The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi! There seems to be alot of talk about bass trapping on the board right now so I thought it was a good idea to post some...

Cojo
replies: 1,366 views: 1,160,305
Grilled Cheese 26th March 2021

My dad and I are fed up with peaks and null in the mix and tracking room in our studio. We've decided to build 24 - 2'X4'...

Jason Poulin
replies: 137 views: 201,744
johannburkard 29th August 2018

Today i started a project to build some quadratic residue diffusers. Overall not a difficult project--even though i used only...

jeremycox
replies: 121 views: 212,473
philsaudio 21st February 2017
replies: - views: -
Synth Guru 5 days ago

I'm a voiceover artist who until now had been recording in a closet with some acoustic foam surrounding the walls and a Kaotica...

voxgrl
replies: 12 views: 4,280
Bushman 1 week ago

Gonna be building some panels soon and it's got me thinking... Instead of a single 1200x600mm panel on the back wall,...

tetrasect
replies: 0 views: 140
tetrasect 1 week ago

Hi, I've been looking for (health-save) alternatives to fiberglass and found a number of materials based on polyester fiber,...

Neutrino
replies: 14 views: 6,912
cowudders 4 weeks ago

Does anyone have experience making acoustic panels with comfortboard 80? I was looking to get a hold of rockboard 80 but was told...

davidcortese
replies: 13 views: 468
davidcortese 27th May 2022

I'm DIYing 4inch panels for 1st reflection, clouds, and remaining zones. I actually found a local 703 distributer near me,...

Bobalou
replies: 2 views: 763
adrumdrum 20th May 2022

So I'm planning on upgrading my room and I was going to build some bass traps for the corner. My main question is should build...

ferrini41
replies: 1 views: 544
ricko 15th May 2022

Hi, I've got a few GIK FlexRange panels, they're surprisingly effective in the low frequencies. I've got a very small studio...

benferrari
replies: 7 views: 710
benferrari 6th May 2022

Having wonderful success applying the principals of a "Moncrieff Room" to my small listening room. I was previously...

Ipspam
replies: 0 views: 448
Ipspam 2nd May 2022

(unimportant ramble) When it comes to monitoring & mixing in my studio, I'm mostly happy at this point. Bass I tend to mix...

Tristana
replies: 0 views: 471
Tristana 30th April 2022

Hi. I already have several 2 inches panels with black speaker clothing (non glued) and I'd like to change my room's look to make...

Krubbadoo
replies: 2 views: 686
808KickDrum 28th April 2022

I'm going to build some bass traps for my home studio based on Ethan's design. Build a Better Bass Trap I have some...

Deleted User
replies: 29 views: 12,673
starseed 26th April 2022

I am building myself a new studio and a separate listening space. The listening space has record shelfs and I can only fit deep...

kodomo
replies: 5 views: 1,022
kodomo 25th April 2022

I know, another superchunk thread!! but, I've been in a deep dive here on GS for a few months reading every thread on the...

Bobalou
replies: 6 views: 921
pencilextremist 21st April 2022

Hi guys, anybody here can share its experience his experience with Vicoustic bass traps ? in particular : Vari Bass...

DANDI12
replies: 1 views: 1,525
the Lob 19th April 2022
replies: 124 views: 39,058
track 16th April 2022

Hi, I'm looking into straddling some corners in the back of my room (~11'W 13'L 8'H). When I get my listening position...

Ibanezez
replies: 2 views: 798
Bobalou 13th April 2022

I have two 2'x4' pieces of 4" rockwool stacked vertically straddling each corner of my room, and for now, they are just...

recordinghopkins
replies: 10 views: 10,099
WilfredoFernando 30th March 2022

During my studio build last summer, I decided to build my own corner bass traps for the control room and tracking room. Figured...

Classic
replies: 33 views: 53,635
thedommer 29th March 2022

Hello, I was just wondering if there's any difference in effectiveness between a corner trap (one with the sides angles to fit...

aclarson
replies: 31 views: 11,466
adrumdrum 26th March 2022

Hey all! I have the problem that my corners of my home studio room are not ideal for traps. It is by no means a pro studio in...

allandbyallo
replies: 1 views: 708
Kyle P. Gushue 25th March 2022

Hi Guys I bought 5 tri traps for my room this week and they are great. I need to put something either side of my listening...

ajscent
replies: 3 views: 1,296
GalZohar 22nd March 2022

Does anyone here have any experience with the AcoustiGraphix panels by Kinetics Noise Control? I'm not really concerned with...

Bob Ross
replies: 1 views: 825
jackyanto 3rd March 2022

Over the years I have had great success fixing smallish room bass problems with limp mass absorbers. As there are so many...

Tim Farrant
replies: 1,001 views: 485,568
swimnbird 26th February 2022

Okay, so I'm recording drums in my basement. Honestly, I think things are sounding great. Mayyybe my cheap CAD small diaphragms...

T.M.A.
replies: 0 views: 854
T.M.A. 16th February 2022

Anyone used or own these traps or similar? The price is great but does the level of absorption suffer? Recommend or...

Alex D
replies: 1 views: 1,558
jasonsandra 12th February 2022

Starting my DIY panels soon and I've ran into a snag. I was originally going to go for some 24" Roxul Safe n Sound...

roncore
replies: 0 views: 794
roncore 9th February 2022

Hey guys, Looking to treat a room dedicated mainly to mixing (will also be recording some vocals/acoustic guitar/percussion,...

garageBoy_
replies: 1 views: 941
Bushman 6th February 2022

Hi slutz. I was asked to post my email below as a new thread due to the following answer: "Hey man, Thanks for the PM,...

HookedOnHardware
replies: 18 views: 26,301
Little_Radar 5th February 2022

Does anyone have any experience with this? I want to install wood framed panels on lath/plaster walls (no drywall). The panels...

Bender412
replies: 1 views: 1,014
patrickr2018 1st February 2022

Hi all, I’m looking to hire someone to install some GIK Acoustic Panels (that are arriving in March) in my room. I am located...

jzuker
replies: 0 views: 845
jzuker 26th January 2022

Sorry if I missed this in your reference guide. Do you folks have a sticky with this info? Auralex, Sonex, Real Traps, GIK,...

ripple_fx1
replies: 0 views: 814
ripple_fx1 22nd January 2022

I helped a friend out by ordering a bunch of 703 2" through my business. He no longer needs it and now I'm in a sticky...

maxy
replies: 9 views: 2,815
MTB Vince 18th January 2022

This is going to be a three chamber cloud in my live room.

kushyman
replies: 1 views: 1,088
kushyman 6th January 2022

Hey everyone, I’m a beginner, and I’d love some feedback. I got foam before I knew anything about treating a room and I’m...

Kirk7
replies: 1 views: 1,213
Bushman 5th January 2022

Hi all I have just bought some GIK tri traps - 4 of them. I am wondering should they go on the floor or would it be better to...

ajscent
replies: 0 views: 1,141
ajscent 3rd January 2022

Hey fellas, Im planning on building some acoustic panels and bass traps with Owens corning 703. Only thing is im not sure which...

audioman
replies: 30 views: 9,532
LarryCresskill 29th December 2021

Strictly for the purpose of a vocal recording does anyone have any experience with these multiple items compared to each...

aramism
replies: 0 views: 1,141
aramism 27th December 2021

I'm building some broadband absorbers to treat early reflections on my side walls. One of the walls I think must've been a fire...

technocolour v2
replies: 26 views: 10,464
mizzle 21st December 2021

Apologies for yet another thread bemoaning supply challenges for certain materials (eg Owens Corning 703) in Canadian...

PhaseRoll
replies: 0 views: 1,089
PhaseRoll 21st December 2021

TLDR: will putting thick stone fiber panels at the back of this room and in front corners control the bass effectively? Hi, I...

Chris Hawke
replies: 15 views: 1,679
Chris Hawke 20th December 2021

Hi all, apologies for Yet Another Gobo post. :) I built a few rolling gobo/bass traps for my studio space. They are 4' x 6',...

rmedek
replies: 0 views: 1,081
rmedek 13th December 2021

Saw a little YouTube clip about converting canvasses to acoustic panels. My immediate thought was that it would be reflective for...

erikthered
replies: 7 views: 1,357
erikthered 11th December 2021

Hi All I've recently written a porous absorber calculater for my own use and have decided to make it available over the...

prairiedog
replies: 70 views: 25,056
adrumdrum 8th December 2021

Is there any reason not to use a table saw? I want to make several hundred precise cuts relatively quickly. I found a table saw...

slainbabyyc
replies: 8 views: 2,130
sandersd 30th November 2021

Alright everyone, I'm making this post just asking really for some guidance or any advice on anything i could do for my studio...

KevWillow
replies: 2 views: 1,309
KevWillow 29th November 2021

I'm considering some home made panels and bass traps using rock wool insulation. If I cover with tight weave burlap, will that...

Mastiff
replies: 4 views: 1,760
Karloff70 25th November 2021

Hi everyone! Rookie here. So I managed to built my first bass traps. Mineral wool inside a Rectangle super thin wood frame....

ozkanozmen
replies: 2 views: 1,524
ozkanozmen 19th November 2021

Sustainable Insulation | EcoBatt Insulation | Knauf Insulation Anyone have any experience using this Knauf product for deep...

Steve Boynton
replies: 2 views: 2,758
thechrisl 18th November 2021

I'm replacing my GIK TriTraps with DIY superchunks measuring 85cm across the face. This size is convenient both from a room...

ToTo Man
replies: 4 views: 1,429
ToTo Man 15th November 2021

Moderators