Quantcast
I Sit On Aicd - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I Sit On Aicd
Old 2nd March 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
I Sit On Aicd

Picked up the 12" for this today after not listening to it for many many years.

The thing that still strikes me is that synth line!

What the hell is going on? I hear maybe a bit of phasing or some sort of modulation but maybe it is just PWM. But what the hell is he playing? It is so thick and sounds so awesome but I can't make out any notes or any indication of what is going on.

Otherwise that's clearly a 909 snare.

The Just the Basics mix was great for really listening, that's where I picked up the sublet phasing / PWM.

Mixin' Up The Acid (the first B-side) is so cool. I had never heard this mix before. Sounds much more 80's synth pop-ish, Matrix 1000 / 6 sound to my ears. Maybe some 303 and that 909 snare! Also fun because she finally finishes her sentence

Old 2nd March 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Listening on my laptop , nice i enjoy the "ebm" remix.
Old 2nd March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
sounds like hoover-ish variation on alpha juno.. basically pre-supersaw sound
Old 2nd March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
This came up last year- its a Prophet VS, PWM
Old 2nd March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by choond ➡️
This came up last year- its a Prophet VS, PWM
You mean this(which says maybe Microwave), or somewhere else?
Old 2nd March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
It could be a sample. Shock horror.

It has all the bottom EQ'd out. Actually it sounds like over-use of EQ.
Old 2nd March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
..in any case i find the sound quite possibly the most annoying use of a synth i've -ever- heard.. quite a feat actually!
Old 2nd March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
View from 0:46.

Old 2nd March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
You could do similar things with an Akai AX60 set to mono-unison.

However I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was just a sample, given the time period.
Old 2nd March 2014
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Totally Alpha Juno and a sampler... Forums are about do for a proper Oliver Adams thread. I hate when people hear KLF's "What Time is Love" and say "Mortal Kombat!!" It's funny that most people's stereotype of what "Techno" is.. is basically all made by one guy.

I haven't heard that track in a looong time... Reminds me of the slower new beat stuff..
Old 2nd March 2014
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Yeah! Lords of Acid are awesome. They had some really fresh stuff going on in the early 90's (and late 80's). I especially enjoyed all their side-projects back then (Praga Khan, Digital Orgasm, Jade 4 u, etc).

Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by djugel ➡️
I hate when people hear KLF's "What Time is Love" and say "Mortal Kombat!!" It's funny that most people's stereotype of what "Techno" is.. is basically all made by one guy.
Still being tortured to this day with 2 Unlimited at many indoor sporting events...ugh.

Quote:
I haven't heard that track in a looong time... Reminds me of the slower new beat stuff.
Back when dropping an f-bomb in track was still...
I Sit On Aicd-shockface.jpg
Old 2nd March 2014
BM0
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
This was the first stuff that got me into techno, then I discovered Polygon Window/Aphex Twin. Not diggin the Mixin' Up the Acid mix though. All New Beat was mostly hoover and saw synth leads with 909/808. It all sounded the same but it was still cool since it was all new back then.
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bil_g ➡️
Still being tortured to this day with 2 Unlimited at many indoor sporting events...ugh.
I admit.. I like Twilight Zone..
Old 3rd March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I admit.. I like Twilight Zone..
Fair enough...just probably not played by some college band shouting "wooh" at the end, right? Thankfully, I could find no video evidence of this...but I did find this. Just like you said...

The mention of New Beat sent me on the trek to figure out the name of this one track I used to love. This one...

I knew it was Hypp & Krimson under another name but, oh look....and Oliver Adams.

DanRand,

Remember Prometheus, right? Here's was my take on the OST(well, the commercials).
Attached Files

Prometheus ST.mp3 (213.4 KB, 135 views)

Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Fair enough...just probably not played by some college band shouting "wooh" at the end, right? Thankfully, I could find no video evidence of this...
my god..
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
my god..
...now, throw the sportscenter "da-na-na, da-na-na" in before the final "wooh", like a bunch of pandering wh...

...I must remember, it's college.
I Sit On Aicd-band_antics.jpg
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaghetti ➡️
Yeah! Lords of Acid are awesome. They had some really fresh stuff going on in the early 90's (and late 80's). I especially enjoyed all their side-projects back then (Praga Khan, Digital Orgasm, Jade 4 u, etc).
I must admit I never got much kick from Lords of Acid, but Digital Orgasm and Praga Khan is another story altogether. Love several of their tracks.
I do prefer the "Heavenly mix" of "Running out of time", though:

Both this and Praga Khan's "Injected With a poison", oh and "Rave Alert", are true rave classics :-D

Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
DanRand, Remember Prometheus, right? Here's was my take on the OST(well, the commercials)
i-sit-aicd-prometheus-st.mp3

Something?…some..thing?…about screaming in space?
heh
Attached Files

i-sit-aicd-prometheus-st_2d.mp3 (1.70 MB, 135 views)

Old 3rd March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Ha!...and since we don't have the appropriate emoticon...you actually made it listenable.

Oh, btw people, DO NOT put Cold Sensation - Liquid Empire into google and press shopping.

You've been warned.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perplexo ➡️
I must admit I never got much kick from Lords of Acid, but Digital Orgasm and Praga Khan is another story altogether. Love several of their tracks.
I do prefer the "Heavenly mix" of "Running out of time", though:
Oh yeah, that's the version I like the most too. It was the one that came on all the techno compilations back then. I couldn't find it on youtube. Thanks!

And by the way, since I'm such a nerd... (jump to 40:00 if it doesn't to it automatically)
Old 4th March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Oh yeah, that's the version I like the most too. It was the one that came on all the techno compilations back then. I couldn't find it on youtube. Thanks!

And by the way, since I'm such a nerd... (jump to 40:00 if it doesn't to it automatically)
Excellent! I love sample spotting, thanks!
Old 4th March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

I've never heard that D.O. track before. I remember back in 92, i used to do Smart Drinks at a lot of the Raves in the Midwest, and some of the people i worked with were invited out to LA for the NYE event they did at Knotts Berry Farm called Raveamerica. They hung out with DJ Destructo. Who had just become head A&R at Def American. One of the first "rave acts" they signed was Digital Orgasm. So they were sent back with a bunch of promo CDs and 12"s of their first release on that label, Guilty Of Love. It was a mellow deep house track if i remember, and i didn't really like it.

But that track is way killer.
📝 Reply