Quantcast
Pro Tools bouncing files silent URGENT PLEASE HELP! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Pro Tools bouncing files silent URGENT PLEASE HELP!
Old 1st March 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Pro Tools bouncing files silent URGENT PLEASE HELP!

Hi guys,

I urgently need some Pro Tools files bounced, and Pro Tools is bouncing them as silent tracks (but the tracks full of data). I've matched up the outputs all the Analogue Out 1-2 on every track, and on the bounce window. I've tried exporting as every file type, different bit depths (the projects were recorded at 44.1/24, I've tried exporting as both 44.1/24 and 44.1/16). I need the files in about 20 minutes, are there any quick hacks alongside anything else? I've also got FL Studio 11 Pro.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

James
Old 1st March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'm having the same problem. Tried every option.

Pt11.1.2, new MacPro, Mavericks, Orion32.
Old 2nd March 2014
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Every time this has happened to me, it's always because I screwed something up either in the I/O settings or the routing. Double check all that stuff.

If all else fails, bus all of your audio tracks to a single stereo aux, then send that to a stereo audio track and record. Essentially, you're doing an internal real-time bounce. Once you've recorded to that stereo mixdown track, select the clip and hit cmd+shift+K to export the selected audio.

Hopefully the graphic explains it a little better.
Pro Tools bouncing files silent URGENT PLEASE HELP!-submixing.png
Old 2nd March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Jeffers: I will go back through all of these steps again to confirm my setup. I am using a OTB16 summing mixer which makes things a bit different tho. I go from my busses to the OTB, back in stereo into my submix Aux, then to a Master fader. The strange thing is the exact same session bounces just fine in PT10, but fails in 11!

I have been reduced to printing a separate track internally and exporting it, which is how I usually do things at Finals time. But of course the Offline Bounce feature is very nice for interim mixes or film mixes that can be 30 minutes or longer!

I have noticed something that May or may not be related! In 10, and the previous build of 11, I was able to have plugins on the submix Aux. Now any plugin I put on the submix channel is automatically bypassed! Very strange...

Look, I'm not insisting the bounce issue is a bug, but there is something going on that I don't understand here, and it's different in 10 and 11. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your view, I've moved to a nMP and PT11 and unless there is a MAJOR problem, I'm not going back to 10. The workflow ans speed improvements are just too sweet to step back.

I'll do some more poking around and if I find something I'll report back...
Old 2nd March 2014 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber ➡️
I have been reduced to printing a separate track internally and exporting it
Yeah, that's what I was talking about doing as an alternative to offline bounce.

What you're describing certainly sounds like a bug, especially given that it works in PT 10. Maybe try using Save Session Copy and see if creating a new session file helps? I know it's a stretch.
Old 2nd March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
OOPS......

my issue is MY BAD!

if you have any analog stuff in the chain, and I am using a summing box, you cannot bounce off line. as someone pointed out to me; "...you can't speed up the real world!" I guess anywhere otherwhere other than in the Tardis. [wry grin] in PT10 I was bouncing in realtime.

to the OP... if you are running out to anything, you can't do an offline bounce.
📝 Reply