Quantcast
Do absorbers/traps cause less sound to travel to your neighbors? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Do absorbers/traps cause less sound to travel to your neighbors?
Old 26th January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Do absorbers/traps cause less sound to travel to your neighbors?

Would have all corners fill with monster traps, and had broad band traps for some reflections as well... how would this impact the amount of sound bleeding into other rooms of the house?

Obviously, the much more notable effect is the acoustics in the room... but as an added bonus, does an amount of coverage "absorb" a noticeable amount of sound?

I mean, when I talk to one of my panels, it eats my voice up like a deadzone.. so does that still have that impact, when the coverage isn't to much as to ruin acoustics of the room (ie, make it too dead and sterile)

I'm not asking if it soundproofs (lol) but if there would be an audible impact
Old 26th January 2009
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Obviously, the much more notable effect is the acoustics in the room... but as an added bonus, does an amount of coverage "absorb" a noticeable amount of sound?
If anything your neighbors would not even hear the difference. Soundproofing is a totally different animal.

Glenn
Old 26th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Kuras ➑️
If anything your neighbors would not even hear the difference. Soundproofing is a totally different animal.

Glenn
Gotcha, thx.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…