The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Working Class Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

What is the current way to distribute music and get paid? Are CD's officially done? I don't understand how in 2020 we STILL...

piano
replies: 2,615 views: 74,798
nat8808 53 minutes ago

John here. First time poster, long time viewer. Really need some advice here on my situation in Japan. The lead engineer I...

Johnwellz
replies: 4 views: 705
marianellefson 2 days ago
replies: 1 views: 500
Papaleo 3 days ago

Like many indie artists, I created a record label and publishing company for my business activities. But it's just me (and my...

Resort Records
replies: 0 views: 76
Resort Records 3 days ago

Hi all! I am looking for audio engineers and music producers to participate in a short listening test for research being...

jorshi
replies: 1 views: 492
Bowers 4 days ago

Big artists are selling their song catalogs for large sums of cash . When the press says "catalog "are they talking...

carlheinz
replies: 0 views: 115
carlheinz 1 week ago

How much do you spend on visual art a) for your personal inspiration ("coffee table books" posters, artwork etc) b)...

Deleted 38a4a95
replies: 18 views: 1,599
Aenor Edits 1 week ago

Is anybody here generating an income from their works? I'd love to know how to do it. I've been doing this for fun for 8...

konokoknk
replies: 12 views: 1,537
newguy1 1 week ago

Has anyone been paid for a live performance by BMI Live or whatever the ASCAP equivalent is? What’s a rough ballpark for...

ds11
replies: 2 views: 152
ds11 3 weeks ago

Hi. I'm in a 4-member hard rock cover band. I'm looking for ideas concerning the band finances. First of all, I'm the only...

jnastic
replies: 4 views: 241
telecode 3 weeks ago

I noticed quite a few went on to Twitch trying to build up communities. It all started a few months into coronavirus. The...

Deleted 6833614
replies: 2 views: 767
Felicita 3 weeks ago

Hi how do you guys charge for mixing a song. Most of you all have your studio it seem but i don't , i tried mixing ITB by it...

FazeFlip
replies: 1 views: 275
psycho_monkey 4 weeks ago

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. Mods please move it to the right place. My question is this: Say you recorded a cover...

Trakworx
replies: 11 views: 438
psycho_monkey 4 weeks ago

what are you guys using for your sites? I'm looking for a new theme. or sell me on a diff website service.

fairchildren
replies: 4 views: 1,473
jimmyhazen1 6th April 2021

So I’ve made a site with Wix and am happy with it. Now I’d like to purchase my domain, looking at godaddy to register the...

jerry123
replies: 0 views: 232
jerry123 30th March 2021

Hi! 2706 Burbank Studios is located in Burbank, CA. We are home to a group of individual creative sound professionals in...

kenevill
replies: 0 views: 235
kenevill 15th March 2021

I find this fascinating: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/10/style/creators-selling-selves.html Seems like the pandemic...

rorohello
replies: 0 views: 217
rorohello 10th March 2021

I'm halfway done with my Mechanical Engineering degree. I've been getting really worn down with the HVAC, Construction,...

erikbrown
replies: 6 views: 1,637
RayHeath 10th March 2021

First I don't know where to place this thread, so it randomly ended up here in this category. What is NFT? It's "non...

matucha
replies: 3 views: 413
matucha 10th March 2021

Hello Im working in music business for more than 15 years and since this industry is changing fast thanks to technology,...

Prototech
replies: 19 views: 880
Prototech 9th March 2021

Hi all, Question about Wix website and music players. I have an existing Wix site that currently uses a Soundcloud based...

Wilburguy
replies: 3 views: 605
sivertb 4th March 2021

Looks like the average payout per 1 millions streams is $3000 I see a lot of "unknown" (at least to me) new house...

replies: 75 views: 3,853
Bob Olhsson 4th March 2021

So, I mastered an album yesterday and for the first time ever, was asked if I accepted Bitcoin! Anyway, I obliged... just added...

Surbitone
replies: 67 views: 2,571
Surbitone 27th February 2021

Spotify forced to defend multi-million pound podcast deal with Prince Harry and Meghan confoosed Spotify has paid the Duke and...

razorboy
replies: 3 views: 431
Whatever 26th February 2021

Hi guys This is something im interested in doing and was wondering if anyone has any tips or pointers on where to start in...

sicsoundz
replies: 2 views: 1,164
Gracekb 25th February 2021

Hi, newb here so please don't flame me. I've googled this question and am still confused -- I'm planning on filing...

Brooklyn1280
replies: 0 views: 282
Brooklyn1280 24th February 2021

I'm looking for an audio player I can embed in my website that plays local files but also displays links to streaming (e.g.,...

Resort Records
replies: 4 views: 510
Resort Records 23rd February 2021

Im going to keep this short. Facts: 1. This is the client's first ever song. She is a singer who performs with a group at...

Elian20
replies: 18 views: 736
Bushman 23rd February 2021

Trying to figure out gear insurance. There seems to be a question of whether gear is personal property (covered) versus business...

hhamilton
replies: 28 views: 5,540
Timatack 16th February 2021

I was hoping to vend high-resolution and surround singles from my website. Since those aren't generally available through...

Resort Records
replies: 4 views: 512
Aenor Edits 9th February 2021

So, basicaly im looking into starting in a online school, to get the tread started off the right way, im not able to attent...

Slots1Up
replies: 10 views: 976
elegentdrum 18th January 2021

Hey how are you all I've been called into a studio for an interview for an internship. Im wondering if you guys can give me any...

HoustonGee
replies: 2 views: 1,282
Tatara 13th January 2021

Hi guys I'm new to posting on these forums, but I've been reading the gearslutz forums for years n years now. Strange that I only...

hiphopasia
replies: 44 views: 20,511
they_fit 12th January 2021

Some days ago I made the mistake to.post some comment on an Facebook sponsored link about a Spotfiy follower growth...

blaugruen7
replies: 2 views: 829
Erth 12th January 2021

Which artist services companies do you all like now? Once upon a time (ca. TopSpin), I had a reliable list of artist services...

Resort Records
replies: 0 views: 423
Resort Records 11th January 2021

Thought i'd make a funny post for the community during these weird times. I hope this is the right place to post it. The topic...

Matthewrayrgv
replies: 1 views: 492
psycho_monkey 7th January 2021

So, I was going through SoundExchange to see what I had floating around out there and found out that UMG has claimed 100% rights...

soundrick
replies: 11 views: 892
Jeff Hayat 1st January 2021

I have wondered since my teenage years at what point did the devaluing of maturity and mature artists become a reality regarding...

boombapdame
replies: 28 views: 1,437
MikeInOttawa 29th December 2020

Hey guys, I want to make some changes in my life after the Covid Pandemic, and I was seriously wondering, how...

Lfoxxx
replies: 6 views: 905
Lfoxxx 22nd December 2020

Hey folks, is there a database where one you look up who mixed, recorded, mastered etc. a given track? Thx. Stanley

Klangarchitekten
replies: 2 views: 1,262
Klangarchitekten 21st December 2020

Hi guys and girls! I'm completely new here so I'll just go ahead and answer some burning questions. I have developed enough...

MusicbyEros
replies: 1 views: 577
psycho_monkey 19th December 2020

Hi everyone, I work for a 2 man audio services and production company in the UK and we've been picking up work on the Freelancing...

Indican_sound
replies: 9 views: 8,021
frans 15th December 2020

Hi there guys! I´d love to know if soundbetter.com is worth paying in order to get production or mixing work, anyone here had...

MADA
replies: 3 views: 1,661
frans 15th December 2020

I'm about to pull the trigger on their yearly subscription, their sale is ending tomorrow... Is it worth it? What I'm looking...

Deleted 5edf3fa
replies: 29 views: 5,973
ragnarokzwei 26th November 2020

I have a few offers on the table for my album, my previous deal was library music. I understand there is no real money to be...

Pip
replies: 3 views: 758
Pip 25th November 2020

Hello, I have no idea where to post this thread. I’m wanting to trademark my bands’ name. Who do you recommend for submitting...

ob1
replies: 6 views: 872
Crazy4Jazz 18th November 2020

Hello all, new here. I found this site thru some extensive googling. I am a graphic / video / web designer and am looking for...

carpediemtara
replies: 2 views: 658
BrianFoster 13th November 2020

Because... why not? It costs something like $200-300. Not like a real label with promotion, marketing and all that stuff....

Deleted 6833614
replies: 230 views: 5,689
psycho_monkey 8th November 2020

Look at all the Churches now days, with massive complex sound systems, that need advise here, from Slutz. Sometimes My or Our...

Rick Dalton
replies: 34 views: 1,673
Brent Hahn 20th October 2020

Alright everyone, let's talk about sound replacement, specifically for drums. Do you use it, or are you against it? Why or why...

Family Tree
replies: 0 views: 587
Family Tree 19th October 2020

Moderators