The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Gearspace Meetup - LONDON Edition
Old 20th May 2021
  #1
Lives for gear
 
robshrock's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Gearspace Meetup - LONDON Edition

Anyone GS'ers in the London area fancy a meetup now that lockdown is lifted?

The lift may not last forever... I, for one, could sure use a drink in a proper pub.
Old 21st May 2021
  #2
Lives for gear
 
Hollowman9's Avatar
If this actually takes place you do realize it will turn into a hardware vs software rumble right?
I advise brass knuckles
Old 22nd May 2021 | Show parent
  #3
Lives for gear
 
robshrock's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowman9 ➡️
If this actually takes place you do realize it will turn into a hardware vs software rumble right?
I advise brass knuckles
Haha... who knows... Doesn't seem like anyone is actually interested. I guess people prefer sitting with their devices.

But this is how we did it back in the olden days... musicians, engineers, producers, hanging out over a drink and talking shop, talking ****, and getting to know people. You could learn a lot. Eventually, something good would come out of it, but you did have to show up.

Oh, well...
Old 24th May 2021
  #4
Lives for gear
 
Audio Child's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
I find a lot of people have readjusted to home comfort these days! I Sounds like a good idea!

I'd also be up for studio meet ups with gear shoot outs!
Old 24th May 2021 | Show parent
  #5
Lives for gear
 
robshrock's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Child ➡️
I find a lot of people have readjusted to home comfort these days! I Sounds like a good idea!

I'd also be up for studio meet ups with gear shoot outs!
Cool... let's see if we eventually make a quorum.
Old 14th November 2021
  #6
Lives for gear
 
Surbitone's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I’d actually be really up for this. Would need a bit of notice as I’ve got to plan around a young family, but definitely in.
Old 14th November 2021 | Show parent
  #7
Lives for gear
 
robshrock's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surbitone ➡️
I’d actually be really up for this. Would need a bit of notice as I’ve got to plan around a young family, but definitely in.
Cool… any other Londoners up for it?
Old 14th November 2021
  #8
GBP
Lives for gear
 
GBP's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
What part of London are you thinking ?
Old 14th November 2021
  #9
Lives for gear
 
Surbitone's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Would town make sense? I live in Hackney, fwiw.
Old 14th November 2021
  #10
GBP
Lives for gear
 
GBP's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Yes I am city old st...
Old 14th November 2021
  #11
Lives for gear
 
robshrock's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
I’m down in SE21… but it’s gonna entail some travel for some, yeah.

In town likely makes most sense until we can get a consensus. But I’m happy that we might actually put together a meet up!
Old 17th November 2021
  #12
Here for the gear
 
Well, before I commit either way, I'd like to know if we'd be expected to bring along some "musical" instrument in order to collaborate on a live meet-up jam session, such as a kazoo, ukulele, tambourine or xylophone?

If not, I'm out.
Old 17th November 2021 | Show parent
  #13
Lives for gear
 
robshrock's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Pretties ➡️
Well, before I commit either way, I'd like to know if we'd be expected to bring along some "musical" instrument in order to collaborate on a live meet-up jam session, such as a kazoo, ukulele, tambourine or xylophone?

If not, I'm out.
I’ve got a few bits and bobs like a kazoo, recorder, etc… but I’d personally keep it to things I can play with one hand because I plan to have a drink in the other.
Old 17th November 2021
  #14
Here for the gear
 
Hmm, so no Swanee whistle then?

I'm torn.
Old 17th November 2021
  #15
Lives for gear
 
Surbitone's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I was planning on bringing some vuvuzelas.
Old 4th March 2022 | Show parent
  #16
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by robshrock ➡️
Haha... who knows... Doesn't seem like anyone is actually interested. I guess people prefer sitting with their devices.

But this is how we did it back in the olden days... musicians, engineers, producers, hanging out over a drink and talking shop, talking ****, and getting to know people. You could learn a lot. Eventually, something good would come out of it, but you did have to show up.

Oh, well...
Im a Jazzy Boombap maker in London, keen to chat about music with some locals
Old 4th March 2022
  #17
Here for the gear
lets make this happen, hows march looking for everyone?
Old 7th March 2022
  #18
Lives for gear
 
pencilextremist's Avatar
 
9 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
if I was near london I'd definitely be up for this, I'm nearer manchester, know what you mean, nobody likes physically going out anymore do they, it's a weird world post covid...
Old 7th March 2022
  #19
Lives for gear
 
robshrock's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Yeah, I’m up for it…. I’m in South London, Herne Hill area. But I can come across the river.
Old 7th March 2022
  #20
Gear Guru
 
SWAN808's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I would be up for it...based in west London, can get central no probs
Old 8th March 2022
  #21
Lives for gear
 
Surbitone's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Super up for it… but not back in the UK until late March, and will be tied up with work until early-mid April :(

Any time after that would be great though! (Or if there’s a second meet up at any point)
📝 Reply
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump