The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Our very own psycho_monkey has done an excellent column for the good people over at music-credit librarians Jaxsta - this is a...

Whitecat
replies: 0 views: 9,550
Whitecat 20th October 2021

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 152 views: 150,769
64gtoboy 11th October 2021

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 163 views: 170,500
idee und klang 9th October 2021

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 182 views: 251,977
omega75 11th December 2020

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 124,559
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 62,604
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 65,538
Jules 1st February 2011

Hey guys, I received a audio with reverb & delay a lot on the sides (in mono it sounds totally dry). How to bring...

elvioms
replies: 2 views: 117
elvioms 9 hours ago

Hey everyone! I have a question: I would like 4 extra mic inputs for my set up. I am running an Antelope Discrete 8 Pro as...

richmillindrums
replies: 6 views: 165
[email protected] 12 hours ago

Hey gang, I've seen a lot of YouTube content lately where a reviewer or presenter will try and compare two different audio...

flybeereligion
replies: 6 views: 347
ambiguous signal 1 day ago

I'm a total noob when it comes to using any sort of external hardware gear - i've only ever used plugins etc with my UAD Apollo....

sluggg
replies: 3 views: 69
sluggg 1 day ago

Hey Guys! Im glad this Forum exists rockout First of all , im not native English speaker/ writer , so excuse my bad English...

Mowqli000
replies: 5 views: 182
Korcraft 1 day ago

We're doing a video podcast with my kids, playing online games while listening to music. So I've got 3 channels of talking and...

daveasdf
replies: 3 views: 234
daveasdf 1 day ago

Need to set up shure sm48 micrphone with jbl speaker. Will it work and be loud enough to speak to 50-100 people in a ballroom?

jeremymusicman
replies: 3 views: 214
Bushman 2 days ago

Hello, I am able to create and use each mono 500 series slot as mono insert and also use each stereo 500 series module as...

Derply
replies: 4 views: 218
Korcraft 2 days ago

I got annoyed with the UA 'ecosystem'. My nice new Apollo Twin X borked: insufficient processors to run the UAD plugin$ I'd...

Rowboat
replies: 4 views: 187
Rowboat 2 days ago

So I recently just got a motu 828es. The two headphone outs are distorting and they sound really strange. For instance, when i go...

Banjoman1201
replies: 1 views: 171
Korcraft 3 days ago

Let's say I have a band session with heaps of tracks. Now I am setting up a reverb on an aux bus (or fx channel, as it's called...

prophet
replies: 4 views: 270
joeq 3 days ago

Listening to professional mixes, i've noticed some pretty extreme volume automation going, yet nothing ever gets out of hand. It...

L Audio
replies: 3 views: 162
joeq 3 days ago

Hi, I tried using another than the original power source for my Sabre SB35. At first it turned on but wouldnt play any music,...

Johnspink
replies: 14 views: 638
Johnspink 3 days ago

hey something im just noticing now and not sure if this is normal or not and somethings up with my system. Lets say for example...

sound joe
replies: 14 views: 342
sound joe 4 days ago

I recently purchased the Apollo Twin X Duo. It seems okay, and probably great for my travel kit, but I'd like to use an LA 610...

chriscaldwell11
replies: 2 views: 141
chriscaldwell11 4 days ago

I am a guitarist and drummer. I have some nice gear but looking to expand. I have cut my teeth recording guitars and have been...

Drumcam1010
replies: 13 views: 600
Drumcam1010 4 days ago

Just wondering, as people often use both? If I had monitor speakers with 5" drives, would use these to mix the overall...

Zoofie
replies: 7 views: 1,321
Studio54 5 days ago

Hello, I am wondering if anyone can help me get close to the sound of Lou Reed's vocals on the Velvet Underground song Ocean...

Auditormusic
replies: 0 views: 158
Auditormusic 5 days ago

Hello! I am looking for partners who will help me develop several plug-ins for processing audio files or buy existing ones. The...

GarryT
replies: 1 views: 191
joeq 5 days ago

Hello, I am hoping to start recording some of my jazz gigs. The recordings will be mainly for instagram, youtube, and...

jcguitar
replies: 7 views: 300
Korcraft 5 days ago

Hey all I'm a bit of a noob, however, having done copious amounts of research and reading I don't feel quite so alone... I...

richmillindrums
replies: 5 views: 191
Korcraft 5 days ago

Hi, I'm trying to build a (home recording) system that is always ready. If possible, even w/o the need to flick a power switch....

jaborandi
replies: 23 views: 567
Eric Stravinsky 5 days ago

Ok, so I'm finally about to wrap up my mix, and now I realize it sounds very boxy. If I put the EQ shown on the pic below on the...

Spoiled
replies: 16 views: 11,149
Korcraft 6 days ago

I am an amateur videographer and have a Zoom H4N sound recorder that I know how to use just enough to get pretty good audio to go...

Margthecar
replies: 3 views: 163
David W. Jones 1 week ago

My question is: does using SPDIF bypass preamps for an audio interface? I can't find one clear answer on line saying if SPDIF...

PaleCriminal
replies: 2 views: 160
PaleCriminal 1 week ago

Much talk in mastering tutorials about making everything below 100hz mono. But... I've been using my stereo metering plugin...

mattframe
replies: 9 views: 433
Muser 1 week ago

I think this is a constant battle I'm having. To start off, I usually have a sound I'm going for in my mind, and then I start off...

onetyme
replies: 22 views: 1,328
joeq 1 week ago

Hi I’m getting issues including Cross talk and missing connections using db25 connectors on an antelope Orión gen 3 New using...

Adventuresof
replies: 16 views: 561
dmbandtimmy 1 week ago

I can't find any info about this for the life of me. Anybody have an idea?

MaxTickle
replies: 2 views: 273
Muser 1 week ago

First of all, hello and thanks for reading and I wasn't sure which forum to place this... I have 2 questions that are relevant...

DiirtySoul
replies: 1 views: 193
joeq 1 week ago

So I'm wondering about what happens to all the plugins and software I'm buying when I get a new computer. Are they transferable...

Miles Dabis
replies: 15 views: 492
Muser 1 week ago

Hello, i purchased a new preamp the ART PRO MPA II and i don't know why it makes an electric sound, i know it's the preamp...

Lookatcha
replies: 3 views: 271
Muser 1 week ago
replies: - views: -
bill5 1 week ago

I hope this is the right place for this question. Which set up would have the best sound quality for recording? Soundcraft...

john_dikeman
replies: 2 views: 191
john_dikeman 1 week ago

Like everything, I realize that every tool has its purpose in place & time. However, in setting up effect sends is there a...

ARNK
replies: 6 views: 442
chrischoir 1 week ago

My tube/valve mic power supplies are lined up in one row on my rack. Regardless of the brand, the power cords all connect on the...

9xSound
replies: 28 views: 1,469
PACHAMAMA 1 week ago

I’m not sure of the exact term I’m seeking, maybe Pan Meter? So I’ve been using PreSonus Studio One since Ver 2 with a...

geddydawg
replies: 0 views: 116
geddydawg 1 week ago

Hi everyone, I'm a violinist who often records myself at home for YouTube videos, and now I'm also being asked to record at home...

rak128
replies: 21 views: 1,822
joeq 1 week ago

I’m wondering if anyone knows of background resources I can check out as I learn about comb filters. In particular, a new...

chad9477
replies: 0 views: 140
chad9477 1 week ago

Hey there :) Hope this is good place to ask… What happend is that i bought Tascam 38, mostly because really good price and...

samurabe
replies: 8 views: 217
Korcraft 1 week ago

Hi everyone. Trying to figure out and appreciate the bigger benefit of transferring my EZD 3 drum audio to my Pro Tools...

SparkyCanada
replies: 8 views: 290
SparkyCanada 1 week ago

Hey guys, so I am looking at getting a new pair of studio headphones in the $150 to $300 range. For years I have had a pair of...

SteveyC123
replies: 19 views: 6,488
jack81 1 week ago

Hi! I got confused when trying to understand setting the levels going from my UAD Apollo x8 into an API 2500+ compressor....

serious_fi
replies: 4 views: 187
Korcraft 1 week ago

Hey guys - this one is a bit in the weeds for me so hoping an experienced person can set me straight quickly :cowbell: Using...

Purple_Rain
replies: 2 views: 198
gearstudent 2 weeks ago

Hi Guys, For some reason this thread keeps disappearing after I post it. Anyway I ma using Omnisphere 2 and in some...

Megamind
replies: 4 views: 3,419
endling22 2 weeks ago
replies: - views: -
malvakid 2 weeks ago

Hi! I am about to set up my first singing recording and practicing corner in my small appartment. I am now choosing between two...

Ieva
replies: 12 views: 474
g.t. 2 weeks ago

I'm really happy with how my mix sounds in the headphones i used to mix them but i don't feel its translating well to smaller...

L Audio
replies: 6 views: 278
Bushman 2 weeks ago

Let's say I have something like a String Quartet, with 4 acoustic instruments I've recorded each with a single mic and a mono...

stevieotomy
replies: 8 views: 310
joeq 2 weeks ago

I've always been pretty happy with my drum sounds. Lots of punch and pretty clean sounding. Only recently have I recognized the...

Rob_Feature
replies: 3 views: 250
Frankie Mumbles 2 weeks ago

Moderators