The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By PluginBoutique
Options
Announcement: Welcome to the "DAW talk" subforum area Whitecat
9th May 2017 Views: 18,511
Views: 18,511
9th May 2017
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Important Update on Upcoming Creative Tools Price Adjustments We wanted to give you a heads up on some important changes...

Realtugs
replies: 831 views: 55,548
Chevron 14th September 2020

Hey all! I got a new computer so dealing with the troubles as always. So its Protools 11.0.3 and the OS is 10.15 Catalina. I got...

lanyap3510
replies: 1 views: 83
ambiguous signal 21 hours ago

Does anyone know of a system that gets equally low RTL that HDX gets? Like many of us, I'm tired of being in the Avid...

jason kalman
replies: 228 views: 12,206
KimGitz 23 hours ago

Hello, When I hold down the command key and adjust the fader in pt mixer with my mouse it moves fader by 0.1 db increments. Is...

Guitarist9891
replies: 2 views: 77
Guitarist9891 1 day ago

With Avids release of the Carbon interface late last year, came Hybrid DSP/Native ability . Now is said to be coming for HDX...

KevWind
replies: 2 views: 101
KevWind 1 day ago

Pro Tools is exclusively Windows 10 now, if I understand correctly. I'm on Windows 7, using Studio One, will demo Ableton over...

razorboy
replies: 2 views: 152
Ben Jenssen 2 days ago

Hi, so I'm getting this error: "Could not complete your request because Pro Tools could not set sample rate to specified...

vmc.mariana
replies: 3 views: 4,710
Dodgedis 2 days ago

Today I saw an AVID Instagram post showing Control being used on an iPhone. I imagine this may be useful. I have an S1 and iPad...

Todd M
replies: 2 views: 140
Todd M 3 days ago

Still running a 2011 MBP with PT12 but looking to upgrade in 2021/2022 Anyone running PT on a M1 macbook currently? Looking...

tonejunkee
replies: 2 views: 219
tonejunkee 5 days ago

Hello, After messing around for two hours trying to get BD to conform correctly to a custom swing groove I made, I finally...

Coconut_Head
replies: 4 views: 180
Coconut_Head 5 days ago

I’m one of the many people who use an HD native to link up my Burl Mothership, and don’t use Pro Tools. As a result acquiring...

Rezivor
replies: 19 views: 3,629
klyde 6 days ago

I'm a long time Sonar user and just made the switch to Pro Tools but I can't seem to figure out a super basic task. Often in...

edaub1
replies: 1 views: 137
musicman691 1 week ago

Hi there, had a quick question...... I'm buying a new computer with the newest (or one of the newer) version of Pro Tools on...

thebreaksnyc
replies: 5 views: 311
musicman691 1 week ago

So tired of all the latency issues when recording external gear. Nudging files around is such a workflow killer. How do gearslutz...

Jambox811
replies: 7 views: 160
Jambox811 1 week ago

Hello everyone! I purchased a behringer x-touch along with 2 x-touch extender to use with Pro Tools 12 in HUI mode. I am...

antony.chourot
replies: 1 views: 162
Nickel99 1 week ago

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me with this issue. I am in grid mode and only SOME of the gridlines are showing.I...

bmaaudiomelb
replies: 5 views: 1,320
Dodecashedron7 1 week ago

I am just getting back into recording after a 4 year absence. I plan to use the latest version of Pro Tools on a Mac. I will...

peterp123
replies: 24 views: 2,614
axeman_uk 1 week ago

I've been having a consistent problem in PT 12 but not in PT 20 ... in 12 when I'm using outboard gear the with delay...

austinbdot
replies: 4 views: 373
ArchiDeep 2 weeks ago

Hi all, I have a quick question. I've been using Pro Tools LE since version 5 on Mac OS 9. I'm currently still using version...

jeffgoobs
replies: 7 views: 3,599
illeos 2 weeks ago

Why is there an increase in the lower octaves of frequencies (~150Hz and lower) when using this plug-in chain? I have a spoken...

cetanorak
replies: 1 views: 116
richbreen 2 weeks ago

Looking for one of the common plugins, that would allow me to have either a LPF or one of the treble bands on an EQ, lock to the...

Ron Obvious
replies: 1 views: 113
richbreen 2 weeks ago

Pro Tools 2021.3 is finally released. with macOS11 support but not yet fully Apple Silicon ready...

EdgarRothermich
replies: 15 views: 1,002
~ufo~ 2 weeks ago

Hi If I give a session to my assistent, but she doesn't have all the plugins I used, she edits it and gives me the session back,...

the Lob
replies: 1 views: 145
EdgarRothermich 2 weeks ago

Hello! Long time pro tools user here, only my second year or so using pro tools strictly on Windows 10 instead of mac.. One...

dg00d
replies: 0 views: 103
dg00d 3 weeks ago

Hi, Everyone I had been searching the web for solutions to my problem but always come back empty-handed. I found some posts...

SpoiltheChild
replies: 2 views: 752
beingsmythos 3 weeks ago

Hi all, I'm on a Mac 2010 12 core with no cards and running my Pro Tools HD software leftover from an older rig. Soundcard is...

phillus
replies: 2 views: 138
phillus 3 weeks ago

Anybody here running a new iMac 27 with Pro Tools? Maybe with a Focusrite 8 or equiv? A pal looking to build a new Mac rig. He's...

hearttimes
replies: 8 views: 354
hearttimes 3 weeks ago

Hi there! A quick question: I'm running a big session in Pro Tools now and the 1024 buffer size is getting too small, the...

Hugo Tromp
replies: 2 views: 162
T_R_S 3 weeks ago

Hi There Does anybody know what know what a little vertical dash means, right beside my send 1 & 2 numbers? It appears...

thedonkeyrider
replies: 5 views: 169
jwh1192 4 weeks ago

Posting here since I didn't have an account at the duc and I can't post there until the mods aprove it. On avid's site it...

prog
replies: 3 views: 301
prog 4 weeks ago

Question for D-Command users who also have the recent MDW-EQ6. Do you have the ability to turn the band solo feature on and...

Wilburguy
replies: 0 views: 139
Wilburguy 4 weeks ago

I have my Pro Tools IO set up for a few different monitoring chains to feed my Central Station. I specifically un-mirror my...

drewharris
replies: 2 views: 303
drewharris 4 weeks ago

Hi there, I’m having some issues with the click track not playing correctly when introducing negative bars on Pro Tools...

Spaddie
replies: 0 views: 130
Spaddie 4 weeks ago

Hey everyone, i'm looking for different options of Thunderbolt 3 Expansion Chassis that will be compatible with my Avid HD Native...

fluff97
replies: 2 views: 237
fluff97 4 weeks ago

The quick read is.. Dynamic Plugin Processing does not deactivate plugins on audio tracks with no active regions, when the...

McMasters
replies: 0 views: 188
McMasters 4 weeks ago

Hello. So after buying a new lenovo P50 i started doing the classical list of windows optimizations to make it run as good as...

athlon64
replies: 64 views: 19,724
prado escondido 4 weeks ago

So I just bought PT fromt he store. Brand new factory sealed. The code does not work. The store tells me to contact Avid. I...

arsmusic
replies: 6 views: 307
arsmusic 4 weeks ago

Please tell me I'm wrong... I've had the HD Omni for years. I FINALLY, after 16 years of using all softwares other than Pro...

edaub1
replies: 0 views: 187
edaub1 18th March 2021

Hey everyone, I couldn't find an answer anywhere on the internet, so I figured I'd share it here. Two of the faders were...

Masecar
replies: 4 views: 1,938
Gerax 16th March 2021

I recently installed protools first on a Microsoft V.M. during my AZURE trial and I have to say it works. I want to go ahead a...

controlwizard
replies: 4 views: 1,599
Brb 16th March 2021

I was thinking of buying the Artist Mix. Do you guys like it? Is it worth to buy? Im also wondering if it will go on sale when...

subliminalthakid
replies: 4 views: 1,033
McMasters 16th March 2021

Im kind of in disbelief that sidechain delay compensation isnt supported in Pro Tools unless you're on HDX. Sidechaining seems...

dthflcn
replies: 10 views: 3,038
phillus 15th March 2021

Hi, Any Avid S3 users here? I'm trying to figure out what direction I want to go with my next Mixer/controller. I use...

Progmatic-Studios
replies: 9 views: 1,990
Progmatic-Studios 15th March 2021

Hi everyone, I know this is a very-known issue but I'd wanted to take stock of the solutions you all have found to resolve...

fictionman
replies: 5 views: 1,499
wilfriedd 14th March 2021

I am running the latest OSX Catalina, latest PT 2020, Kensington Expert Trackball with latest Kensington driver/control panel,...

climber
replies: 1 views: 141
climber 13th March 2021

I need help understanding what my options are. I am currently running PT 12.5.1 but just switched to a new Macbook with...

MattMatthews
replies: 1 views: 121
Dor 12th March 2021

Does Avid send any discount vouchers at the completion of a trial of PT? The trial is Ultimate but I would want regular...

macmuse
replies: 8 views: 289
macmuse 10th March 2021

Hey there! I am running ProTools Ultimate 2020 on a 2013 Mac Pro, OS Catalina. I am using an LG Ultrafine 5k as my monitor...

colelumpkin
replies: 1 views: 131
snogroove 10th March 2021

Hi. I unfortunately erased my drive and don't have anymore my installer for Pro Tools 12.5 for Mac. My subscription is also...

davidparis77
replies: 17 views: 6,359
Vlad_01 8th March 2021

Hoy Im thinking about buying a used MBox3 or mbox3 pro just to get pro tools outside the silly subscription traps, i have a late...

SkyStudios
replies: 1 views: 114
SkyStudios 8th March 2021

posting this as a request from another user

T_R_S
replies: 0 views: 115
T_R_S 8th March 2021

Moderators