Quantcast
DIY Rocks!!! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DIY Rocks!!!
Old 30th January 2009
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
DIY Rocks!!!

I just got done building my acoustic panels and bass traps for the studio. I got most of my info from here, youtube and some friends of mine. Let me tell you guys: If you don't have your tracking/mixing rooms treated, then go do it now!! The difference is night and day. And you know what? It cost me less than $200 to build seven 4" thick bass traps and seven 2" acoustic panels. I already had the lumber for the frames, so take that into consideration as well. But for the price, wow! It totally helped out the sound in my room. I didnt have to cover every inch of space with panels, just placed them in the right places. I highly recommend building your own to save a bunch of cash. Mine look very professional hanging in the studio. I will try to post pics soon so you all can see what they look like.

Thanks to everyone that gave me advice. You deserve a pat on the back

Now go treat your rooms!

Cheers,
Dave
Old 30th January 2009
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
I just did the same thing. Modular Floated floor, 4 bass traps, 2 diffusers, and some absorption panels. The bass response in insane. I had no idea what my monitors were actually capable of until 3 days ago.
Old 30th January 2009
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanman4254 ➡️
I just got done building my acoustic panels and bass traps for the studio. I got most of my info from here, youtube and some friends of mine. Let me tell you guys: If you don't have your tracking/mixing rooms treated, then go do it now!! The difference is night and day. And you know what? It cost me less than $200 to build seven 4" thick bass traps and seven 2" acoustic panels. I already had the lumber for the frames, so take that into consideration as well. But for the price, wow! It totally helped out the sound in my room. I didnt have to cover every inch of space with panels, just placed them in the right places. I highly recommend building your own to save a bunch of cash. Mine look very professional hanging in the studio. I will try to post pics soon so you all can see what they look like.

Thanks to everyone that gave me advice. You deserve a pat on the back

Now go treat your rooms!

Cheers,
Dave
It is the least expensive thing and has the biggest impact IMO on quality.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…