Quantcast
Compress Roxul Sns for super chunk style? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Compress Roxul Sns for super chunk style?
Old 8th February 2009
Gear Nut

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Compress Roxul Sns for super chunk style?

Yes I have taken a cruise through like posts. If I've missed the answer to this I am happy to be referred.

I emailed Glenn K re this but if others have direct experience with my situation please chime in.

I've been using 16x 48 inch batts of three inch thickness which gives me six right angle triangles with a hypotenuse length of 22 inches. The Roxul mineral wool specs out at 2.5 lbs per cubic foot. I'm finding particularly in the vertical stacks it is compressing so that I'm using about 20 percent more batts than the nominal thickness would indicate. Nonetheless the density is low compared 703 and 705. Is there anything to be gained by compressing the roxul a bit more to absorb more deep low or would doing so actually decrease the LF absorption.

Thanks very much for any input. I'm getting really excited to get back to recording and mixing once I have all the treatments finished!

Brian
📝 Reply