Small Room Vocal Recording - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Small Room Vocal Recording
Old 26th January 2013
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Small Room Vocal Recording

Hey, all.

I'm in the process of gathering materials for diy acoustic panels. After much reading, I've decided on a design, gathered the roxul 40, fabric, etc to build 6 4" panels.

The aim is to record vocals for voice over work, audio narration, publication reading for a local organization that works with the visually impaired...that sort of thing.

I've been searching and reading many threads about treatment placement. Most of them seem geared toward listening rooms, which I won't really be doing right now (I'll be monitoring on headphones for the moment). Still, there is a lot of good info. If I'm thinking correctly...I'll ultimately want superchunk traps for all the corners...but I don't have the budget for that right now.

What I have is (6) 2'x4'x4" rockwool panels. And maybe enough budget for 1 superchunk corner. Oh, and I've gathered materials to cobble together a workable plug for the 4'x5'4" window.

So, would the following setup do anything at all? I mean, anything good? Essentially, it's one superchunk corner, 2 panels mounted 4" from the walls adjacent to the corner trap, 2 panels on stands to position as gobos, and 2 panels hung in a cloud above the mic/vocalist.

This is my first time trying to upload an image, so we'll see if this works.

Thanks in advance for your help!

-->dv.

Edit: The ceilings are approximately 8', by the way. And the mic is a LDC.
Attached Thumbnails
Small Room Vocal Recording-image.jpg  
Old 27th January 2013
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Jostle?
Old 29th January 2013
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
242 views and nobody has an opinion or advice?

-->dv.
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…