Quantcast
Rockwool 433 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Rockwool 433
Old 9th February 2009
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Rockwool 433

I was wondering about Rockwool 433, this is a 10cm thick rigid panel 100cmx80cm, with a density of 45kg/m3.

There are two types of these panels the MONO and the DUO. The DUO is quite easily avaiable and I use them before as well. The MONO however is much more difficult to get.

The difference is that the DUO panel one one side has a more rigid surface which is 25mm thick. Probably it's impregnated with some kind of raisin to make it more stiff when sticking it over the steel pins during construction.

Can anybody give me a clue on the probable effect of this layer vs the panel with no threated side, it's not airtight or so but it resambles slightly a panel effect.
Old 9th February 2009
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Just checked some more details about this panel and the 25mm layer is just a higher density. The plate is thus 75mm (45kg/m3) and then 25mm (90kg/m3). Any thoughts on it's behaviour?
Old 9th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
btw, i am ofcourse not asking for any measurement results just a hinch of how it will perform.

Maybe somebody did some testing with different layers of fibreglass like 703 & 705 combined?? (that's basically the same).

I'll be buying tomorrow morning, so any advise would be very welcome!
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…