The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi! There seems to be alot of talk about bass trapping on the board right now so I thought it was a good idea to post some...

Cojo
replies: 1,367 views: 1,174,506
tparssin 25th August 2022

My dad and I are fed up with peaks and null in the mix and tracking room in our studio. We've decided to build 24 - 2'X4'...

Jason Poulin
replies: 137 views: 204,850
johannburkard 29th August 2018

Today i started a project to build some quadratic residue diffusers. Overall not a difficult project--even though i used only...

jeremycox
replies: 121 views: 216,199
philsaudio 21st February 2017

People might be aware that artificial mineral fibre products (Owen's corning, Rockwool, etc.) may be health hazards (e.g.,...

mashpete
replies: 20 views: 3,127
Burdis 21 hours ago

I feel stupid, I have tried literally everything and nothing works. I’ve tried glue, tape, and a different brand of tape. How...

pooptastic
replies: 0 views: 58
pooptastic 3 days ago

I have 8 acoustic treatment panels and 24 bass traps. The cheapest stuff I could find. How do I apply this stuff to the walls?...

pooptastic
replies: 0 views: 54
pooptastic 4 days ago

Hey, I got acoustic foam and bass traps in the mail. How do I hang it up? I just hung up 3 with lanolin on the back, one fell of...

pooptastic
replies: 0 views: 36
pooptastic 5 days ago

Hi, I have some leftover broadband traps from my old studio. While trying to improve my living room setup, I discovered that...

matskull
replies: 0 views: 167
matskull 4 weeks ago

I swear I've used the search button, but I can't figure out why no one else has had my problem... I need to mount some bass...

JCBitB
replies: 24 views: 13,968
spiderman 4 weeks ago

How would it be to put one or a couple of these in each corner of my mixing room with the packaging on (as on the images) ? Will...

erike123
replies: 1 views: 135
adrumdrum 4 weeks ago

Hi, I've been trolling the net to find out the flow resistance of sheep's wool. I haven't found any data at all and have...

Jaymaster2000
replies: 9 views: 4,566
TomassoAlbinoni 4 weeks ago

I need help some with low frequency issues in my mixing room. At 54-60 hz there's quite a bit of resonance and a large dip around...

erike123
replies: 11 views: 190
thethrillfactor 22nd October 2022

My room is 21' X 13' X 8'. I track (including a drum kit and vocals) and mix in it. The music generally falls between metal, rock...

danbronson
replies: 5 views: 9,054
CaptainNovember7 18th October 2022

I am very concerned about particles / dust / fibers from assorted bass trapping materials getting into the air. I am generally...

replies: 16 views: 8,829
avare 17th October 2022

I've finally started to build my studio. It sure is 90% planning and 10% building as the quote says! The acoustic designer...

ostfisk
replies: 9 views: 1,417
thethrillfactor 14th October 2022

My plan is to build a few N47 Diffusor 1/8 inch fins made of HDF and 3/4 inch well width that is 45" high and approximately...

davecfraser
replies: 12 views: 9,032
jazztronaut 11th October 2022

I have two 80 cm cabinets meeting, one on the rear and one on the side wall creating an empty space in the corner. Will filling...

erike123
replies: 2 views: 174
avare 6th October 2022

Hi guys, As you can see in the pics, I've got a tiny desk space to work with and it's a bookcase/desk, so speakers are in...

pjowsky
replies: 4 views: 226
pjowsky 4th October 2022

Hi All, First, I appreciate your help in advance. I have a back wall (rear, behind the listening position) where a bass trap is...

Briz
replies: 2 views: 233
mirochandler 3rd October 2022

Hi, I have a sound related question, even if this is not strictly coming from my recording room. I have an open space in my...

Kevinpirola
replies: 3 views: 170
Frankie Mumbles 2nd October 2022

Any cheaper alternatives to the PSI Audio AVAA active bass trap?

erike123
replies: 5 views: 594
mirochandler 2nd October 2022

Hello All, Please take a moment to answer the poll above ^ ^ ^ :-). Say you have a rectangular room (aprox. 250 sq ft) you...

camacozie
replies: 10 views: 279
Analogue Mastering 27th September 2022

Hi gearslutz, I was browsing around and I stumbled upon a picture of a Binary Amplitude diffuser, does anyone know how to make...

jrubbernek
replies: 124 views: 93,637
julien79 20th September 2022

Products with density and air flow resistivity data: Terminology: Air Flow Resistivity (in Norwegian: strømningsmotstand) is...

tlindaas
replies: 45 views: 48,130
tviler 15th September 2022

This seemed cool : http://www.mioculture.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=2&idproduct=9 The whole philosophy and...

mahasandi
replies: 16 views: 3,777
avousticgenie 12th September 2022

Howdy I’ve been reading that unwrapped rockwool is really great for bass trapping but what I don’t get is Isn’t the...

loksig
replies: 0 views: 141
loksig 8th September 2022

I have a small room for mixing mostly. 11ft wide x13.5ft long x10ft high. The room is fairly balanced except for a huge boost...

apoynta vue
replies: 1 views: 194
adrumdrum 7th September 2022

Hello! I'm building some membrane absorbers: A sheet of mass-loaded vinyl attached to a wooden frame which is in turn fixed to...

admirablearticle
replies: 10 views: 325
adrumdrum 5th September 2022

I am giving some info for those willing to use Caruso IsoBond (CIB) panels in their projects (they are the best polyester-based...

robertopisa
replies: 15 views: 3,862
Holland2226 31st August 2022

I live in Australia and want to get my hands on the equivalent of Owens Corning 703 to make some bass traps. So far I have found...

Haynesmachine
replies: 20 views: 19,028
hello people 31st August 2022

Hi everyone, I am considering building some bass traps, mostly to improve the sound of my recordings, and I’ve found these hemp...

Holland2226
replies: 0 views: 183
Holland2226 30th August 2022

I've built numerous porous absorbers, membrane absorbers, Helmholtz absorbers, and VPRs within the last years always wondering...

G. E.
replies: 311 views: 106,029
G. E. 24th August 2022

Anyone have any experience with these newish panels from Output? They call them eco-acoustic panels....

celticrogues
replies: 0 views: 221
celticrogues 23rd August 2022

I recently moved and I'm taking the time to level up my studio acoustics and build up some woodworking skills. It's a design...

leemoore
replies: 1 views: 252
leemoore 23rd August 2022

Im making my recording/mixing room and I can't figure out even after reading half a dozen articles if.... 1) I could just use...

gethypedmusic
replies: 8 views: 6,955
Bigroomstudios 19th August 2022

I'm currently looking at what materials are readily available where I live to build corner bass traps out of. The traps will be...

kawakawa
replies: 2 views: 354
kawakawa 19th August 2022

Reason I ask is that I need lightweight stiff panels to use in a cloud for a room….Density seems to be good and I could double...

easyrider
replies: 0 views: 222
easyrider 18th August 2022

Hi- Im planning on treating most of the back wall of my new studio (will set up a build thread on it once I can get on site...

Rtroost
replies: 5 views: 1,682
R2thaO 17th August 2022

Thin materials like drapes are not usually recommended as acoustic treatment, but serious "stage" curtains can be...

Ethan Winer
replies: 2 views: 1,191
Mammoth1689 11th August 2022

I'm about to upgrade my budget foam acoustics to some Vicoustic cinema round premiums, Ultra wavewood ultra lite, and multifusers...

The Crowdpleaser
replies: 0 views: 276
The Crowdpleaser 11th August 2022

After reading pretty much every thread I could find on the subject I am still not clear on what density rockwool I should go with...

azzzy
replies: 16 views: 14,002
SOULSHAKER88 9th August 2022

Going to build some 93” x 24” x 4” bass traps for the vertical corners. 12”-16” gap behind them. Small room: 78.5” x...

strumpystrudel
replies: 0 views: 328
strumpystrudel 8th August 2022

Hi guys, I recently purchased a number of panels and bass traps for my bedroom studio. The foam is manufactured by dunlop (you...

revamped
replies: 11 views: 3,406
Sarahg 7th August 2022

I have received a very good deal for acoustic panels (wood frame, rockwool core, and fabric cover) but I'm a little concerned...

josvel
replies: 1 views: 647
radxge 5th August 2022

(unimportant ramble) When it comes to monitoring & mixing in my studio, I'm mostly happy at this point. Bass I tend to mix...

Tristana
replies: 1 views: 919
radxge 5th August 2022

Hi guys, I've been reading the posts around here for a while, and I figured you'd be interested in this (my apologies if it's a...

gremmy
replies: 173 views: 148,433
thedonkeyrider 17th July 2022

Can get this from a local supplier but worried about the density and airflow resistance. From Spec - Density - ...

WilliamR
replies: 1 views: 678
MF_Kitten 9th July 2022

I'm a voiceover artist who until now had been recording in a closet with some acoustic foam surrounding the walls and a Kaotica...

voxgrl
replies: 12 views: 4,851
Bushman 23rd June 2022

Gonna be building some panels soon and it's got me thinking... Instead of a single 1200x600mm panel on the back wall,...

tetrasect
replies: 0 views: 529
tetrasect 22nd June 2022

Hi, I've been looking for (health-save) alternatives to fiberglass and found a number of materials based on polyester fiber,...

Neutrino
replies: 14 views: 7,579
cowudders 31st May 2022

Does anyone have experience making acoustic panels with comfortboard 80? I was looking to get a hold of rockboard 80 but was told...

davidcortese
replies: 13 views: 1,341
davidcortese 27th May 2022

I'm DIYing 4inch panels for 1st reflection, clouds, and remaining zones. I actually found a local 703 distributer near me,...

Bobalou
replies: 2 views: 1,174
adrumdrum 20th May 2022

So I'm planning on upgrading my room and I was going to build some bass traps for the corner. My main question is should build...

ferrini41
replies: 1 views: 982
ricko 15th May 2022

Moderators