The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options 2nd Hand Synths
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hey everyone, we have a Q&A with Jordan Young running right now He's a well known mixer, engineer, songwriter. He has a ton...

Reptil
replies: 0 views: 135
Reptil 27th February 2021

I'm really happy to post this. We've got our own subforum for Dancefloor Music Production finally. kfhkh Let's discuss...

Reptil
replies: 18 views: 1,010
DaCaVa 21st March 2020

Our house is your house and your house is mine cooge After being kicked out of the acid thread, it was felt there was a space...

usedtohaveajuno
replies: 259 views: 14,275
J Gabriel 1 hour ago

with the release of the new Roland machines, it looks like everyone and Mr. Varaldo is in the mood to break out some acid. let's...

jbuonacc
replies: 3,018 views: 190,783
Sapro 20 hours ago

Question: Do you think 90s electronic music sounds "****tier"/"better" than contemporary? I've been in the...

soundmodel
replies: 534 views: 22,355
funkaholic1972 1 day ago

I feel very intrigued about how the techno genre is produced, producers like richie hawtin, tale of us, maceo plex. etc they use...

Thomas Holback
replies: 248 views: 21,644
fiddlestickz 1 day ago

I mean if you listen to this eurodance example, they have 2 versions recorded of it, one in 2016 and one in 1995. First the...

Rahva
replies: 141 views: 10,970
NawwwwSon 2 days ago

I know this has been discussed to death, but for techno/tech house production, what 4-5 boxes would you pick for insert and aux...

bluemoon
replies: 5 views: 219
Sapro 2 days ago

Hi all, Hope everyone is doing good! So, because of the warmth & sonic richness it adds, I’m using a lot of...

eightytwo
replies: 2 views: 159
eightytwo 3 days ago

Something that's very relevant to a lot of electronic producers. I've tried it on a couple of my latest acid tracks and it...

rhythmtech
replies: 0 views: 161
rhythmtech 3 days ago

Hi All! When programming a 909 house beat, my understanding is you leave the kick snare bang on quantized and then hi-hats and...

creativemind
replies: 6 views: 238
Methlab 3 days ago

Hello all, in the spirit of the Acid showdown thread I thought I would start one for drum and bass. This could also be a good...

Sapro
replies: 173 views: 9,458
Staticbuster 5 days ago

"the only dj mixing hands up" .

lunecha
replies: 1 views: 145
rhythmtech 5 days ago

Couldn't find a dedicated thread for the tips n tricks for producing dub anywhere, apart from one from 2005, so if I may be so...

fiddlestickz
replies: 783 views: 93,313
Syn303 5 days ago

I was curious how other dance music creators handle stereo vs. mono while mixing or recording. Some years ago I started recording...

Sole Relic
replies: 13 views: 385
Methlab 6 days ago

I've been using JBL LSR305 which for the price were pretty good but it's time to upgrade. Music style is techno. I don't want...

Primativ
replies: 25 views: 2,450
Aka_bob 1 week ago

Found out there was no hardtechno topic here to post tracks or to have a good discussion about it. Probably because it's such a...

Stikkers
replies: 2 views: 241
Aka_bob 1 week ago

Hi All! Does anyone know where the samples in this track are from? https://youtu.be/iYt0XNCr6B0 EDIT - Found out some...

creativemind
replies: 2 views: 197
creativemind 1 week ago

luv Gobber, psi and Angstrom :) Timeshard = the radness. Any idea what gear they used? I recall reading somewhere they...

Dude163
replies: 4 views: 825
Angstrom 1 week ago

Do You know how to make this highly resonated sound in 0:20? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrH500JzLxA I'm interested...

Roject
replies: 2 views: 165
Skybes 2 weeks ago

It's a sort of whiiiiiizzzzzzzz in this old disco record: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZE2EiQ-z4I Here are links...

outlaws
replies: 4 views: 207
Skybes 2 weeks ago

Hi to all! I am trying to recreate the synth sound (sequence) that you may hear in this track as well as in many other tracks...

xarquid
replies: 1 views: 194
Skybes 2 weeks ago

Anyone have any interesting advice on tools to use that create those kind of dissonant, slowly evolving arpeggiated lead lines...

pdpd
replies: 3 views: 161
pdpd 3 weeks ago

Inspired by the French House thread, and with interest from several other people, here's a thread for all things Goa...

anigbrowl
replies: 1,134 views: 211,176
Mushy Mushy 3 weeks ago

What would be your ideal hardware-based techno setup?

Nightmara
replies: 41 views: 4,562
jbuonacc 4 weeks ago

We've been scratching our heads on this one for a while. This conga loop featured fairly prominently on a few Detroit house-style...

Zelda
replies: 11 views: 532
olafmol 10th March 2021

Most favourite: A tie between Happy Hardcore and Funky House*, but not too cheesy. Least favourite: Progressive House. I tried...

Benjaymun
replies: 10 views: 383
Sole Relic 8th March 2021
replies: 31 views: 11,687
creativemind 3rd March 2021

Drexciya

Well, first of all I think they deserve their own thread here on GS.. they rarely (if ever) get mentioned ..Drexciya (James...

jkamata
replies: 256 views: 71,766
CasimirsBlake 1st March 2021

I kinda like this. Screens distract me when I'm playing. This controller works with Serato of course, but still... Anyone here...

Reptil
replies: 6 views: 288
Dubbylabby 26th February 2021
replies: 25 views: 7,068
Akailama 23rd February 2021

Would be Roland Junos? I imagine this sound can't be 100% analog . I just listened a commercial song and yes it has that sound......

tonevision
replies: 121 views: 25,524
Aka_bob 19th February 2021

So the famous The Age Of Love remix from Jam & Spoon got all the fame thanks to, IMO, awesome production for its time that...

Slit
replies: 0 views: 193
Slit 16th February 2021

Long time lurker. First post. I make electronic dance music, 'club music'. When I make music I have a club in mind. I,...

DJ.Makosi
replies: 79 views: 5,002
DJInTheAM 16th February 2021

Hello people First I want to thank the community I have been spending some time on gearslutz and I am very grateful for the...

RytMan
replies: 13 views: 944
clone 13th February 2021

There is no holding it back now. Gay is going mainstream. 8YgPG8Ikg2g 2-MDun9lyDk Hopefully this is in the...

OG S
replies: 25 views: 813
locojohn 12th February 2021

440 Kicks for $50 buck. Seems like a very useful pack. I don't use loops from sample packs (no judgement for anyone who...

DrZero
replies: 0 views: 268
DrZero 11th February 2021

Morning all, I have been thinking about my current 'home mastering' work and I reckon the best thing for me to do is get as...

DamianL
replies: 8 views: 301
DamianL 10th February 2021

For a project I am involved in I am listenining a lot to jazz and soul influenced electronica lately. Must say I am really...

Tom H
replies: 38 views: 5,147
Bignatius 6th February 2021
replies: 6 views: 385
Mantik 4th February 2021

So when you import a sample into Avenger. It maps the sample on the keyboard, but it speeds the sample up or down to pitch it. Is...

megaman3000
replies: 0 views: 132
megaman3000 2nd February 2021

Hello GS community, I have a question regarding Plastikman's Sheet One Album sounds. Many of the tracks...

Swiftical
replies: 37 views: 16,065
Akailama 30th January 2021

Listening to a lot of milennial dance music and I hear in so many song something going on with the "tail" of snare and...

Silencer86
replies: 2 views: 230
Silencer86 27th January 2021

Hi all, I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to this, forgive me. What are people's recommendations for crafting those...

gearmeupscotty
replies: 12 views: 737
Methlab 27th January 2021

What gear and hardware do these artists use? On the top of my head for now, wondering about what gear they...

fooddude
replies: 71 views: 34,898
adamforemusic 27th January 2021

EDM?

OK, gather round chil'ren. Pop's Zerocrossing has some questions. EDM? WTF? I'll readily admit I have no idea what...

zerocrossing
replies: 151 views: 7,760
NawSon 23rd January 2021

As many will know, recently there's been a resurgence in 'Deep' House that borrows heavily from classic 90s house tracks. M1...

Rainball
replies: 453 views: 51,165
Methlab 23rd January 2021

hey all looking for a good limiter/compressor to run my master mix through for some hard techno ive been making thinking about...

spenny23
replies: 28 views: 3,197
Akailama 22nd January 2021

i really miss 1993 - some damn fine techno/trance/ambient music from that time. i have spent the past 17 years trying to emulate...

blinky909
replies: 141 views: 12,547
Gary.S 18th January 2021

Hi Guys. I'm trying to track down the synth that Paul Masterson used, mostly under his Candy Girls Alias... I'm talking about...

tonable
replies: 6 views: 218
tonable 16th January 2021

I know there are not many of you left, but if you're reading this and you produced dance and trance in the late 90's I'd love to...

StephenWiley
replies: 160 views: 52,014
Musiclab 16th January 2021

Hi Guys, Im trying to recreate parts of this track so I can remix it. The strings/pad sound at 2.15 can anyone tell me the...

Muppet
replies: 1 views: 235
denstrow 12th January 2021

Moderators