PT11 Mavericks Horizontal Scrolling not working - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
PT11 Mavericks Horizontal Scrolling not working
Old 12th March 2014
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
PT11 Mavericks Horizontal Scrolling not working

PT11 Mavericks Horizontal Scrolling not working ,, as the title says .. i just loaded up PT11 on mavericks and found that my Apple Mighty Mouse does not scroll horizontal anymore ... i read to use the Shift Key to scroll horizontal but it is really really slow at best ... this is a drag as now my workflow is seriously hindered ...

can anyone with an Apple Mighty Mouse confirm this ... i have read some things on Apple Forums and it seems to be a bug but it has been going on for a long time now

thank you for any help

john
Old 12th March 2014
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
confirmed this is only an issue in mavericks .. beware if you use your mouse for horizontal scrolling that this could be a problem ..
Old 12th March 2014
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
another friend confirms that horizontal scrolling is not working or you have to use the shift key (mine stutters or does not work at all) to scroll horizontally ...
Old 12th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Humm ? If your talking about something like horizontal scrolling back and forth over the wave form in the edit window so as to be able to spot the cursor any where in the song. And are you talking about the Apple Bluetooth mouse and just swiping your finger horizontally in the middle of it ?

Because that works fine on my system, I'm on a Mac Pro with Maverics 10.9.1 and PTHDN 11.1.2 . ???
Old 12th March 2014
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
hi kev, i am speaking about horizontal scrolling of the window itself ... not over a waveform ... just moving the window back and forth ... i.e.: say you are zoomed in on a Clip or a section of a project but you do not want to have to zoom out and then select and zoom back in or you just want to move a little to the left or right - this is not working for me with Wired Apple Mighty Mouse .. john
Old 12th March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 ➑️
hi kev, i am speaking about horizontal scrolling of the window itself ... not over a waveform ... just moving the window back and forth ... i.e.: say you are zoomed in on a Clip or a section of a project but you do not want to have to zoom out and then select and zoom back in or you just want to move a little to the left or right - this is not working for me with Wired Apple Mighty Mouse .. john
I think we are talking about the same thing just different semantics. But just to clarify I'm talking about scrolling in just the actual liner editing section (or widow If you prefer ) on the right side of the entire Edit view window.
That section, that shows the audio clips and waveforms or midi clips and notes etc

Referring to the screenshot below

Say if Im in clips view on a midi track and zoom into just the highlighted section (see below) in the upper two tracks, and I horizontal scroll back and forth then yes the actual editing section scrolls left and right regardless of the zoom level. But the entire edit view does not move for example when scrolling right later in time the editing section slides under the IO section of the edit view window.
does that help?
Old 12th March 2014
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
no, thats not it ... forget about pro tools for the moment and open a finder window ... now make sure you have a scroll bar at the bottom (close your window a little if need be to make one appear ... now try and scroll horizontally ... john
Old 13th March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
no, thats not it ... forget about pro tools for the moment and open a finder window ... now make sure you have a scroll bar at the bottom (close your window a little if need be to make one appear ... now try and scroll horizontally ... john
sorry for the confusion

Yes works fine. Opened up Applications or Mac HD or Documents etc. narrowed until grey scroll bar appears, then scroll left and right on mouse or scroll bar to see all the apps or folders , same inside any of the folders ??. The only difference It seems is mine is wireless ?
Old 13th March 2014
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
kev, thank you for trying this out ... i will keep digging ... another friend has same issue ... i am set on vertical and horizontal scrolling under the mouse prefs ... the little Ball on top of my Mouse just will not do it ... thanks again for your time .. john
Old 13th March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
kev, thank you for trying this out ... i will keep digging ... another friend has same issue ... i am set on vertical and horizontal scrolling under the mouse prefs ... the little Ball on top of my Mouse just will not do it ... thanks again for your time .. john
Sorry I guess I thought the magic wireless would be more or less the same. But for one there is no ball. I just swipe my finger horizontal on the top surface of the Magic Mouse
Old 13th March 2014
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Ah .. i did not know that is how it works ... maybe i should look for one of that wireless mouse like you have ...
Old 19th March 2014
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I'm running PT11 HD|N TB into a Mac Mini running Mavericks and I have had no scroll or any other problems of any sort with PT.
Solid as a rock here... *shrug*
Old 19th March 2014
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Nerine ... depends on what mouse you are using ... what do you have ???
πŸ“ Reply