The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
My room
Old 9th December 2015 | Show parent

🎧 10 years
The total amount of absorbtion that has been removed is 8,5m3.
Old 9th December 2015 | Show parent

🎧 10 years
Now we are going to install the remaing S-paper Wings on the side. This has been remove because of some painting work. The reamaing left overs Golden horn diffusers is put in where place promited.
Attached Thumbnails
My room-dsc_0321.jpg   My room-dsc_0318.jpg  
Old 12th February 2016 | Show parent

🎧 10 years
Hallo!

The S-paper wings is installed on the sides. Also put some AD10 diffusorpanels(leftovers) above the listeningposition.

Sure sounds great
Attached Thumbnails
My room-dsc_0359.jpg   My room-dsc_0361.jpg   My room-dsc_0368.jpg   My room-dsc_0372.jpg  
Old 18th February 2016 | Show parent

🎧 10 years
Hallo!

Before the install of the S paper Wings and on the sidewalls there was absorbtion behind the Golden Horn diffusers we had before but this absorber is removed now. Look at previous pictures of the room.

If looking at the ceiling, the middle part where the Golden Horn is, there is 50mm of Rockwool and behind the Slat Panel infront and behind the Golden Horn. Here I have installed more diffusers as explaned in my thread.

On the front wall there is a large window and is also 200mm of rockwool behind the AD40 and TP300 diffusers. I can change the window to a more soundproof windows, then the absorber will be removed and here I would installed Acrylic Wing Diffusers.

On the slanted walls there is no absorber, Golden Horn is mounted directly to the wall.

The ceiling height is 2,5 meters to the Golden Horn and the real height is 3 meters with an airgap of 0,5 meters.

All of the absorber in my room can be removed behind the diffusers and I woulden't notice any major difference. It is too much work to do so, much more fun listening to music and drinking beer.

If I knew what I know today when I renovated this room I would never build the ceiling up to 3 meters instead build the roof to 2,5 meters and installed the Golden Horn directy to the ceiling and just forgett about the Bolt ratio. But it is little bit to late now.
Old 5th July 2018 | Show parent

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mctwins ➑️
Hallo!

Installed some new JBL 4365 speakers in the house. Driving with Crown DCi 2/600N amp

Sounds great!!! Well, thanks to the room acoustics
Hallo!

I have removed those side boxes(gobos) on the left and right side and only put the S-paper wings ontop the Varitunes and must say that it sound much better this way.

Did experiment with some absorbtion inside those gobos and it sounded much worse.

Can't explain why but it always sounds much better when no absorbtion is being used.
πŸ“ Reply