Quantcast
Zoom H8 and Pro Tools - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Zoom H8 and Pro Tools
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Zoom H8 and Pro Tools

Im hoping someone can help me asap. Im traveling and need to use my zoom h8 as an audio interface. It keeps saying the input and output are not assigned. When I play a video on YouTube, as I did trying to find a fix to my issue, I could hear sound going through the H8 headphones, but in pro tools nothing works. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Dale
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daledlf ➡️
Im hoping someone can help me asap. Im traveling and need to use my zoom h8 as an audio interface. It keeps saying the input and output are not assigned. When I play a video on YouTube, as I did trying to find a fix to my issue, I could hear sound going through the H8 headphones, but in pro tools nothing works. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Dale
if on a MAC .. Audio Midi Setup will show you if the Zoom F8 shows up - and it seems like it Should be there if you are hearing Youtube through it ...

Pro Tools Aggregate ... are you using that or does the Zoom F8 have Direct Drivers so it can be Seen Directly by Pro Tools ?????
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 ➡️
if on a MAC .. Audio Midi Setup will show you if the Zoom F8 shows up - and it seems like it Should be there if you are hearing Youtube through it ...

Pro Tools Aggregate ... are you using that or does the Zoom F8 have Direct Drivers so it can be Seen Directly by Pro Tools ?????
yea I made sure all that is set correctly and its still not picking it up in pro tools. I see the H8 getting the mic signal, but pro tools isnt receiving it to the track.
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daledlf ➡️
yea I made sure all that is set correctly and its still not picking it up in pro tools. I see the H8 getting the mic signal, but pro tools isnt receiving it to the track.
so aggregate device ....

did you toss prefs, restart Computer .... ???

sorry to ask the simple .. but you never know in the heat of the moment what we can forget to try .... cheers
📝 Reply