Quantcast
Panning w/ Aux Busses in PT10 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Panning w/ Aux Busses in PT10
Old 21st January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Panning w/ Aux Busses in PT10

Hi all! I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question or if this topic has already been covered. I have looked around the forum and have found similar topics, but none have quite answered my question. So here I go:

I am currently mixing a song in PT10 and have sent all of my drum tracks to one stereo bus. The drum tracks are panned exactly where I want them to be, but the stereo bus seems to be panning all of the drums back to the center and ruining my stereo image.

Is there a way to stop the bus from centering everything? Or is there another way I can consolidate all of my drum tracks and keep the panning where I want?

Thanks!
Old 22nd January 2013

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverberator ➡️
Hi all! I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question or if this topic has already been covered. I have looked around the forum and have found similar topics, but none have quite answered my question. So here I go:

I am currently mixing a song in PT10 and have sent all of my drum tracks to one stereo bus. The drum tracks are panned exactly where I want them to be, but the stereo bus seems to be panning all of the drums back to the center and ruining my stereo image.

Is there a way to stop the bus from centering everything? Or is there another way I can consolidate all of my drum tracks and keep the panning where I want?

Thanks!
Hmm...that's not right.

So - your tracks are all going to eg "bus 1-2" and then you've got a stereo aux set up with input "bus 1-2" and output "master bus" or whatever? If this were the case, as soon as you send eg overheads to bus 1-2, the stereo image would remain at the bus too.

it sounds to me you've got a mono aux bus, but outputting to the stereo master, which might be confusing you. Try uploading a screen grab of the mixer page (mixer NOT in narrow view so we can see the routing!) and I'm sure the answer will be obvious.
Old 22nd January 2013 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey ➡️
it sounds to me you've got a mono aux bus, but outputting to the stereo master, which might be confusing you. Try uploading a screen grab of the mixer page (mixer NOT in narrow view so we can see the routing!) and I'm sure the answer will be obvious.
Fixed it! It was a mono bus.. feel pretty dumb for not realizing that sooner.

This is my first big project with a band and have never had enough tracks to use an aux bus before now. Thanks for your help!
Old 22nd January 2013 | Show parent

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverberator ➡️
Fixed it! It was a mono bus.. feel pretty dumb for not realizing that sooner.

This is my first big project with a band and have never had enough tracks to use an aux bus before now. Thanks for your help!
My favourite sort of problems to fix - the obvious ones!
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…