reverb.com pauses to take a look at the year's top recording equipment ranked by number of sold units. Many of us might own or definitely heard about the components of this stellar list that will show 10 of the company's top-seller critical gear to recording sessions.

"Releases that were exclusive to Reverb are not reflected in these rankings. And because Reverb is home to individual sellers, independent brick-and-mortars, and makers alike, our rankings include all sales, whether brand new or used." - reverb.com

Shure SM57

On top of this list is an all-time best-seller. The classic Shure has pristine cardioid polar pattern designed to isolate the main sound source while reducing background noises, this dynamic microphone can pick up from 40Hz to 15kHz and is extremely durable under the most adverse working conditions. Known as "the White House standard for every U.S. President since Lyndon B. Johnson" and in production since 1965, the sm57 has been widely applied in drums, vocals, guitar amplifiers or wherever you need a rugged and reliable dynamic microphone.

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen

The second recording gear with higher number of sold units during 2022 in reverb.com is the Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen. The 2-in/ 2-out USB 2.0 type-C audio interface offers two Mic/Instrument combo preamplifiers with switchable Air mode in order to emulate the classic Focusrite ISA 110 preamps. Scarlett 2i2 also has sample rates up to 192kHz, 24-bit, USB bus power, a free 3-month Splice Sounds subscription and the Hitmaker Expansion Pack with tons of plugins to help you through mixing and recording. The little Focusrite red box can be found in reverb.com as well as pretty much everywhere!

Shure SM7B

The SM7B is the successor of the SM7, best known for its work on Michael Jackson's acclaimed Thriller album. The SM7B is a newer version equipped with a larger foam windscreen using the same Unidyne III acoustical principle as its also famous siblings the SM58 and SM57 but with a more delicate diaphragm providing additional detailed sound. It's no surprise to see the SM7B in this list as its preference among streamers and broadcasters continues to grow over the years. The SM7B dynamic type architecture offers content creators the advantage of rejecting background noises otherwise impossible to avoid by using condenser type microphones.

Shure SM58

This classic could not fail to make it to Reverb's list. A true best-seller like the SM57 and SM7B, the SM58 is one of those mics that works on nearly everything. Countless stars sung through its Unidyne diaphragm since 1966, not to mention that this industry workhorse has been seen swirled around by its attached cable, dropped, banged and soaked wet only to be found working again! The SM58 is a dynamic microphone with a cardioid polar pattern, frequency response ranging from 50Hz to 15kHz and is the industry standard for live vocal performance.

Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen

As the baby sister of all ranges of Focusrite's audio interfaces, the Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen is ideal for the home-based solo artist. The Solo 3rd Gen makes use of the pristine Focusrite microphone preamplifier embedded with the Air mode switch. The interface is equipped with one XLR mic input with 48v Phantom Power switch and one high headroom instrument input, both with separated gain level knobs as well as one headphone output and two line level outputs on the back of the unit. As other Scarlett versions, the Solo 3rd Gen also comes with the Hitmaker Expansion pack filled with high profile plug-ins for all stages of music production.

Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd Gen

The Scarlett 18i20 appears as a larger scale representative of the Scarlett family. With 18 inputs and 20 outputs this rack-mountable Focusrite interface has all the aforementioned Scarlett versions features and much more such as a built-in talkback mic, four monitor outs with speaker switching, two headphone outs with individual gain level knobs, MIDI I/O, surround sound support, daisy-chaining (word clock out), optical I/O, plenty of line outs among other attributes and as with all 3rd Gen Scarlett range the 18i20 also offers softwares and plugins for download free of charge.

Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 2nd Gen

As stated by the company's disclaimer right above this list, reverb.com's 2022 top sellers also includes used gear and surprisingly enough we can see an older model competing head-to-head with its own new version. Still in the game today the Scarlett 18i20 2nd Gen appears right below its successor as a budget high-quality interface for those who don't need a USB-C connection or a bundled software pack.

Sennheiser e609

With its flexible positioning design and pristine sounding capsule the Sennheiser e609 rapidly took over audio engineers by ears and hearts while marking its presence as a to-go tool for live instruments close pick-up action. Its supercardioid polar pattern and dynamic architecture puts the e609 among the most preferable choices regarding guitar amplifier's sound capture.

Neumann TLM 103

The highly ubiquitous TLM 103 is not what we can call a budget microphone as there isn't seem to be such adjective regarding Neumann's products, nevertheless we have all the cost-benefit factor and significant flexibility of this large diaphragm capsule condenser microphone inspired by the company's historical flagship LDC. Primarily designed for project studios and broadcast the TLM 103 is widely applied as a modern sounding U87.

Cloud Microphones Cloudlifter CL-1

The Cloudlifter CL-1 is a real blockbuster! Its in-line straight-forward design eased an old time headache for many engineers by properly raising passive ribbon mic's levels without the need of complex and expensive microphone preamps while keeping their great natural sound. The little box' outstanding circuiting works depending on the microphone's output impedance so it won't fry your vintage ribbon mic while smoothing its peaks in the most flexible way, be it working together with a preamp or directly into your preferable device.