The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By PluginBoutique
Options
Announcement: Welcome to the "DAW talk" subforum area Whitecat
9th May 2017 Views: 19,107
Views: 19,107
9th May 2017
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Important Update on Upcoming Creative Tools Price Adjustments We wanted to give you a heads up on some important changes...

Realtugs
replies: 831 views: 56,383
Chevron 14th September 2020

Hi All, I bought a fully maxxed out 2018 Mac Mini last year. It's an extremely fast and powerful machine but have noticed that...

recall
replies: 11 views: 490
Dosxxx 1 day ago

I may be opening a can of worms here, and this may be more appropriate for the DUC AVID forums but I have a lot more fun here at...

ibanman555
replies: 3 views: 1,508
Bassneck 2 days ago

Hi there, Apologies in advance for any newbie/luddite factors inherent in this post. I'm hoping to get to the bottom an issue...

DanL
replies: 4 views: 656
kennomac 2 days ago

See my video where I share my thoughts on the implementation of Avid's Hybrid Engine for HDX. I also ask the question of Avid...

barryjohns
replies: 9 views: 305
KevWind 2 days ago

Hi, We've been waiting for a long time for Izotope of officially support Big Sur and Exponential Audio Reverbs. I need to move...

Wilburguy
replies: 1 views: 90
facej 2 days ago

I am on a Pro Tools subscription using the latest release. While recording with a UAD Apollo Twin thunderbolt interface on an...

theguitarfreak
replies: 4 views: 116
Ragan 3 days ago

Hi, I'm thinking of getting an Omni (now i’m using PT HD 12). I don't know the answer to two questions: Is the Omni compatible...

azoli
replies: 1 views: 119
originalscottyg 5 days ago

Hello all. Hope you are doing well. Need your suggestions though. So basically i have a stereo set up for protools. 12.3 with...

Auro9
replies: 2 views: 153
Wizzomixer 1 week ago

Avid discontinued their PCIe HD Native cards (wonder why). What are the options if somebody needs to continue using their HD IO...

snowplaysmusic
replies: 0 views: 89
snowplaysmusic 1 week ago

Hey! 2 problems and both of them are about pro tools and midi, coincidence?.... The first problem is that my midi notes...

PaperBrosBeatz
replies: 38 views: 3,877
[email protected] 2 weeks ago

This should be simple but sadly, no. I have an aggregate device consistion of UA Apollo 16 (old version) and Orion HD...

loveslap
replies: 1 views: 97
EdgarRothermich 2 weeks ago

Hello! This is my first time posting so I hope I'm putting this in the right place. I recently handed down my iPad Air 2 to...

Tone Ghost
replies: 8 views: 4,701
mattrixx 2 weeks ago

Hi All I am wanting to use some of the newer plugins around and some are creeping into being OSX 10.9 as a minimum. I have an...

davidwilson
replies: 7 views: 2,831
theo aronson 3 weeks ago

Hello All, I have been unable to turn up the answer to this .. but I think I know what it is. I am running PTUltimate 2019 using...

YogaBone
replies: 2 views: 109
YogaBone 3 weeks ago

Hello I was wondering if it is possible to map plug ins as I wish, using a dock I’d like to have the Q as a dedicated knob...

elan
replies: 5 views: 1,593
Dor 3 weeks ago

I just built a new workstation class PC to run Pro Tools, and am having a heck of a time finding an audio interface. The...

Scott Lee
replies: 23 views: 5,013
PDXOR 3 weeks ago

I never thought I'd do this :facepalm: I have been building PCs for over fifteen years. But... I think I've had it with Pro Tools...

snowplaysmusic
replies: 4 views: 230
ejinbc 3 weeks ago

Well it's soon coming to an end for my 003 console.(sad) Software driver & Firewire400 at an end. Waiting for the new...

Ron Obvious
replies: 0 views: 172
Ron Obvious 4 weeks ago

Does anyone know if the (apparently successfully hacked) Catalina installer that works with 2010-2012 Mac Pros would interfere in...

Ted Spencer
replies: 0 views: 102
Ted Spencer 4 weeks ago

Hey all, I've been dealing with a bug (albeit by using an older version) for about two years now. I'm starting to get fed up and...

Sabored
replies: 1 views: 260
Sabored 4 weeks ago

My sends to Aux tracks sometimes have latency problems and it creates a double effect. I do have a lot of busses and a lot of...

thirdwise
replies: 2 views: 235
Ben Jenssen 4 weeks ago

Drumagog doesn't launch on latest PT 2020 Ultimate new Mac Pro 16 core Catalina 10.15.7 my most used sample trigger program. and...

RoundBadge
replies: 13 views: 494
RoundBadge 4 weeks ago

But currently only supported on intel based Mac's Drops support for High Sierra...

KevWind
replies: 5 views: 376
DJ Bechara 8th May 2021

Hey Guys, I'm still hanging onto my Digi 192's but want to know if many of you consider them Dinasors? While I can move to...

Cajun Bob
replies: 39 views: 4,350
IM WHO YOU THINK 7th May 2021

ADC question here: Should you record ONLY with record tracks routed straight to physical output? What's the best practice here...

drewharris
replies: 2 views: 214
drewharris 7th May 2021

I have read the FAQ from AVID and still can't get true clarity on this. Will it extend your Ultimate subscription, or just...

oceantracks
replies: 1 views: 182
EdgarRothermich 6th May 2021

I have two pro tools systems TDM/tracking and Native/mixing. I was slated to buy an HD omni, but I got sick and lost the deal,...

IM WHO YOU THINK
replies: 5 views: 503
IM WHO YOU THINK 5th May 2021

Hi all. I currently own and use the Apogee Symphony IO MK1 and am considering upgrading to the MK2. My question relates to...

withintheflux
replies: 7 views: 1,812
darkwavo 4th May 2021

Hi, I recently added some new shortcuts to pro tools using the keyboard preferences on Mac. Is it possible to create shortcuts...

100gamberi
replies: 6 views: 215
richbreen 29th April 2021

Hello all, I've been left with the task of updating a recording studio for a Boys and Girls Club. The recording studio is...

shanebgcv
replies: 16 views: 2,824
pneyrinck 28th April 2021

Hi there, had a quick question...... I'm buying a new computer with the newest (or one of the newer) version of Pro Tools on...

thebreaksnyc
replies: 6 views: 419
originalscottyg 27th April 2021

Today I saw an AVID Instagram post showing Control being used on an iPhone. I imagine this may be useful. I have an S1 and iPad...

Todd M
replies: 3 views: 228

Hey all! I got a new computer so dealing with the troubles as always. So its Protools 11.0.3 and the OS is 10.15 Catalina. I got...

lanyap3510
replies: 2 views: 175

Hi I'm using protools 2020 I'm inserting a Lexicon reverb on my I/O 1-2 and a Lexicon Delay on my I/O 3-4 each inserted on an...

JimmyBoyZ
replies: 14 views: 1,776
HVY 27th April 2021

Hi all Any suggestions for a Mac AAX-DSP brick wall limiter? I own a bunch of Native AAX ones, but in some situations a...

mixerguy
replies: 17 views: 481
Tim67 26th April 2021

Hey Guys, I'm puzzled as it suddenly stopped working. Works in other apps and worked fine until yesterday. I use a track pad...

domino
replies: 2 views: 121
domino 23rd April 2021

Does anyone know of a system that gets equally low RTL that HDX gets? Like many of us, I'm tired of being in the Avid...

jason kalman
replies: 228 views: 12,905
KimGitz 21st April 2021

Hello, When I hold down the command key and adjust the fader in pt mixer with my mouse it moves fader by 0.1 db increments. Is...

Guitarist9891
replies: 2 views: 146
Guitarist9891 21st April 2021

With Avids release of the Carbon interface late last year, came Hybrid DSP/Native ability . Now is said to be coming for HDX...

KevWind
replies: 2 views: 279
KevWind 20th April 2021

Pro Tools is exclusively Windows 10 now, if I understand correctly. I'm on Windows 7, using Studio One, will demo Ableton over...

razorboy
replies: 2 views: 208
Ben Jenssen 19th April 2021

Hi, so I'm getting this error: "Could not complete your request because Pro Tools could not set sample rate to specified...

vmc.mariana
replies: 3 views: 5,008
Dodgedis 19th April 2021

Still running a 2011 MBP with PT12 but looking to upgrade in 2021/2022 Anyone running PT on a M1 macbook currently? Looking...

tonejunkee
replies: 2 views: 324
tonejunkee 16th April 2021

Hello, After messing around for two hours trying to get BD to conform correctly to a custom swing groove I made, I finally...

Coconut_Head
replies: 4 views: 252
Coconut_Head 16th April 2021

I’m one of the many people who use an HD native to link up my Burl Mothership, and don’t use Pro Tools. As a result acquiring...

Rezivor
replies: 19 views: 3,702
klyde 15th April 2021

I'm a long time Sonar user and just made the switch to Pro Tools but I can't seem to figure out a super basic task. Often in...

edaub1
replies: 1 views: 208
musicman691 13th April 2021

So tired of all the latency issues when recording external gear. Nudging files around is such a workflow killer. How do gearslutz...

Jambox811
replies: 7 views: 234
Jambox811 12th April 2021

Hello everyone! I purchased a behringer x-touch along with 2 x-touch extender to use with Pro Tools 12 in HUI mode. I am...

antony.chourot
replies: 1 views: 255
Nickel99 11th April 2021

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me with this issue. I am in grid mode and only SOME of the gridlines are showing.I...

bmaaudiomelb
replies: 5 views: 1,397
Dodecashedron7 11th April 2021

I am just getting back into recording after a 4 year absence. I plan to use the latest version of Pro Tools on a Mac. I will...

peterp123
replies: 24 views: 3,266
axeman_uk 10th April 2021

I've been having a consistent problem in PT 12 but not in PT 20 ... in 12 when I'm using outboard gear the with delay...

austinbdot
replies: 4 views: 453
ArchiDeep 7th April 2021

Moderators