Quantcast
Waves C6 sidechain question - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Waves C6 sidechain question
Old 2nd March 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Waves C6 sidechain question - Answered.

What it boils down to is that I want to use the Sidechain version (mono) of Waves C6 with two side chains. One Key will be the kick drum and it will sidechain the 65hz band and the other key will be the snare track and it will key the 250hz band. I am inserting this multiband compressor on a bass track.

As of yet, I can only use one sidechain at a time - either the kick or snare.

Is this possible to do or must I use two separate instances of C6?

Last edited by Dave Modisette; 4th March 2014 at 08:59 PM.. Reason: Solution found
Old 4th March 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Solution for C6 question

Waves product support has confirmed that the C6 multiband compressor can only accept one sidechain send at a time. The only way to compress two frequency bands on a track is to use two instances of C6 and use different sends to the appropriate bands.
Old 9th March 2014
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I'm interesting to C6 now, it has a great price. But did you hear about Trackspacer ? Its a multiband (32 bands) dynamic EQ, that duck these freq, that contend in sidechain signal ! I wondering why Waves not make that solution. Check videos of Trackspacer on Youtube.
Old 10th March 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Trackspacer looks very cool. As far I can tell it has a certain amount of intelligence to it. Am I correct in thinking that instead of compressing a whole frequency band equally, it analyses what band is present between it's low and high limits and only compresses the appropriate bands within it's 32 band range?
Old 10th March 2014 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Modisette ➑️
Trackspacer looks very cool. As far I can tell it has a certain amount of intelligence to it. Am I correct in thinking that instead of compressing a whole frequency band equally, it analyses what band is present between it's low and high limits and only compresses the appropriate bands within it's 32 band range?

It is "listening" and analysing sidechaing signal then compress only these freq that sidechain signal have.

So If you send to Trackspacer kick and snare, it make space on bass in these freq range (kick, snare). Check this video:

Kick and Bass using TrackSpacer 2.0 (HQ) - YouTube

You can filterout freq that you don't want to be compress.
Old 17th March 2014
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Can't you just DON'T use the filter in the C6 and route the two tracks, already filtered via a aux track, together? Won't that do what you want?
πŸ“ Reply