avid virtual instruments folder empty! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
avid virtual instruments folder empty!
Old 19th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
avid virtual instruments folder empty!

hi there,

i just bought pro tools 10. installed it along with the avid virtual instruments on my mac mini. opened protools, then tried to run expand 2 and whenever i click to load an instrument on one of the channels it just just says 'none'.

had a look in the avid virtual instruments folder and there is nothing there. i've run the virtual instruments installer 3 times and it said it was installed successfully each time but there's still nothing in that blasted folder.

so i ran the VI installer on another laptop and for some reason files were installed there - folders boom, expand2, and one other... i copied them over to my mac mini, stuck them into the avid VI folder, ran expand2, and got the message: bla bla bla can't find expand2.big . it gave me the option to browse to find the file, but when i found it in the Avid VI folder, i couldn't click on it.

i got the box set of pro tools 10 and i'm on mac osx 10.8.2... audio interphase is focusrite saffire 14

one thing though - and i don't know if this is worth mentioning - because i haven't bought a disk drive for my mac mini yet, i transferred the installers from disc to a usb drive and stuck them on my mac mini that way, and installed them from there. that shouldn't make a difference, right?

am thinking of just re-installing everything from scratch. would really appreciate any help out there.

oh and one last thing i need a hand with... having bought the box set, shouldn't i be able to download all these installers and upgrades from the avid site? can't seem to find my way around to be able to do that!

thanks thanks thanks!
Old 19th January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Same here w the air instruments - bunch of suck Avid !
Old 19th January 2013
Deleted User
You may have better luck searching the DUC for any answers. But meanwhile, here's a link from the DUC to the installers:

Pro Tools 10.3.3 Now Available - Avid Audio Forums
Old 19th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Don't bother with the installs that came with PT10. Use the above link Chucks provided.
📝 Reply