Quantcast
Digidesign ICON D Command metering issues - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Digidesign ICON D Command metering issues
Old 12th April 2020
Here for the gear
Digidesign ICON D Command metering issues

ICON D COMMAND stereo metering issues help - PT Pros?
Hi There hopefully someone can shed light on this odd problem eg another mixer on ICON PRo using several stereo returns on mix.

I’m Using PT10.3 HD with no issues doing mix recalls from archives.

When monitoring any mix on headphones or Main/Alt/Mini stereo output to monitors - I hear full stereo/mono albeit on LCR 5.1 output...so Left =ch1 right =ch5 (see i/o pic) on all speakers/cans

I then try to monitor the same mix via optical/AES/Spdif digital outputs via the on board stereo returns 1/2/3 and all only play on left side despite mix still showing full stereo on meters ch1/ch2 whilst on AES/Spdif/optical output monitor playback. (see pic)

So i decided to change the main mix outputs to ch 1and 2 and this time the main stereo mix plays on meters ch1/ch2 but only left side/no right channel on same headphones or all 3 speaker monitors and any optical mix/digital mix is now back to stereo in headphones and monitors (see i/o pic)

my question is how to get both main mix or any AES/optical 2 track returns to playback on the same meters (eg either ch1/ch5 OR ch1/ch2 NOT BOTH AT SAME TIME when switching to either mode) and always be the same stereo in headphones and monitors.
I am trying to mix and be able switch from stereo to stereo returns and not lose the right channel. the D Command console has this facility on the monitor section.
i even tried to match 2 x stereo outputs (for both digital and main outputs) on set up i/o and it totally wiped the metering all over the place...Trial and error is just not working.

Seems like a mad problem that has stuffed me to sort out....SSL routing is far easier.. but this is a diff price point i know.

The pristine condition desk and all outputs are all ok individually and the digidesign manuals barely touch the full wiring output capacity of this console IMO - so not much use either there.

if anyone has a .pio i/o set up file to send over that would solve this ...then please do ...as this issue is wasting a lot of time to sort. before anyone asks
I have painfully reset the I/O and then recalled it back on several occasions ..nothing seems to solve this multi monitoring issue so far.

i can mix but it s a really annoying restriction right now. xall stereo tests here are perfect imaging individually but this digital default to l=ch1 and r=ch2 is mad as the D COMMAND mainly works on 5.1. changing digital to 5.1 outputs does not work either. (no surprise there)
so any mix is generally outputting...left = ch1 and right = ch5 and digital left ch1/rch2
i have tried to reset to main stereo only but no joy

Thank you very much in advance all - stay safe.?
Any help greatly appreciated !!?

https://we.tl/t-pizm3ehxd2
Attached Thumbnails
Digidesign ICON D Command metering issues-img_6178.jpg   Digidesign ICON D Command metering issues-img_6179.jpg   Digidesign ICON D Command metering issues-img_6184.jpg   Digidesign ICON D Command metering issues-img_6187.jpg   Digidesign ICON D Command metering issues-aedaa733-f87a-4d7a-bd95-f5b51416f753.jpeg  

Digidesign ICON D Command metering issues-ebb6aa03-2ecb-4a4a-9eda-813d9eec68b4.jpg   Digidesign ICON D Command metering issues-31c18dd1-6135-45ec-9923-3288ee89205c.jpg  

Last edited by mixkidd; 14th April 2020 at 10:09 PM.. Reason: add screenshots x 2
📝 Reply