Quantcast
Scarlett 2i2 And Pro Tools 10 Cant Get 24bit??? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Scarlett 2i2 And Pro Tools 10 Cant Get 24bit???
Old 23rd September 2012
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Scarlett 2i2 And Pro Tools 10 Cant Get 24bit???

On windows 7 64bit, I have pro tools 10 installed and the scarlett 2i2 as my interface. Whenever I start pro tools and try to set it up as 24bit 48, as soon as the window opens it tells "asio device properties have changed by the device control panel. Pro Tools must be restarded for these changes to take effect. Please restart Pro Tools". If I just have the project at 16, 44 and then bounce down to the 24/48 will that work the same way or no?

Anyone have a fix with this issue? thanks in advance
Old 23rd September 2012
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
You need to change the clocking and bitrate info in the focusrite software first.
Then open up pro tools.
Old 23rd September 2012
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 10 years
that's the thing though the highest I can change the clocking and bitrate on the focusrite is only optioned to 16bit/98. I have no options at all for 24bit.

I tried opening pro tools and holding down n and I change the interface to asio4all and that's the only way I can get a project to open at 24/48.

Sent from my MB855 2
Old 27th September 2012
Focusrite

๐ŸŽง 10 years
If you haven't already please contact our support team here and we'll be happy to help: The Official Source for Focusrite Product Support and Information .: Focusrite Answerbase

Chris
Focusrite Support
Old 4th April 2013
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
hey please someone help...im new to protools i have protools 10 on my windows 7 i cant seem to get my focusrite scarlett 2i2 to pick up vocals instead it only picks up the mic from my webcam how do i get the sound to come from my mic???
Old 5th April 2013 | Show parent

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.proper โžก๏ธ
hey please someone help...im new to protools i have protools 10 on my windows 7 i cant seem to get my focusrite scarlett 2i2 to pick up vocals instead it only picks up the mic from my webcam how do i get the sound to come from my mic???
settings - playback engine - choose "scarlett" there instead of "built in audio" or "webcam" or whatever it's set to.

Also, in future start your own thread, and first read the manual - this is in the first couple of pages of the PT manual.
๐Ÿ“ Reply