Quantcast
DIY electronic build + refurbishment photo diaries - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi everyone So we have opened this new sub forum where you can post pictures and words on your electronic DIY build repair and...

Tim Farrant
replies: 0 views: 7,478
Tim Farrant 30th May 2012

I'm trying to put these resistors in and I'm getting thrown off by the way the colors look in the pictures and second guyessing...

TikkoRome
replies: 7 views: 147
TikkoRome 2 days ago

Hello, This is my second attempt at this pedal, rebuilt from scratch yesterday. When switched on I get clean audio through but...

bex27
replies: 16 views: 232
bex27 2 days ago

I've just picked up a pair of UTC H-25 line transformers with xlr pigtails. Wondering what my best options are for fashioning an...

themiracle
replies: 0 views: 73
themiracle 3 days ago

Hello there I just bought an old DBX 128 compressor expander on Ebay. The previous owner has changed the current transformer...

Davided
replies: 0 views: 98
Davided 6 days ago

(pictures to come) So last week I decided to really, truly, this time rewire my rack gear (again). So I pulled all the gear...

raito
replies: 13 views: 3,580
raito 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone, I recently purchased a TAC Scorpion 16:8:2 in mint condition. I've decided to start a quick journal here for the...

Beatwulf
replies: 51 views: 18,337
ulisch 4 weeks ago

Am thinking of commisioning someone to make one for me.. would like it to look as real as possible. Any links to the best...

Wiggy Neve Slut
replies: 3 views: 359
nukmusic 7th September 2021

Good afternoon.! I'm looking for advice on how to improve my current vocal chain in my home studio. I've been trying all sorts...

Jim Carpert
replies: 2 views: 265
Jim Carpert 31st August 2021

Hi all, I was thinking of putting my thoughts on this site while embarking on a journey with a project was perhaps a good...

Panoramix
replies: 109 views: 20,727
ruffrecords 26th July 2021

Hey, I am recapping an old Allen and Heath system 8 Mk3 and am thinking about upgrading the op amps. Is there a drop-in...

Txroye
replies: 3 views: 490
ulisch 16th July 2021

Demonstration of Hammond necklace spring reverb tanks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q121TZlh7iQ At first I used a pair of...

Toobd
replies: 0 views: 248
Toobd 8th July 2021

I know Telefunk posted a thread like this a year or so when he did his 2824 in Finland, but I wanted to share mine. This Harrison...

countrymetalguy
replies: 66 views: 15,918
Winetree 4th July 2021

¡Hi Geeks! Finally, after four years of research and development (read it learning), four prototypes, many nights without...

JAY X
replies: 60 views: 10,907
JAY X 20th June 2021

Hello guys, I saw yesterday this whole series of great videos with Doug Ford. This one caught my attention as i have two of...

Matya
replies: 6 views: 1,535
Aurasphere 11th June 2021

You know there are times like these when your life comes to cross-roads, a fork in the road where either the weak-willed walk...

YashN
replies: 30 views: 1,948
italo de angelis 30th May 2021

Hello, I've have this issue where the volume glitches on my DBX 160A. Had a look at the Caps and they look good, ie no bulging...

Viceroy is a cat
replies: 1 views: 254
Brent Hahn 19th May 2021

Okay, hopefully this is in the right place. But I bought an Audio Technical LP120 Recently and UPS did a number on it. I...

DuoMaxwell2x4
replies: 3 views: 5,478
JayS12 28th April 2021

Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well. I’m trying to learn how to rack up preamps and was wondering what everyone thinks the...

ifudontlikebees
replies: 2 views: 282
ifudontlikebees 27th April 2021

In this video, I tackled my most ambitious electronics project yet: building a mic preamp (DIYRE...

dhilowitz
replies: 0 views: 260
dhilowitz 27th April 2021

Hello all, Any help would be appreciated. I use a Shure MX418D/N Talkback mic for studio talkback. The dip switches are set...

realrecording
replies: 0 views: 230
realrecording 21st April 2021

So we need a 48 input microphone splitter. To split to 3 different sources. 1 direct then two transformer isolated. Basically...

arsmusic
replies: 3 views: 348
Jim Williams 19th April 2021

whell this small beast have great sound... and since i keeped one of few I had.... i spend some time using it in studio. I...

roginator
replies: 385 views: 127,962
Jim Williams 19th April 2021

I want to start making electronic stuff for audio, and I'm very frustrated. Sites that sell electronic parts (digikey, mouser)...

lightnb
replies: 13 views: 459
elegentdrum 15th April 2021

Hello, Hopefully this is the right forum. I'm having problems with this phase pedal and hoping someone can offer some...

bex27
replies: 5 views: 320
cruisemates 14th April 2021

As Dr. Nick Rivera would have said: "Hello everybody!" I recently scored this interesting looking little mixer which...

cuebism
replies: 18 views: 9,074
rez 14th April 2021

Hey Gearheads! So I'm one of those guys who's rebuilding an old mid-2000s rack I had, and was hoping for a little hand up....

Duayne
replies: 0 views: 282
Duayne 10th April 2021

So at our church we have a behringer x32. It is okay for what it is but you get what you pay for with the mic pres. I am...

arsmusic
replies: 0 views: 319
arsmusic 3rd April 2021

hi guys, i just bought an old dynamix 3000 console and i want to improve the sound of the preamps and eq´s. The desk is...

Alexi
replies: 65 views: 23,327
The Convicted 28th March 2021

I'm modding my vintage austrian console from Lemo to XLRs. The problem is that I'll need to bridge a gap between the PCB and the...

ChayaFFM
replies: 0 views: 286
ChayaFFM 25th March 2021

I built a passive mixer, four channels in, two out. The jacks are all XLR, it has 4 dual ganged 10K potentiometers with 1K...

rvol
replies: 5 views: 381
David Rick 22nd March 2021

Hi folks, The final release of the XVA1 FPGA synth is up. Here's how it sounds! https://youtu.be/AvS6mL7EvP0 In brief,...

rgc__
replies: 1 views: 439
Cpl. Punishment 2nd March 2021

I've never done a build diary but since there was interest in the Behringer 2600 thread, I figured why not? This would be my...

fallout
replies: 8 views: 576
fallout 5th February 2021

Here is a project which should have only been a joystick controller but I got carried away :facepalm: Everything started after...

xavierbzh
replies: 7 views: 547
xavierbzh 26th January 2021

I have developed and build a USB midi interface on for the Korg Poly61. The design is based on the P6retro design but using a...

edwinvanpoeijer
replies: 2 views: 527
edwinvanpoeijer 24th January 2021

Not sure where to post this. I have a 56 channel d&r dayner console. It's too big and heavy. Can I make I make a smaller,...

David 123
replies: 1 views: 339
elegentdrum 24th January 2021

Dear all, being interested to build some mic, I stumble upon this great simple site: https://store.studio939.com/ Bodies...

TormyVanCool
replies: 2 views: 391
TormyVanCool 22nd January 2021

I'm looking for a replacement battery for my trusty Peavey PC1600x controller because the old NiCad unit is dead and...

UncleGroOve
replies: 2 views: 384
UncleGroOve 21st January 2021

Just thought i'd keep a running diary of this build. I've got a pair of 1084 EQ's in the pipeline, based around the Bluzzi...

che_guitarra
replies: 65 views: 18,350
Bluzzi 19th January 2021

hey guys, I thought I'd share a build log of my latest abomination - two Soundcraft 400b input strips in a 1U rack enclosure....

Maverick616
replies: 0 views: 329
Maverick616 15th January 2021

Just built a couple CP5's. They sound good, but when I plug in a Coulour module they no longer pass signal. Also, one of them...

jsbergjunk
replies: 3 views: 412
jsbergjunk 15th January 2021

hi everyone! i am planning to build some electret microphone connected and powered to my xlr input with phantom power. the...

pingalep
replies: 0 views: 296
pingalep 15th January 2021

So... A friend of mine came with a mic that has gone through a hard accident. Head was destroyed and, upon inspection, so was...

rafafredd
replies: 0 views: 370
rafafredd 12th January 2021

Hello! :) Recently got my hands on an OB-SX, and from then I've been wanting to unlock its full potential. I've had lots of...

Volter
replies: 3 views: 531
nspaas 12th January 2021

Hi guys, Does anyone have soundgrid wsg servers working with hear dante wsg to dante working ? How it performs in studio,...

m_lameiro
replies: 0 views: 293
m_lameiro 11th January 2021

hi, ive had this dp4+ for a few years but its been in transit from another country so not used it in months, anyway ive always...

Notenoughtime
replies: 0 views: 312
Notenoughtime 4th January 2021

Hi, I recently got my first synth and im triyng to do some experimental stuff. I would like to build a fully DIY Spring...

DiogoMM
replies: 1 views: 449
sin night 22nd December 2020

just a few pics of a dbx128 I recapped & modded http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff10/doulos24/dbx1181_zps15345c70.jpg...

doulos30
replies: 10 views: 7,171
djkeet 15th December 2020

Hello, I've recently build an ezPDI-500 from Aml. Unfortunatly there is a hum sound that make it unusable. Can hum be caused by...

Ferla
replies: 1 views: 422
WestBerliner 14th December 2020

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I didn't see any repair forums. Basically, as the title states, I have a UA DCS that...

BMXnotFix
replies: 6 views: 558
vicwind 11th December 2020

Solid state Pultec, stereo, Elma stepped rotaries, Original Triad in and output transformers ...and then some...

Radiance
replies: 43 views: 15,107
nickalpha 27th November 2020

Moderators