 views: 278
RawSketch 11th February 2021

Been rocking the Vic Firth cans forever and want to treat myself to something less hot/heavy on the noggin for longer...

gravyface
replies: 0 views: 194
gravyface 9th February 2021

Hello, People here recommended the Tama Iron Cobra for a hi-hat stand, and that has worked out great. Is there a go-to high...

gearstudent
replies: 3 views: 192
Drumsound 8th February 2021

Hello fellow Gearslutz, As a big fan of Chad Smith and a drummer with the need for a good sounding workhorse snare, I'm in the...

StevieWonda
replies: 3 views: 618
deedeeyeah 5th February 2021

JJ Cale - The Woman That Got Away Kenny Buttrey playing here. I hear rimshot on that snare, which sounds like it's tuned kind...

gravyface
replies: 18 views: 366
Drumsound 5th February 2021

Hello fellows, New here. I'll try my best to make the topic to the correct area.:facepalm: So... referring the topic - does...

spredator
replies: 5 views: 235
Drumsound 1st February 2021

I have a no name ride cymbal that is kind of fun and groovy. I think I gave my buddy $50 bucks for it, and I sold it to him when...

Drumsound
replies: 2 views: 216
PeerSoe 29th January 2021

Hello. I really want to pick up the drums. But i find it difficult to multitask a separate rhythm from each hand/foot. Like if i...

zsarbomba
replies: 10 views: 414
TuviB 29th January 2021

Wenge stave snare with remo mondo head. Awesome drum!

unfiltered420
replies: 3 views: 1,524
gilbertman 24th January 2021

Hi everyone! Would anyone recommend 70s Tama Imperialstar drums for recording? The seller says they are pure birch and they have...

nicoides
replies: 1 views: 224
Drumsound 23rd January 2021

Hey everyone First of all: I already did this post on another forum, but I want to gather some more thoughts on this. I...

novusuhu
replies: 1 views: 224
joeq 15th January 2021

Some questions for you drummers out there: Do you prefer to arrive at recording studio sessions with your entire rig,...

gwm
replies: 117 views: 2,209
bonerpizza 8th January 2021

Moderators