The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Bitwig Studio 3
Old 14th August 2019 | Show parent
  #121
Gear Head
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentleclockdivid ➡️
They should have thought about that before commiting to it
I think you have yet to realize that Bitwig has different priorities than you and that many people agree with them. Honestly it’s starting to get annoying seeing you complain about this on every online forum.

Last edited by brownerthanu; 14th August 2019 at 08:07 PM.. Reason: Missed word
Old 15th August 2019
  #122
Lives for gear
 
gentleclockdivid's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
What are you on about ?
I posted it here and on kvr audio , that's hardly EVERY online forum .
Get over it
Old 15th August 2019
  #123
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
The Bitwig team are quite easy to get hold of and suggest ideas to - they have a dedicated area on there own site https://answers.bitwig.com/questions/ - Dom has answered over 2000 questions, but there are other Bitwig Dev there as well....KVR/Slutz occasionally has sanity, but I recommend the Bitwig Q/A or direct e-mail rather than posting on forums, it won't help....Only the BWS Dev's can realy help/implement these issues, so go to them directly!

Its realy days with the Grid, I am sure we can all agree that for an initial release (Grid 1) it is pretty impressive and well formed- I much prefer it over MAX 7 and Reaktor for 'most' things musical...but it can (and will) only get better with time and updates 2-3 times a year (I dont think we have ever had less than 3 decent updates a year!)

Last edited by SLiC; 15th August 2019 at 12:59 PM.. Reason: added more....
Old 16th August 2019 | Show parent
  #124
Lives for gear
 
ataylor's Avatar
yawn... - wake me up when we can put midi and vsts into this thing... sigh.. facepalm



Quote:
Originally Posted by SLiC ➡️
The Bitwig team are quite easy to get hold of and suggest ideas to - they have a dedicated area on there own site https://answers.bitwig.com/questions/ - Dom has answered over 2000 questions, but there are other Bitwig Dev there as well....KVR/Slutz occasionally has sanity, but I recommend the Bitwig Q/A or direct e-mail rather than posting on forums, it won't help....Only the BWS Dev's can realy help/implement these issues, so go to them directly!

Its realy days with the Grid, I am sure we can all agree that for an initial release (Grid 1) it is pretty impressive and well formed- I much prefer it over MAX 7 and Reaktor for 'most' things musical...but it can (and will) only get better with time and updates 2-3 times a year (I dont think we have ever had less than 3 decent updates a year!)
Old 16th August 2019 | Show parent
  #125
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataylor ➡️
yawn... - wake me up when we can put midi and vsts into this thing... sigh.. facepalm
You have always been able to do that through the unified modulation system in the rack- the inputs and outputs are 'wireless' - it doesn't have the same limitations as MAX/Live- it is truly integrated from the core, connections are made to and from the DAW (rack) to the grid for processing either way.
Old 16th August 2019
  #126
Lives for gear
 
ataylor's Avatar
I kind of want to be able to load in any main instrument but modulate it with midi out from another vst.. and ditch the vst's audio.. for example using a kontakt instrument arp as a midi arp for a 2ndary instrument inside of the grid.

sadly the best arppegiator is arpology but they refuse to make it a midi only instrument.. i don't give a crap about the inbuilt sounds but still have NOT found a better arp itself.
i jsut kind of wish it wasn't trapped inside of a kontakt instrument!!!!!!!
Old 16th August 2019 | Show parent
  #127
Gear Head
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataylor ➡️
I kind of want to be able to load in any main instrument but modulate it with midi out from another vst.. and ditch the vst's audio.. for example using a kontakt instrument arp as a midi arp for a 2ndary instrument inside of the grid.

sadly the best arppegiator is arpology but they refuse to make it a midi only instrument.. i don't give a crap about the inbuilt sounds but still have NOT found a better arp itself.
i jsut kind of wish it wasn't trapped inside of a kontakt instrument!!!!!!!
If Arpology can output midi then you can easily use to trigger another instrument. Does it?
Old 17th August 2019 | Show parent
  #128
Lives for gear
 
ataylor's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownerthanu ➡️
If Arpology can output midi then you can easily use to trigger another instrument. Does it?
Its a kontakt instrument.. so yes i can.. but at the moment if were talking not hosting it in a modular fashion don't see the point i could put bidule on each track and do that in ableton. I was hoping the grid could chain vsts to make it seemless per track
Old 21st October 2020 | Show parent
  #129
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
Is anyone else aware of the problem with bitwigs audio engine where it goes slightly out of phase every so often? I noted my bounces were not quite right timing wise and since reading up on it i have seen multiple posts about the audio engine.
I am back in live for the moment, but i miss so much about bitwig.
Anyone know if there are plans to fix this?
Old 21st October 2020 | Show parent
  #130
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Carlyon ➡️
Is anyone else aware of the problem with bitwigs audio engine where it goes slightly out of phase every so often? I noted my bounces were not quite right timing wise and since reading up on it i have seen multiple posts about the audio engine.
I am back in live for the moment, but i miss so much about bitwig.
Anyone know if there are plans to fix this?
I have not seen any post on this (and there are a lot of Bitwig posts on the KVR Bitwig forum!) - what version were you using and I can try it (I am on PC, 3.2 and 3.3 demo)
Old 21st October 2020 | Show parent
  #131
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLiC ➡️
I have not seen any post on this (and there are a lot of Bitwig posts on the KVR Bitwig forum!) - what version were you using and I can try it (I am on PC, 3.2 and 3.3 demo)
I am on the latest version of BW2. If i can get to the bottom of this i will upgrade to 3 and move all my future work to BW. I absolutely adore it as a program, so much to love...it is just these timing/phase concerns really.

Appreciate your response. The BW community is also awesome!
Old 23rd October 2020 | Show parent
  #132
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLiC ➡️
I have not seen any post on this (and there are a lot of Bitwig posts on the KVR Bitwig forum!) - what version were you using and I can try it (I am on PC, 3.2 and 3.3 demo)
Did you have any results replicating the phase going in and out? Gonna get in touch with Bitwig and see what they say
Old 23rd October 2020 | Show parent
  #133
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
I just tried it again - copying an audio file, making sure everything is set flat, no audio warping etc etc, then reversing the phase on the second track - i cannot get them to null.
Just saw the teaser for the next bitwig update - man i want to use this program so hard. I love everything about it other than this.
Old 29th November 2020
  #134
Gear Maniac
 
Metasfera's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
This gamechanger can not really do external sync. I tried cubase and logic, no luck. The playhead always moves slower than a master Daw. Spent weeks on this issue and no result.
If someone feels great to ride this problem here is my setup:
Master - Mac Pro 2019 with Cubase 11 sening midi clock (not mts) to ethernet midi.
Slave - iMac Pro 2017 with Bitwig 3.3 recieving midi clock from ethernet midi.
Both 96KHz, 256 buffer size, 32 bit deapth (not sure does it affect or not)
Tried different variations of pointer position, midi mashine control, ... nothing
Bitwig always runs slower than master showing the same tempo on display.
Have to say that Ableton is capable to sync to Cubase in same cofiguration very acceptably.
Old 1st December 2020 | Show parent
  #135
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metasfera ➡️
This gamechanger can not really do external sync. I tried cubase and logic, no luck. The playhead always moves slower than a master Daw. Spent weeks on this issue and no result.
If someone feels great to ride this problem here is my setup:
Master - Mac Pro 2019 with Cubase 11 sening midi clock (not mts) to ethernet midi.
Slave - iMac Pro 2017 with Bitwig 3.3 recieving midi clock from ethernet midi.
Both 96KHz, 256 buffer size, 32 bit deapth (not sure does it affect or not)
Tried different variations of pointer position, midi mashine control, ... nothing
Bitwig always runs slower than master showing the same tempo on display.
Have to say that Ableton is capable to sync to Cubase in same cofiguration very acceptably.
I think this might be related to the timing problem the overall program has.
It slips one sample out of phase every now and then, so it makes sense that it wouldn't sync well with another DAW.
This is literally the single thing stopping me from using BW atm. It is by far the most fun and exciting environment to make music in...but the stability of the audio engine is absolutely crucial.
Old 2nd February 2021 | Show parent
  #136
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
I cracked in the end and got it. The team assured me that the one sample delay is not present on bounced/rendered audio.
Still really hope it gets fixed. But hot damn, I am loving the grid way too much to leave this program.
Still going to mix in S1 v5...because t is freaking amazing for that. But it is really hard to justify not using Bitwig and the grid for all my synthesis duties.

Micro tonal module is amazing. Really so glad for that. Wavetable synth is awesome too. Hope they add some more unison modes and oscillator warping.
The unison modes in Abletons wavetable synth make it incredibly versatile.
Whereas the warping modes in Vital are absolutely stunning.

Also, the new saturator module is awesome. Really glad they included that along with the EQ. A decent saturator was sorely missing.
I hope the compressors get some love soon, they aren't really fit for purpose IMO. But overall, the collection is getting better and better.

One thing I would love is effect modules IN the grid, so we can easily do per voice effects in a quick and speedy manner.

Another thing that would be great is 'sub presets' in the grid. So we could, for example, make a chorus effect, then put it in a box and save/recall it in any other grid instance. That would be a huge time saver.
Old 2nd February 2021 | Show parent
  #137
Lives for gear
 
ataylor's Avatar
i don't know why they haven't leveraged the grid for both vst hosting/chaining as well as fx chaining...wtf would seem very natural this to do...

unless i missed an update i assume this still cannot be done???

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Carlyon ➡️
I cracked in the
end and got it. The team assured me that the one sample delay is not present on bounced/rendered audio.
Still really hope it gets fixed. But hot damn, I am loving the grid way too much to leave this program.
Still going to mix in S1 v5...because t is freaking amazing for that. But it is really hard to justify not using Bitwig and the grid for all my synthesis duties.

Micro tonal module is amazing. Really so glad for that. Wavetable synth is awesome too. Hope they add some more unison modes and oscillator warping.
The unison modes in Abletons wavetable synth make it incredibly versatile.
Whereas the warping modes in Vital are absolutely stunning.

Also, the new saturator module is awesome. Really glad they included that along with the EQ. A decent saturator was sorely missing.
I hope the compressors get some love soon, they aren't really fit for purpose IMO. But overall, the collection is getting better and better.

One thing I would love is effect modules IN the grid, so we can easily do per voice effects in a quick and speedy manner.

Another thing that would be great is 'sub presets' in the grid. So we could, for example, make a chorus effect, then put it in a box and save/recall it in any other grid instance. That would be a huge time saver.
Old 2nd February 2021 | Show parent
  #138
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataylor ➡️
i don't know why they haven't leveraged the grid for both vst hosting/chaining as well as fx chaining...wtf would seem very natural this to do...

unless i missed an update i assume this still cannot be done???
I suppose the issue would be having plugins run one instance per voice - could take a ton of resources to do that.
I personally would love that. Thats WHY I want it, but unless you have a powerful computer, it would be intense on the CPU.

In other news, I just did a shootout between -
Equator 2
Pigments
Vital
The Grid

Used the same wavetable for each, then did another round with filters and tried to match them as best I could.
My suspicions going in - the grid is amazing and sounds good but prob doesn't have the best filters, maybe not the best oscillators (as they would have to optimise and economise so much)
I thought equator would have the best osc and filters, vital coolest warping

What I found - BW oscillators were amazing. Better than equator, very, very similar to pigments (both oversampled to 192 I think, could be why)
Also found the BW filters to be among the best. Ladder sounds almost identical to the one in vital and the only thing that sets pigments apart is a teeny bit of saturation (which you can add obviously)

I was kind of floored to be honest. The grid ended up being my favourite overall.
When you factor in the flexibility, expandability, visual feedback, workflow and integration - Holy ****!!
Old 2nd February 2021 | Show parent
  #139
Lives for gear
 
ataylor's Avatar
I use over 30 to some odd instances of machine for all of my NKS tracks in Live - I play these all in real time and mix with my feet in Vangelis style ...I also have accompanying 30 or so kontakt instances hosting Arpology hosted in Bidule in order to put arpeggiators in between the external keyboards and the tracks in Ableton with those machine instances all off a macbook pro...so there ARE ways but inelegant
Attached Thumbnails
Bitwig Studio 3-fd8acb70-d04d-4b43-a019-4e5ebd1510eb.jpg   Bitwig Studio 3-aac3b5cc-5c50-4c0a-8c1f-da00716cae17.jpg   Bitwig Studio 3-c4a0e1e7-6511-4d71-9bb8-5f28c319b591.jpg  
Old 2nd March 2021 | Show parent
  #140
Gear Maniac
 
slipper's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Hi, can someone please tell me if there is a way to bypass / enable multiple plugins on different channel at once?
Let´s say you select 10 channels in the mixer & want to disable on all first slots of each channel all plugins at once? Thank you
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 4610 views: 606783
Avatar for cabooter
cabooter 4 weeks ago
replies: 97 views: 35273
Avatar for mowmow
mowmow 15th September 2010
replies: 1039 views: 142253
Avatar for Karloff70
Karloff70 5th January 2017
replies: 175 views: 27553
Avatar for Infa
Infa 10th April 2019
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump