The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Is the Lynx Aurora not compatible with HD Native?
Old 8th November 2011

🎧 10 years
Is the Lynx Aurora not compatible with HD Native?

Posted this in the hi end forum, but figured this would be the right audience for it seeing that it's the Pro Tools forum

I got a great deal on a Pro Tools HD Native Aurora 16 bundle recently. I have since come to learn that many people are having compatibility issues with the aurora lt-hd and the new HD native cards. It creates a problem with the sample rate and shuts pro tools down.

I haven't actually installed anything or tested the rig out myself as I am waiting for a new studio space to be ready at the end of the month. Does anyone have any experience or advice on the matter cause I am wondering if I should just try crossgrade to a didi converter. That would be way more expensive and want to avoid that tho!
Old 8th November 2011

🎧 10 years
one of the studios I work at has a HD native card and runs an aurora 16 and they dont have any problems with it. I dont know how its setup but you should be fine.

M
Old 9th November 2011
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
I have the exact setup (HD Native and Lynx 16 with LT-HD) never had a single issue, hiccup, burp, etc. worked flawlessly since the day I got it. Work at all sorts of sample rates too (44.1 > 96k)
Old 9th November 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 20 years
No problems here.

🎧 10 years
Good to hear that most people's Lynx/Native HD rigs are working fine. It puts me at ease a bit as I wait to get everything setup in a couple weeks. I emailed lynx today about the problem and they said this:

"The system actually does work well for a lot of people as is, but we have identified some timing difference with the Native card and are working on a firmware fix. I hope to have something out there within a month. In the meantime, most issues that people report are in the nuisance category, error messages on launch, relaunch of app, etc." (Lynx)

Sounds like those who are having some problems (tho probably not too serious), should have an easy solution via a firmware update soon!
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I for one have decided to go the Lynx route...

I've already gotten my HD|N card and was tossing up the Avid I/O's but I got a little bent with them over things lately and decided that not only are Lynx the less expensive option, they're probably the best option long-term.

Two of them will set me up nicely.
πŸ“ Reply