The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Linking Multiple MTRX Studio Converters to One HDX
Old 27th February 2021
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Linking Multiple MTRX Studio Converters to One HDX

Whats up guys. This is my first time needing to use Dante and my first time seeing the new MTRX converters and Dante. I can get the first unit to communicate with Pro Tools by routing the AD/DA to Digilink in DADman. The other MTrX Studios are not sending or receiving signal from DADman to Pro Tools. I see signal in DADman from the other MTRX.
Old 27th February 2021
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Just to be sure I udnerstand your set-up correctly. You have one MTRX Studio connected via DigiLink and the other MTRX Studios are connected to this one unit via Dante?

If that is the case, could you share screenshots of the following tabs in the Dante Controller software:
- Device info
- Clock status
- Network status

And also a screenshot from the bottom part of DADman showing the sync configuration.
Old 28th February 2021 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntpjl ➑️
Just to be sure I udnerstand your set-up correctly. You have one MTRX Studio connected via DigiLink and the other MTRX Studios are connected to this one unit via Dante?

If that is the case, could you share screenshots of the following tabs in the Dante Controller software:
- Device info
- Clock status
- Network status

And also a screenshot from the bottom part of DADman showing the sync configuration.
I made a video of the routing matrix of DADman and the Dante Controller. I will take some screenshots of what you asked when I am back there tomorrow.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iDV...ew?usp=sharing
Old 1st March 2021 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Thanks for the video. Seems like you have it all routed correctly.
What I did notice was that the unit with ch. 49-64 was working fine, whereas the other two units (17-24 and 33-48). So it seems that one is set up or connected differently from the other two. Maybe you can shed some light on this, in addition to the screenshots?
On a sidenote, may I suggest you change the Unit ID of the 4 units so they are different? The Unit ID is the number next to the name. Simply double-click on it and you can change it. I would suggest the following numbering:
Ch. 1-16 = 1
Ch. 17-32 = 2
Ch. 33-48 = 3
Ch. 49-64 = 4
This will probably make it easier for the user to get an overview of the system.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Thanks, I changed their IDs.

Today I came in and played with DADman a bit. I changed unit 1 to Preferred Master and the two units that were not working snapped on and work fine now. I dont think anything was set as the preferred master before, but I was still getting 49-64?
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Great, glad you got it working. Wrong clock setting is, in my experience, one of the most common causes for Dante not working. It should still work even if you don't select one of them as preferred master, unless one of them is sync'ed to e.g. WC. But then that unit would usually be selected as clock master.

Anyway, I hope it keeps on working from now on.
Old 5th March 2021
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
So the studio had an accident and I had to restore the drive and I am having the same issue again. I have found that clocking is indeed the issue, but only the first one will follow the sample rate of the session. The only way I can get the other converters to work is to manually change them to the sample rate of the session. I have tried many different configurations of clock source/sync, but they do not follow the main one connected to the HDX. Any ideas that I should try? I believe this is the root of the issue, appreciate any help.
πŸ“ Reply