The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The rules (evolving, please check back occasionally!)
Old 28th November 2014
  #1
GS Community Manager
 
Whitecat's Avatar
Exclamation The rules (evolving, please check back occasionally!)

By popular demand here is a new collaborations sub forum where you can seek out like-minded forum members to help out with projects - music would be the first and foremost but sound design and other audio projects are definitely on the cards.

Make a new thread here if you're looking for help - don't forget to include all the info about what you are trying to accomplish, what you are looking for, what you will bring to the table and what your intentions are with the finished product.

Here are some initial rules!

1) Make sure your intentions are clear from the outset. We don't mind commercial collaborations as well as "just for fun" stuff but be sure that all your paperwork is in order regarding rights, ownership and copyright. We suggest you consult a qualified entertainment lawyer if in any doubt. Gearslutz cannot and will not get involved in disputes!

2) Any member caught enlisting the help of others under false pretenses (e.g., a commercial firm trying to recruit for free labour) will be banned from this sub forum and possibly the site. Please report any abuses to me.

3) Gearslutz can be used as an anonymous platform so make sure you do whatever due diligence is necessary on potential collaborators to ensure that they meet your creative needs and required skill level. We cannot be held responsible for time-wasters!

4) In the event of a falling out/disagreement/things going badly, you will have to sort things out privately (or elsewhere) - no dirty laundry is to be aired here. You are welcome to PM me privately if you think you've been messed around and I'll make a note of it but any open-air disputes on the forum here are prohibited.

These rules may evolve/change so stay tuned. Have fun and good luck!
Old 28th November 2014
  #2
Lives for gear
 
Godson's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
HALLELUJAH!

a collab forum!
Old 28th November 2014
  #3
Founder
 
Jules's Avatar
For the purposes of this sub forum offering "free trial" mixing / mastering services does not count as collaboration. (And offering such will be a quick route to banned status)
Old 30th November 2014
  #4
Here for the gear
 
vashima's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
sweet! slutz unite!
Old 1st December 2014
  #5
Gear Head
 
🎧 5 years
Woohoo! Collabs - thanks GS!
Old 9th December 2014
  #6
Lives for gear
 
aaronsmith's Avatar
 
4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
at last! thanks GSz
Old 9th December 2014
  #7
Gear Maniac
 
paturn's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
would "looking for remixers for either free or cash " be in here as well ?
Old 9th December 2014
  #8
Lives for gear
 
Godson's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
i wouldn't mind taking on some paying remixing jobs!
Old 8th January 2015 | Show parent
  #9
Moderator
 
psycho_monkey's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by paturn ➑️
would "looking for remixers for either free or cash " be in here as well ?
We do have the "jobs offered" forum which is where cash jobs should go.

It's up to Whitecat as to if offers of free remixes should be allowed here. I wouldn't be averse.
Old 5th August 2017
  #10
Gear Guru
 
jwh1192's Avatar
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
this has been a lot of fun .. i have played on more than a few tracks now for people all over the world .. really cool .. thank you GS !!!
Old 5th August 2018
  #11
Lives for gear
 
dethbyoogabooga's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitecat ➑️
By popular demand here is a new collaborations sub forum where you can seek out like-minded forum members to help out with projects - music would be the first and foremost but sound design and other audio projects are definitely on the cards.

Make a new thread here if you're looking for help - don't forget to include all the info about what you are trying to accomplish, what you are looking for, what you will bring to the table and what your intentions are with the finished product.

Here are some initial rules!

1) Make sure your intentions are clear from the outset. We don't mind commercial collaborations as well as "just for fun" stuff but be sure that all your paperwork is in order regarding rights, ownership and copyright. We suggest you consult a qualified entertainment lawyer if in any doubt. Gearslutz cannot and will not get involved in disputes!

2) Any member caught enlisting the help of others under false pretenses (e.g., a commercial firm trying to recruit for free labour) will be banned from this sub forum and possibly the site. Please report any abuses to me.

3) Gearslutz can be used as an anonymous platform so make sure you do whatever due diligence is necessary on potential collaborators to ensure that they meet your creative needs and required skill level. We cannot be held responsible for time-wasters!

4) In the event of a falling out/disagreement/things going badly, you will have to sort things out privately (or elsewhere) - no dirty laundry is to be aired here. You are welcome to PM me privately if you think you've been messed around and I'll make a note of it but any open-air disputes on the forum here are prohibited.

These rules may evolve/change so stay tuned. Have fun and good luck!
There has been an increase in "mix my song for exposure" request on here. does this count as collaboration? methinks it should be on a different forum.
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
  #12
Here for the gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules ➑️
For the purposes of this sub forum offering "free trial" mixing / mastering services does not count as collaboration. (And offering such will be a quick route to banned status)
i used to work in a studio here in brazil , lost my job studio went out o bussiness , i miss my work as trancking , mixing and mastering , this forum helpd me so much and i want give back now that i have spare time and do some mixing and mastering for the community , what i need to do for that ?
thanks in advance
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump